Tree of Savior Forum

Room for one more in the TOS community?

Hi!

So I’ll start by saying I know very little about the game and am checking out the wiki and googling/youtube’ing away, so I won’t bother with asking questions that every new user probably does. I just wanted to introduce myself, and maybe read experiences/stories that you all have had whether it be in the testing or by other means!

I’m an avid MMO player and am 24 years young. I spent a solid three or so years off and on playing RO, so on a nostalgic level, this one is already hitting hard. I won’t go on with all the MMO’s I’ve played, but I have a certain pattern when it comes to just maxing out a character and ditching the game and I’m hoping this one won’t be the case. I’m normally a solo-player (#insertSAOgifhere) , but in RO I only ever ran with guilds, and will probably look to join one that is more community based ( maybe close-knit? ) than result based. Pretty much though, I want to make some friends and hopefully share a good adventure with folks when the international goes live.

Anyways. Tell me your stories! What character did you pick first, and what was your first impressions? How is the overall community on the forums?

So as cliche as it might sound, lets be friends?

3 Likes

“Room for one more in the TOS community?”

No go away.

But on a more serious note feel free to stick around if you want to browse Korean patch notes, but for the most part between international betas the forums slow down alot.

Probably because they’re playing the Korean version eh’?

Thanks for the heads up. Should have figured that the forums would be slow between the tests.

I’m not really good at telling stories and giving feedback [size=7]because I’m a total pacifist[/size]
But so far ToS has me under its spell from cbt1 till now… where I played as a cleric/priest/krivis/pally/oracle, it has been really fun for me (I did try other classes, but I still prefer clerics). Exploring high lvl maps when I get bored and being 1hit killed by magic missiles or performing genocide with my party for silvers and experience or just idling with my guildies or doing pvp events and pictorials everywhere with them.
oh you btw you should check out our Sage’s new guide, that’s if you’re not busy or have other important things to do…
Anyway! See you around friendoo!~ hmu whenever :blush:

1 Like

Welcome~! Start off by getting accustomed to the classes by using these 2 pages:

Your character is your essence. You really don’t want to mess up later on in levels/ranks with your character by choosing the wrong job in this game, so choose wisely.

I chose Bokor which is a Vodouist, and also has the power to control a horde of Zombies. I think the real-life equivalent would be a Pop Star. It’s a good class, 'cuz I’m lazy, so the AI does all the work for me.

As for the community, it’s mostly-helpful and minorly-trollish. The argument/troll attacks aren’t so bad, and could be much worse:

Enjoy your stay. \o

1 Like

Your feedback was great! That it’s kept you coming back since cbt1 when the bugs were everywhere I imagine is definitely something I like to read.

I was just looking at Vyne’s mechanic’s post on the Reddit when you responded. The link you posted is muuuuuuuuch appreciated! I’ll definitely be giving it a look at.

I had read that starting off as a Cleric was worth doing once it launches. Holding true to cliche’s though, I always start with the physical damage dealers (aka swordsman?)

What LOL doesn’t have a bad community they won BEST community in the mmo awards, because there community is sooooo amazing -.-

Nothing wrong with controlling a hoard of zombies.

Thanks for the website drops! The classes one in particular is especially useful, and added quickly to favorites!

I’ve already seen what normally causes the argument/troll attacks, so I’ll avoid making threads about “When the release is, or asking for updates from TOS staff”.

I’ve seen less Toxicness coming from a Muk.

Yea i know the reason i stopped playing that game is i couldn’t deal with how shitty the people were. i still cant believe they won best community, mind baffling.

1 Like

My sarcasmmeter just exploded…

Was it over 9000!?!?

Vegeta nods in approval… Maybe that community award was indeed the “Irony awards”

Welcome, when you have finished watching some video.
Although the forum is silent outside of some topics, i believe that character building is still quite active, if advice is needed i think it’s best to go there or take part in some discussions if you haven’t 100% settled a class decision to begin with.

Thanks for the advice Gwenyth. I’ll definitely give it a look!

You know, awards and titles can be easily bought today. Pretty much like bloggers being paid by governments and multinational companies to influence the masses. Awards mean nothing.

I feel sorry for those who still waste time complaining about that community instead press the eject button.

@Ansemist
I was a Squire. I don’t like nerrrrds (Wizards), although I’m always surrounded by them and venturing with them somehow. And we are cool. Stick with us, bring kittens, be cool too.

1 Like

@Ansemist
Welcome aboard, friend! :blush::grin:
I hope you enjoy your stay in the ToS community. It’s an alright place split between hardcore and casual players, and most are good peeps.

I remember the first day of icbt 1. :cry: I had trouble getting in at first lol, but once I was in, I decided to go down the archer route since I was looking forward to trying out Schwarzer Reiter. It’s a gun and crossbow mix class that rides on a mount, pretty mobile and such. My character’s name was Gun, but the family name was Law. Also, as far as first impressions, I enjoyed the game’s early game play. It was pretty fun and you really started to get a feel for the beautiful environment, the different classes and the branches of paths each rank, and the combat isn’t the best, but a small reward when they blow up in your face. The community of the forums is how I said before. We got our casuals and hardcore peeps that get along pretty well. Of course, there will always be trolls, downers, and what not, but the majority favors in a growing community that just want to play the game together, more or less anyway.

I accept the cliche, let’s be friends, mate. Hmu whenever. :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, Ansemist! Hope you enjoy your stay here. :slightly_smiling:

I was playing a Cleric at CBT1 because I thought Templar class would be available from there. Templar is needed in order to form a guild FYI. But I was wrong, Templar weren’t available and remained as mystery.

Before CBT2 begins, there was a ruckuss about Templar is actually a Swordsman. Then I went Swordsman at CBT2, trying to figure out how to get Templar considering several statements saying that Templar is a hidden class. I played full tank build Swordsman combined with Peltasta and Squire to support my guild friends. Bloody hell, I had a bad time playing full tank from early to late game. So, my suggestion for you is, do not play full tank Swordsman and try to avoid Peltasta c3. As for Templar, in the end, Templar still weren’t available.

A few weeks have passed, IMC finally announce that Templar is a Swordsman’s class that is available from the 7th rank. I won’t have to trouble myself to try out all classes anymore.

The best class imo (in order) :

1. Cleric. You can heal, ressurect, deal pretty good damage with certain classes, protect yourself and your allies from status ailments, protect yourself and your allies from death, protect yourself and your allies from basically everything.
  2. Wizard. You can deal tons of AoE damage with certain classes, have tons of crowd control skills, strengthen yourself and your allies in several aspects, summon badass monster army, utilize Alchemist’s skills to make money.
  3. Archer. You can deal tons of single target and AoE damage with certain classes, have some crowd control skills, utilize your pet to help you in your journey with certain classes, going “stealth mode” by playing a certain class, steal/destroy magic circles by playing certain classes.
  4. Swordsman. You can deal tons of single target and AoE damage with certain classes, utilize Squire’s skills to help your party, utilize Peltasta’s Swashbuckling to kite the entire map, have some crowd control skills, utilize Templar to form a guild, utilize Cataphract’s Trot to have insane movement speed.

That list is still temporary. Things might change later on.

2 Likes

A person doing a real introduction, very rare indeed.
I like you.
There’s not much room but we’ll kick a few for you to fit in.

Be welcome my brother/sister.

1 Like

Well the bugs are annoying and frustrating yet I kinda find it fun sometimes… like the bullet hell bug, its a boss attack where if you move it crashes the game. And somehow I find it both frustrating and rewarding XD
But I think it was the exploits that kinda dampen the enthusiasm of the community(tho some loved it) I did tried it on my alts to test my other builds but not on my main(yes, I am sentimental). But all in all the last cbt was satisfying.
It really depends on what you wanna focus on and how you play the game, I think all the classes has their own pro’s and con’s and its up to the player on how they can make they’re chosen path shine.