Tree of Savior Forum

Sadhu Buff Suggestions

I currently just played sadhu a couple of nights and feel that the oob auto attack is very slow and and hard to aim. I might need some more practice but this is what I feel so far. I notice fade works MARVELOUSLY with oob i was thinking circle 3 cleric would be nice.

oob explosion takes a while to trigger and I really wish it happens automatically when you recall you spirit but I understand the uses of not blasting everything when you recall ur spirit but I wish it triggers faster. this might be unique for me though.

http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/skill/ectoplasm_attack
this skill really messes with me
why would it be circle 0 and how do you level this skill?
I know this is passive but I has level so how does it level up?
Its not investable by skill points or by attribute purchase
do note that it is not the enhance ectoplasm attack passive.

I believe that there is so much mystery with OOB but I wish they clarify it some more because it helps people plan and this is a game that does require dedicationā€¦ being a fan of this classā€™s idea is kinda hard if there are so many secrets around it.

so far wht I know is OOB benefits from location buffs it goes through but carries one at a time BUT i dont know which stacks.

I want the attack speed back too but Iā€™d appreciate documentation more since I do appreciate balance

I never planned to post here in the forum, but with the current state of Sadhu, I just seriously had to.
Sadhu is basically the only way INT-based Clerics can auto attack with high damage. I loved the class during the iCBT (and even now Iā€™m still planning to get it). And Iā€™m getting it in hopes of IMC buffing it again.

Out of Body (OOB)
(1) Return the speed and damage(was this also nerfed?) of OOB attack to how it was during the iCBT. During iCBT, attacking monsters is already difficult enough because they run away from you. Thatā€™s why Attack speed is absolutely important.
(2) Iā€™m not sure about the reason why IMC nerfed the class in the first place. Was it too OP because of itā€™s speed and damage? If this was the case then they can always go a different approach.
(2a) Instead of the current nerf, how about adding a cost to using the skill? Similar to Psychokinoā€™s Psychic Pressure, add SP(or maybe STA) consumption for every attack.
(2b) If not a cost, how about limiting the characterā€™s actions? Make all skills unusable while in OOB (except for Astral Body Explosion and Prakriti of course)? Inb4, yeah you wonā€™t be able to cast Safety Wall or Fade while in OOB. Not really a big problem though. Just cast it while not in OOB and then go OOB after.

Iā€™ll edit this if I come up with more ideas/suggestions.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan, for the love of god please return Sadhuā€™s state to how it was in iCBT (and instead consider option 2a or 2b). Donā€™t make us regret choosing the class we love. Thanks and more power to your team!

2 Likes

I AGREE
have too low an attack speed makes controlling hard. someone also brought this up. I think maybe they can just tweak the damage instead and keep the speed. It gives easy control and does not affect the overall dps that much.
my point here is user experience when playing the character

I love the idea of sadhu. the current state is challenging to say the least. So my only suggestion is buff the speed for usability
if the damage output is too muchā€¦ tweak the damage not usability.

the other thing about sadhu is that the buffs from the current state may even be placed on circle 2 or 3 or even with the levels of the ā€œout of bodyā€ skill
because as it is now there is no COMPELLING benefit to going circle 3 sadhu. oob which felt central somehow became a ineffective nice to have skill kept at lvl 1. I believe providing a reason to boost a skill creates the necessity to give it levels otherwise just make it like Prakriti which only has 1 level.

I believe the designers originally made the attack speed that way for UX issues. positioning and attacking is hard. even the 3 hits thing could be reduced just make it single fast jabs so that it matches the mobility of the spirit. it just feels wonky right now. please consider.

Best regards,

1 Like

plz check this, we love sadhu !!

They answered me

Hello @rmatiasg,

Balancing is always an issue for any MMORPG. We will most definitely look into balancing issues as well, but we are currently trying to focus on stabilization so that more people can enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Makes sense, balancing should not be a priority right now

1 Like

Itā€™s good to hear something from ADMsā€¦ but Iā€™m sad, seeing so many problems regards server stabilization I just can think that it will take ages for us to see some rework or buff to Saddhu!

bump

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn

Yeah their is a bug after using astral body explosion, you will be stuck on the same place. Annoying :triumph::triumph::triumph:r:ā€¦ Animation is too slow and damage too poorā€¦ Now im regretting sadhu path., :sob::sob::sob:

(2a) Instead of the current nerf, how about adding a cost to using the skill? Similar to Psychokinoā€™s Psychic Pressure, add SP(or maybe STA) consumption for every attack.
(2b) If not a cost, how about limiting the characterā€™s actions?
Make all skills unusable while in OOB (except for Astral Body Explosion
and Prakriti of course)? Inb4, yeah you wonā€™t be able to cast Safety
Wall or Fade while in OOB. Not really a big problem though. Just cast it
while not in OOB and then go OOB after.

I completely disagree with this. Both your suggestions would break the class reallly really hard.
This would break every sadhu already made since investing point in SPR is currently useless. The only reason you can stay in OOB is your ability to protect your body with your ā€˜bodyā€™ spells. (Like Zaibas and Protect zone)

As for the attack speed, all I see if people complaning the class is too hard to play. Just learn to aim, chase the target and move between each hits. It is really not that hard.

I have not played the Closed beta Sadhu, but Iā€™m around lvl 110 right now and the clear speed is super good both on bosses and to farm. I donā€™t really see any problems here. Cleric 1, Krivis 2 Sadhu 1

3 Likes

I definitely agree with @alex25000, although I think the hitbox is kind of tiny on the OoB AA. That combined with the fact that I kind of feel stuck in place when I attack (more so than with other classes), can make it hard to stutter step properly.

I also think that being able to cast spells with oob is CRITICAL. It makes the character fun.

TBH, I would like for OOB to have the same attack range as 1h swords and allow us to attack while jumpingā€¦ Thatā€™s really all I need cuz the attack range is abysmal and being stuck in place for a melee attack is horrid. The attack speed and damage is fine, OOB isnā€™t supposed to replace damaging spells for no cost and 2x the range. Especially with the copious amounts of invincibility skills clerics can get.

A root would be too strong, if anything, I would like the attribute that reduces physical defense to be changed to reduce magic defense, but I believe that that would make sadhu too strong in conjunction with any sort of OOB buff.

I think double the attack speed, half the damage and for it to be an aoe around the spirit instead of where itā€™s facing, so i can just chuck my OOB on an enemy and know itā€™ll hit.

but really if anything i just want to see a string of numbers. make it satisfying being able to hit with the OOB

Yes, I agree. Out of Body has problems with targeting. Enemies walk around when we attack with OoB while using fadeā€¦ increasing the attack speed (and in turn maybe lower the damageā€¦but I wouldnt welcome it :P) would be a Quality of Life change. I really hope something will be done in this field. And I also agree that Out of Body could need SOME attributeā€¦ maybe something we could toggle. Oh, and Vashita Siddhi does not work on flying mobsā€¦which sucks and is not mentioned in the descriptionā€¦please fix that too.

1 Like

I hope with a Joystick Controller having less of this problems. However I donā€™t agree with the need of attack speed.

I found pretty good the Sadhu. Stop linking staff for thrash topics PLS

@tyler.j.moor You are always complaining about Sadhu, stop playing right now and do something else. It is anoying.

this post was from last week. if you dont like it, dont click on these topics :slight_smile:

n one of your posts a dev said he will look at sadhu, so we may be gettign a patch on abe, and oob attack speed

After thinking about it some more, there are some other things that I think are kind of weird about OoB. Like. Why canā€™t I jump? In the level 90 dungeon thereā€™s an area where your spirit will get stuck, because you have to jump over a fallen group of pillars. Itā€™s obnoxious. Also, the fact that you canā€™t cancel OoB if you get silenced seems like more of a design oversight than an intentional feature? Like. I canā€™t move my body, I canā€™t attack, I canā€™t cast anything. So I guess Iā€™ll just sit here and hope I donā€™t die.