Tree of Savior Forum

Rental Box (Item lending)

Hello :slight_smile: I’ve got an idea, there could be a box, in that you put an item, and with it you could rent the item for certain time (1 day, 7d, 30d), and after expire the box will be deleted. There could be a payment version, that won’t dissappear after use and you can set any expiration time.
(Of course the player won’t be able to use lend item until it will expire)
What do you think about it? :blush:
EDIT: I mean players rent eq. To other players

1 Like

Eh? Absolute ignote? Rlly?

I don’t know what you mean exactly.

I remember playing RO and it had a rental feature in which you spend cash shop money to rent out gear that was pretty good. Not a fan of that, do you mean rental via cash shop currency?

Or do you mean gear that players can lend to other players for a certain time for currency?

If it’s the latter, it’s interesting, but I think more players will just end up trading permanently.

I meant players to other players, well you should know trading god items 4ever is foolish, and many ppl won’t have enough money to buy it, so they will lend it.

Interesting idea…I never heard of something like this before unless it was the good old “Can I borrow your gear and never give it back scam?” Can I ask where did you learn of this concept? Or you thought of it yourself?

I don’t know if it would be viable.
Imagine if the player lending an item get banned. What to do with the player who rent his item?
What about PvP ?
Where does the item go when it comes back to its owner ? What if the storage of the player is full ?
etc… Items tradability is something annoying to deal with for devs.

There is a really similar game mechanic in the Emil Chronicle Online called Spiritual Possession. The system is made purely to help eachother without any “financial” benefits.

TLDR; In ECO you transform into equip and someone can equip you.

From ECO wikipedia:
Spiritual Possession is a system which allows one character to place its essence inside of a piece equipment (weapons or armor) that it is wearing so that another character may benefit from wearing the same item without actually transferring ownership of the item, this allows higher level players to benefit newer ones by way of granting them more powerful gear than they would normally have immediately available. It also allows for two characters of similar level to loan one another equipment in a way that is mutually beneficial. The owner of the possessed item sees the game through the perspective of the one currently equipped with his piece of equipment, but is free to move the camera as he pleases, he will also receive a small portion of the experience gained through monsters killed by the one wearing his item.

@Flamey I remember that, just lead to lots of multi boxers.

I though it myself few days ago :slight_smile:

When an account get banned, it won’t be deleted, so the item will come back to owner after expiration date. What about PvP? Nothing. It’s the same as the player sold it forever, the one who bought it could go PvP with it too.

@Flamey It would be good idea, the owner will get a little bit of the exp.

Most of Emil Chronicle Online players I know were abusing the possession system by making multiple accounts, possesed a few characters into the main character, use the possesion characters use their skills automatically (bot).

I really don’t like the idea of renting items for PvP. Botters are going to farm and rent items at a stupid price, flood the market and nobody will have to farm these items ever.

@MementoMori Well if there won’t exist those boxes, I will rent my eq even w/o it. The box just makes me sure it will come back without disputes (If you rent someone something and he won’t give it back, it’s same as hacking). I am sure there will be a really good anti-bot system.

@Erokhi What are you trying to say?

@FatePGN Well I know it’s still not 100%, I’m gonna make it to be just like when you borrow it w/o scams, but not here to be multiboxers… I’ll keep thinking about it

I actually replied to Flamey’s post earlier, but forgot to add his name to my post.
What I’m trying to say is that possession system is bad.

Would you agree with that, every rent item would steal player 10% XP?
(And prob. give it to the one who rent it)

I hope my friend, I really hope. I have doubts, unfortunately.

There could be something like capcha (did i spell it correct?) code everytime you log-in.

We’ve already talked about this, no captcha is undefeatable by an AI. It is simply a question of time before someone develop a captcha solver for ToS. Furthermore, the botter can fill the captcha manually when he logs in, it has to appear randomly during the game time (which is really annoying for normal players).

Then a picture, there would be written a logic question. Bottin app is just a command prompt, it can’t show the player screen

It isn’t a limitation unfortunately… If the server sends a picture, it would have to provide a URI for retrieving the picture, for instance a link to a HTTP server. The bot app can download the image the exact same way the client does it, and analyze it in background for solving the captcha.