Tree of Savior Forum

Rental Box (Item lending)

@MementoMori Well if there won’t exist those boxes, I will rent my eq even w/o it. The box just makes me sure it will come back without disputes (If you rent someone something and he won’t give it back, it’s same as hacking). I am sure there will be a really good anti-bot system.

@Erokhi What are you trying to say?

@FatePGN Well I know it’s still not 100%, I’m gonna make it to be just like when you borrow it w/o scams, but not here to be multiboxers… I’ll keep thinking about it

I actually replied to Flamey’s post earlier, but forgot to add his name to my post.
What I’m trying to say is that possession system is bad.

Would you agree with that, every rent item would steal player 10% XP?
(And prob. give it to the one who rent it)

I hope my friend, I really hope. I have doubts, unfortunately.

There could be something like capcha (did i spell it correct?) code everytime you log-in.

We’ve already talked about this, no captcha is undefeatable by an AI. It is simply a question of time before someone develop a captcha solver for ToS. Furthermore, the botter can fill the captcha manually when he logs in, it has to appear randomly during the game time (which is really annoying for normal players).

Then a picture, there would be written a logic question. Bottin app is just a command prompt, it can’t show the player screen

It isn’t a limitation unfortunately… If the server sends a picture, it would have to provide a URI for retrieving the picture, for instance a link to a HTTP server. The bot app can download the image the exact same way the client does it, and analyze it in background for solving the captcha.

I think we should let it on GMs…

Not bad BUUUTT they already have the whole “Rent a player for combat when they’re offline” so your concept might be unnecessary :confused:

But that’s to rent player’s char as a mercenary, and this is to rent his item. That’s something another.
Btw. Thanks for agreeing :slight_smile:

I don’t know how good or bad the idea of OP is, but I don’t think botting is really related to this.

I mean if there are bots, why would they even need this rental mechanic for farming items and flooding a markets? Instead of farming items and allowing others rent them at stupid price as you said, they would just farm items then sell them at stupid prices. Ain’t just selling better for them because they use bot to mass farming items after all. The latter is already the worst, it can’t get worse. If there are bots then many will try to use them and the game will be broken down in just so many way, the idea of OP isn’t going to be a drop in all that.

1 Like

I agree with Raine, OP’s idea is completely unrelated to botting. The idea will not make botting any easier or more profitable.

I think it is a decent idea though for ensuring you get back any items you lend out to friends/guildmates. I don’t think there needs to be any kind of reward for the lender, the reward is simply helping out a friend - or not.

In other games there have been times where I have lent out rare items to some guildmates in a different timezone than myself and it took quite a while for me to end up getting my items back. It would be nice if ToS had an easy way to get your item back automatically after a predefined time period.

I’ve been in RO recently and saw the kafra point gear rental NPCs… It seems to me they boost new players too high and let you bypass the earily grind and devalue vended low level items and gear. I tried to actually use them but warpportal wouldn’t let me buy points without a one time 24h approval process.
I don’t think its a good idea, especially for a new game.

I think you haven’t read clearly, cause it isn’t related to Cash Shop in any way.

Im talking about gear rental system. instead of paying a person you pay kafra. No need to nit pick >.>

But this is thread about a box, in that you put something and can rent it in the box.

What’s in the rental box? Fluffy kittens?

Read the Thread untill you get it -.-
Look… There’s a NPC selling Rental boxes, that are EMPTY. If you buy them, you can put there any Equip and Rent it to other players.You will get the Equip you rent back after it expires.
There was NOTHING about Cash Shop. This isn’t related to Cash Shop rental Equip.
Got it?
Edit: In the box could be ANY Equip you put in. Not sure there will be an equip named Fluffy Kittens.

I don’t think its a good idea, its nothing to do with cash shop. Im not sure what there is to not understand, peple can have their own opinions without it being a matter of them not understanding. They can just not like your ideas =P