Tree of Savior Forum

Saving Tree of Savior!

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @staff

Is there a way we can possibly have a good community discussion on ways to save ToS? I feel like this needs to be brought up, and having only spent three days in this game currently I can see some major problems! I want this game to be better and bigger than ever because it deserves it, but it needs help!

BUGS (There’s more than what is listed here, but you get the idea!)

• Map Exploration Bug (Resets back to 0%)
  • Pet’s that get stuck while unmounting
  • Cryomancer’s skills causing major FPS drops
  • Crafting stopped because of latency
  • Loading times can suddenly freeze, causing you to have to restart client
  • Party members joining sometimes causes really bad FPS drops

And many more! It needs a lot of work, and this needs to be done in order to make people less frustrated. Moving on to other issues.

BOTS

This is a big problem I’ve seen in maps, even in the lower ones I’ve been in, and I’ve only just reached in the 100’s! There needs to be some format or quiz that you can do, to test if you’re a bot. Maybe sending the right answer for a little ingame thing will give you something that’s good? It shouldn’t however affect gameplay while in a dungeon or something, so maybe just for free farming? Or allow it to be answered within a good time frame, and put it at the side of the screen.

This is a good issue to be addressed because it raises the market prices exponentially and makes it really hard for a newbie to even join or even get on the same page. It also promotes silver sellers. Which I’ve heard in the forums that RMT is currently a big problem. Addressing the bot issue will help with this, but not entirely.

TOKEN (Or at least the benefits)

I feel like the token actually limits this game’s playerbase and sets it back. Yes, I know there is a need for profit, but limiting people is not the right way to go about it. Instead, maybe offer an exclusive outfit, emotes, a special badge to show that you support the game, or other stuff that doesn’t effect the actual gameplay! It’s a dated item, but there’s many other ways you can add stuff.

• Outfits (More!!) I hardly see a selection compared to many other games!
  • Hairstyles
  • Skin tones
  • Accessories
  • Weapon skins
  • Glowing/Sparkles particles
  • Pets
  • Character Slots
  • Megaphones

And many more ideas! Yes, I know that some of these are implemented right now, but there is so much potential for more! Especially rare ones.

Now that the hard and technical stuff is out of the way, there’s some ways to improve the playerbase and get more people rallying! The wait times right now are ridiculous for some things (I’ve been sitting in queue as I type this for a Level 100 Siaulai Mission for 38minutes! That’s nuts especially when I can’t solo it!)

Why don’t you re-release this game with Steam with a new launch? To hopefully get better reviews now that you are improving and adding content? I see that people are happy with the Hunting Grounds (Somewhat) and the big bug patch notes and the events! You might be able to get some more players that way.

Making a Facebook/Twitter or any social media for that matter event in which you have to post a screenie and tag your post or something? Or like a page and invite friends for some TP or a rare item or even just some common/mid tier items? This would drag more attention back. Even getting some more ads out there might help as well!

I’m basically done with my rant. Open to debate since clearly I have not been here as long as any of you, but I feel like these problems are really glaring and could definitely be solved with some work! It would also be nice for this to be brought to attention!

And yes there’s so much more to be added, so feel free to add below too! Maybe some insight from the @staff would be nice? :smile:

10 Likes

Also I didn’t bring this up because I don’t know how the community feels about it, but what about a Klaipeda/Orsha server merge? More players for chatting? It gets lonely haha
:grin:

You forgot the most important thing out there: the “Repurchase Function”.

7 Likes

:disappointed: :disappointed:

Fixing hunter’s growling skill is much more important.

Fix the crashing and fps and we can start calling TOS a proper MMO.

1 Like

As long as who ever is running iTOS whether one of the Senior Staff or the illusive mysterious man nothing will change. They talk a good game but show nothing.

8 Likes

I really, really just want some more players like myself. It feels really lonely being the only newbie that is motivated haha… (Or at least feeling like it)

This is just so sad, hope you find enthusiastic friends ingame.

This is something we need, but i believe the op is talking about long term fixes where merging the servers focuses our population but does not stop us from bleeding players.

1 Like

That’s correct, I am the OP and am talking about long term fixes, but I feel like this little bandage would help at least gather hunting parties for the hunting grounds and make new friends. Having a multi-server dungeon queue is nice, but sometimes you just want some friends :confounded:

Again Staff is not letting it happen or the illusive man.

In b4 slander yet they said it and are the ones actually doing it.

1 Like

A smaller server that has a smaller community? But for what reason? That makes no sense. I feel like they might not have the tools to move everything or just aren’t willing to put in the work. It could help some issues currently with lesser players. The bigger server (Klaipeda) is still small!!

1 Like

Don’t get too close to the truth or else you and me might disppear. Prolly just me though because they need my head to roll appeasing what ever is left of their base. There’s little reason for them not to merge the servers and fix their silly regional TP purchase problems. I am sure the economy can’t suffer more on the AH when there already is none.

1 Like

Fair enough, I just feel like it would really help.

And another issue. Class balancing! There’s so many classes under performing and other classes that are way above the rest. It’s very evident even from a newbie’s point of view :frowning:

Originally iTOS was supposed to be “different” in terms of class balancing but that never happened and now at the mercy of kTOS changes. Their developers do not even read here or show any interest in bridging the language gap so do not get your hopes up there either.

2 Likes

this will save iTOS!!

7 Likes

How will that cube bring more players? Attract a bigger audience? I see it helping out people for sure, as a P2W element. But that doesn’t look like it solves anything.

They are applying reverse logic. Several people in here has this urge of the death of the game that they apply the lowest tactics in order to support the demise.

4 Likes

Well I don’t see the cube inherently good nor evil. It just won’t really help the game apart from some sales and making end game more achieveable for those who want to spend tons of cash.

What I want is a sustainable way to make players come back, not something like this… Or attract players.