Tree of Savior Forum

Running Shot (in-depth Guide and Understanding)

this Thread is not about how good or bad QS3 is, it is about how Bad things can go if you pick QS3 solely because of Running shot.

Understanding Running Shot

Running Shot = Buff type skill but, also it is a conditional channeling skill as well.

hey?? wait, WTF are you saying, whats this conditional channeling skill??

understanding Spell/Skill types as such:

Conditional Channeling Skill:

>a type of Skill which is in form of ‘Duration’ in which, certain condition must be met in order to execute the skill. in which Running Shot is in form of ‘AA’ or 'Basic Attacks".

what does this mean?? its confusing;

Running Shot as implied Channeling skill, will only deal damage, or execute its purposing if you are doing 'AA’s or ‘Basic Attacks’

Rough example

Running shot = 35secs
assuming 50kish damage / sec (which is too much, but for math’s sake lets do this)
50k damage x 35sec = 1,750K

pretty good damage let alone Running shot. now let’s add some other Class. hmm? how about the famous Schwarzreiter?

SR3 Skills:

Forward Shot - 10secs duration ‘Buff type - Channeling Type’ (60s cooldown)
Retreat Shot - 10secs duration ‘Buff type - Conditional Channeling Skill [movement]’ (40s cooldown)

inserting the Skills over the Duration:

let’s say: Forward shot deals 10k per bullet, x2 every sec over the full duration:

Forward shot: 10k x2 [10] = 200,000 (10k for knowledge sake)

let’s say: Retreat shot deals 15k per bullet, x2 every sec over the full duration: (15k for knowledge sake)

Retreat shot: 15k x2 [10] = 300,000

Hey fellas wait, retreat shot can hit 3x if paired with chronomancer. you are doing it wrong !

-No

adding up chronomancer will put Runningshot in a more pitiful situation. will explain later.

summary:

Duration of 35sec

Forward shot 10sec = 200K damage
Retreat shot 10sec = 300K damage
Running shot 15sec = 750K damage

if: Running shot 50k x sec = 750K damage

sums up for 1,250K, in which, a Full duration of Running shot can deal 1,750K, 500k lower than before.

Baka, you’re doing it wrong. Forward Shot and Retreat Shot is AoE. so the damage would be higher.

True

Forward shot and Retreat shots are both AoE. again, will be explained later.

Noob, ofcourse i will only use Running shot while Both my SR skills are in cooldown.

-Somehow True, maybe in a proper rotation you can, but i’ll give it to you.

[details=special computation]Duration of 55sec

Forward shot 10sec = 200K damage
Retreat shot 10sec = 300K damage
Running shot 35sec = 1750K damage

Sums up for 2250K damage…

However. . .[/details]

Your computations just proved that Running shot works well with Future Classes, you are indeed wrong.

-Maybe yes, Maybe No

while the numbers seems to get bigger, there is one Fact that should be taken point.

I’ll just drop some hints since i can’t finish it just now. (too stressed from lag, not used in making wall of texts)

-as the time passes, here comes another, the more they come, the more they forget about you. and eventually, slowly fading, regardless of how great you were during the past.

PS, there are still hope, but that lies on how the future unfold. which is very slim.

Will continue tomorrow.

1 Like

I will take this thread as a bait one, you talked this and that but not a single explanation about why RS is bad for future classes in the build.

I have a QS3 > Wugu2 > Cannon2, i use RS all the time in the new content, the mob have a huge HP pool, hit hard and if you walk around you are prone to be surrounded in less than 10 secs.

RS help me spread Wugong Gu fast enough when my Throw Gu Pot is on CD, and i only use my Cannon skills when i have Caltrops ready to throw, since cannon skills require the char to knee to use it.

RS also help me kite bosses in missions or dungeons with multiple bosses, it’s a good skill to support the group, specially PUGs in missions.

RS also allow me to be one of the top DPS in the group, even with shitty gear like mine, not that i care about that crap.

Try to be a bit more constructive when you going to say something is bad or not worth.

5 Likes

QS3 is not that bad. but if you read from my the lines, picking QS3 solely because of Running Shot means you are indeed, abandoning your future.

since the lag was here, i am trying my best to write up a wall of text, along with some math magicks to try define the reason why. i have concluded into this.

i haven’t posted yet any reason because i wanted to hear everyone opinion first. for there could be some spots that i haven’t looked out.

by mere means i have my own QS3 as to experience about this matter.

I read some posts about lag causing RS problems, not sure what are them, since my latency is around 200ms, 150 when the connection between me and the server is fine.

For me don’t make much of a difference except that the damage numbers in my screen come up a bit later than the arrow in my screen hit the monster.

And as for what i said before, is exactly what i told you, you say is not bad, but picking is abandoning the future, i can’t get what you mean by that.

I will wait you explain why and then comment on it.

Reading the title triggered me, but reading his post, albeit a vague one, made me think.

Here’s my take on his argument: If you’re going QS for the sole purpose of getting Running Shot, then you are wasting 3 ranks just to be able to have better DPS and easier kiting. Since the bare minimum of having godly DPS without the need of having a brain is a mere Grand Cross, it becomes a noobtrap such that QS mains (like myself, lol) becomes increasingly overdependent on Running Shot that they neglect the impact of a proper QS, which is, like your example says, the high tactical advantage QS skills give you, Caltrops and Pavise comes to mind.

Again, like OP mentioned, RS in itself is not bad, but for my take on his post, overdependence on it is.

2 Likes

I took QS because of runningshot as well as the utility the pavise and caltrops provides when doing endgame content. Many people also don’t realize that QS + shield havE great synergy together.

You are forced to at some point be dependent on it, like i said, at the new content, I myself left my GC in my stash, since i can get more damage from a Lv 170 or 220 xbow, my main weapon tho, is a Viper, many monsters in the new content are earth type, so poison is extremely efficient to kill them, i am no rich player (not in the sense of real money, well, i don’t expend money on games unless they are worth my money tho), so my gear is pretty cheap.

I don’t find myself being dependent on RS tho, i keep forgetting to use it most of the time, actually i am pretty bad at managing my CD’s except the poisons.

I myself am the type of player who plan the whole thing before hand, unless i find other class that would do better or be fun for me in the middle of the progress, i stick to the build i started.

So picking QS3 for RS for me was good, in the end, anyone can come here and say N skill is not a good idea to pick another circle, but who will decide that is the person playing his build, and trying to make the best use of it.

edited the main post. please have a good read. pardon if i wasn’t able to finish it this time.

you really are a True QS3, it is not just about running shot, but more of the utility it bring. and yes, the thread is about picking QS3 solely because of Running shot. which is bad, and is, abandoning their future.

again, it is not about how good or bad QS3 is, it is about how Bad things can go if you pick QS3 solely because of Running shot.

I don’t get the point of this post. If anyone picks 3 circles just for one skill, the skill is either overpowered; they’re just following a meta; or they just don’t want to think on a proper path. All of which are laughable. That applies for any build, like Scout 3 only for Split arrow or Chrono3 only for pass, etc etc.

Besides, comparing running shot with retreat shot or with assault fire is fundamentally wrong because those skills are used in different situations. High CD vs Spammable skill, High AoE potential vs 0 AoE potential, Half good single target potential vs Decent single target potential

QS has a lot of things to offer, running shot being an awesome one. Hell I even made a QS 1 because I love caltrops and pavise

typical answer, but no, there was no comparison made for Running shot over SR skills, infact, they were interactions that are listed. :stuck_out_tongue: you said it yourself: [quote=“Bramia, post:9, topic:337816”]
comparing running shot with retreat shot or with assault fire is fundamentally wrong because those skills are used in different situations. High CD vs Spammable skill, High AoE potential vs 0 AoE potential, Half good single target potential vs Decent single target potential
[/quote]

please do have a good read, i myself do hate wall of text. but with all these QS3 thread that floats around, i felt like i have to do something. just like how making people realize how a newborn Scout3 can farm decently with just NPC gears.

it is up to the reader if they will accept, disagree or ignore. i made the thread as an eye opener. looking forward to more constructive criticism from you as a fellow archer user.

1 Like

Editing is not fair to the readers either xD Let me take a look again

ahaha i thought you’d say that, this lag is effin getting on my nerve i had the will to do something out of forum. but this wall of text is giving me headache, i wish i can be like uni or reilet who are good at making numbers -_-

Lol that’s fine. Actually, you’re one of the few who actually use bullets to make walls of text look smaller, so you get extra points for that haha

Anyway, what I meant was that running shot is indeed a buff because you can choose not to use it while it’s still up. Sure, you can do that with retreat shot, but the reason why I say this specially with running shot is because it is spammable, so you’re not really losing anything by casting other skills when running shot is still up. I see it as all your skills being fillers for running shot until rank 6-ish, maybe 7 and then becoming a filler, but its scaling is still pretty awesome (of course, any scaling will become shiet when, at rank 9, base skill attack are so ridiculously high the % doesn’t even matter )

Except QS has nothing else going for it.

If you want to follow the same logic, SR is far more risky if you’re thinking about the future, given there’s no indication of whether or not future ranks will have skills usable on a mount.

At no point in your future classes, however, will running shot be “bad,” because auto-attack filler will probably always exist.

1 Like

My wife did this.
After she tooks SR, the usage of Running shot goes to almost 0%.

That’s weird because I use running shot all the time and I’m an SR3 =)

She is heavy attributed so there is 0 point in AA’ing.

Same, I use RS all the time and I’m QS3-Wugu3-Hacka.
I don’t see what R2-R4 skills could have increased my dps more than RS.
(And yeah, QS brings a lot more than RS :slight_smile: )

I have some questions regarding RS in a QS3-Rouge3-Hacka Setting since I can’t seem to find the answer around.

Does RS work on Sword Offhand Attacks in that it boosts the damage? It would allow for some handy slashing dmg on cloth/slash debuffs and limited melee AoE.

Also, can’t I just throw in 8 Werewolf Cards, go full strength, socket Yellow Gems in both main and offhand (since a sword is still a Main for gems)? It be a glass cannon … but one hell of a cannon I guess for very low silver investment.

Asking because I want a fun cost efficient worldboss killer/material grinder. This looks to fit the bill.

I’m a QS3 SR3 but not too heavily attributed. I’m only at around 85% retreat shot attribute.