Tree of Savior Forum

Remove Diamond Anvils from the game

The vast majority of people playing this very game disagree with you. TBL is dead and Gemstone has 6-10 people per side.

And yeah, the pre-req to PVP shouldn’t be to play wizard or support. Not sure how you can even type “as long as you are a wizard” with a straight face when talking about pvp balance.

There is no stopping a kino3/sage2 with a +23 stage10 velco rod, full velco set w/shield, and 1100 block. Gemstone Feud is now “did you get this guy on your team? No? OK you lose”

EDIT: also you bet your ass they are using leticia’s HP potions on cooldown

6 Likes

majority players will cry when you steal some mob from their farm wiling and saying “report dumass” on their lenguage, thats pve these days and the final contents its pvp but everyone looks that goal to far to even try to get some nice gear solmik/primus +11 at leas and 1 wp +21 t10

but the faut is from the developers they made this game to reach the final content with P2W or playing at least 2000 hrs (thats the tima that you need to invest to farm a final gear without wasting money)

thats the proff, nobody cares about waste 300k on pots when you want to win on pvp content

Yup.

Also full con, putting block on CON stat is a mistake.

2 Likes

Its gotten to the point where I see him enter im just going to wait and hope I get put in a separate instance of Gemstone =/

Yep - remove block from con, remove pen from dex, deflate block/pen so max you can get from gear rolls is like 20. There is no reason a full CON wizard should be a one man army.

1 Like

It’s better to just remove passive block and dodge as a whole, but then add in more skills that do it, iframes and such, but ToS hasn’t been the best with handling skills like these so far.

As well as ofc adding an active block to every class line, excluding Archers and Wizards makes no sense, they have tank classes to.

While I like the idea of removing Diamond Anvil…

How about make actual competitive content independent of gears?
Just like Guild War/Dragon Nest PVP, you get centralized gears when you enter this PVP mode? And PVP is actually based on your skills and how your build your characters??

I really don’t see a point of going to PVP now when someone with 1100 block and 12k magic attack just 1 shot you.

1 Like

i need diamond anvils :tired:

staffvel

1 Like

2 Likes

Adding to this, whichever team is against him loses 80% of their members(they just leave). This is how i feel and a guildie feels whenever we see the individual in gem feud (pic below). He left gem feud right after he said that

screenshot_20180815_00005

if remove diamond anvil from game then need +16 do max enchant.

1 Like

I’d like a bernice without monsters stucked, or dungeon5, or raid10 with everyone having the same stats and gear.
Don’t forget we are talking about korean video games industries and even if there are like 3 exceptions when it comes to companies, they don’t bother to make non p2w gachas or sames tp prices or direct to buy cosmetic or pack…
You really expect them to follow the trend of western model with real money not giving any advantage in game be in stats, refine, etc … xD

[https://youtu.be/79tlPEvhRGg] no comment

Dragon Nest’s PVP is gear centralized and it’s under Nexon …

Also I’m not sure what u meant by “dunegon5” and “raid10”. Normal dunegons and raids are PVE content, not PVP.

I also have feelings about my teammates in Gem Feud or the increasingly rare TBL match. Like, for example, when I get a Fencer Retari with a rapier or even a Doppel Retari 2H sword user.

And it feels like this: :tired:

This is the state of NA PvP, though, so it’s nothing new. Build freedom leads to memes and then it’s all ogre.

ToS ‘PvP’, in general, is 3 things: Gear, Build, and Brain. Not having one of these categories is very punishing. And well missing 2 or more of these things can make you pretty irrelevant.

But why, though? You may not die instantly (debatable since they don’t seem to want to nerf transcendence in Gem Feud) to me but I can’t say the same for your full INT or STR teammates with under 50K HP and 5k MDEF that are barely able to farm gemstones much less kill people :wink: . All I’m seeing is that the guy who has a standard PvP build with significantly more invested gear with at least half a brain is… winning? :thinking: I’m definitely not saying the current pvp couldn’t use a hefty amount of balancing but, unfortunately, that’s also nothing new.

Anyways, it sucks that there’s no penalty for leavers or AFK’ing. But I mean if you’re going to lose anyways as you say, you can at least have an easier time getting MVP on your team with less competition lol. Double MVP and winning gives you a maximum of 4350 badges while double MVP while losing still gives something over 2k so it’s just not bad at all.

Let’s be sad about this guy instead of a +23 lol.

Id be sympathetic to your feelings if those players were causing you to lose. They aren’t. You single-handedly carry the match.

The operative word in my statement was the ‘1100 block’ part. There is no reason why you should be able to murder everyone and be untouchable vs every physical class that isn’t a lancer or muskek. If any physical class wants to even deal damage to you, they have to customize their build to fight only you.

This involves investing in DEX, so you will definitely 1 shot them unless they get the jump on you, and you have a full screen instant cast nuke. The only reason my reti survives 1 of your nukes is because he is pelt3, lol.

Meanwhile, you can stack CON and Block and be an unstoppable killing machine. The meta is play a full CON wizzy or support, or die.

My feelings on this will change come next patch when there will be clear counters to full block CON wizzies that dont involve running inquisitor.

Well your sympathy isn’t necessary since these players are on both sides.

I can agree since I have played physical DPS that block is a frustrating mechanic. All I can say is that we know new block pen accessories are coming.

But I also disagree with your statement about customizing a build to fight a specfic person. You are a DPS and it’s your job to do DPS. You should have ways of dealing with high evasion and block users. However, most people don’t have higher than 700 block unless they have a skill that increases their block (:wave: at swordies). So then of course most people, including you, don’t have the block pen to deal with 1000+ block (which is like the whole point of me getting that much in the first place).

I will also just go ahead and say that your build is 95% reliant one combo for damage - Pull Rete/Iron Hook into Trident Finish. Even if RNG is not on my side and I get hit by all 3 Tridents, I wouldn’t die unless: your Disarm hits and you get at least 1 or 2 crits, I’m low HP from another player, or if I get disenchanted by a PD3. Even without my block, you are not in a position to kill me by yourself.

I have 1074 block and over 700 of it is from gear. The rest is being level 360 (~100 block) and being full CON.

This is also doable with block pen as shown here. BLK_BREAK = block pen and you can see it in the bottom right of the screen

He still has over 100k HP as an archer. Keep in mind that before block pen accessories, he still had over 1k block pen. I’m sure he invested a lot into his items to get that much block pen but so did I with block. :tired:

I would say that my Sage is highly geared in both defense and offense. It shouldn’t be surprising that people with a fraction of the investment, never mind what their build is, aren’t able to do much and opt out of the situation. There’s no incentive otherwise. I just do it because I play this game a lot and I now play it for the sick ‘PvP’ and still hope for it to get better.

R10 is literally all swordies come out of hiding and reroll to Ret3 or Lancer3 and everyone dies. So yeah, that should be interesting and I look forward to more positive changes.

Oh right. I forgot traditional Korean MMO grinders make PvP things a priority. And balanced.

Once they remove Gear from

It might actually become interesting.

1 Like

The disparity is what matters here. It is getting back to the point where the upper echelon of characters are either taking 1 damage from attacks or getting 1 shot, obviously it isn’t that bad but it is damn near close to how it used to be.

If you have high levels of gear you should have an advantage over any other character in a 1v1 situation who doesn’t have that level of gear. Currently if you have high levels of gear you have an advantage over a team that doesn’t have that level of gear.

This is why gear normalization in PVP is so crucial - the problem with insane power creep will be resolved so then it will be up to stats and bonuses on gear to determine the advantage, and that advantage will be minimal.

IMC seems to realize block is out of control, so they are implementing new skills that ignore block and now accessories that flat out ignore block on back attacks. To be frank I disagree with this method as it is not tackling the core issue - block is out of control - it is putting a band-aid on it.

The correct fix would be to deflate the value of block and pen, and remove it from CON/DEX so that players have more freedom with their build choices. PVP content should focus on the micro of your character, not the macro.

Gunna edit to respond to this:

Your build is 99% reliant on Nerd Compression, and Micro/Ultimate Dimension for damage, only difference between you and me is that you don’t need to overcome block on every target you attempt to kill. Therefore, you can gear straight CON and Block and get away with it. Meanwhile the physical class has to gear CON/Block/DEX/Pen - minus block if you are a BM2 or something

And no, I have umbo thrust and butterfly as well as murm skills to deal damage, without your block I could kill you (we should test this for funsies)

2 Likes

3 high damage skills (2 Rank 8, 1 Rank 9) vs your single Rank 8 skill. I also have Shrink Body debuff from thaum to increase not only a single skill’s damage but all of me and my teammates’ magic damage on a target. So yeah I’d say that’s actually a huge difference and I have alot more options and potential dps… but sure we can test. If you can kill me without me blocking, then maybe there’s a reason for block to exist to some degree at least :thinking:

The issue with keeping Diamond Anvils in the game in any capacity is that they unbalance the entire enhancement system.

As we all know, after +5 the system is built on chance. Sure, it’s possible to push a piece of gear to +21 but you’re dependent on some pretty amazing luck. Frustrating as it is, that element of randomness helps put a check on power creep (Albeit a fairly inefficient one). Diamond Anvils remove that counterbalance and allow players to trivialize content that’s intended to foster group play (The core of any MMO).

Ideally, I’d like to see them do a complete overhaul of the system. Instead of the Anvil vs Potential mechanic we have now, make use of the piles of crafting materials monsters drop. Each level of enhancement would have a crafting requirement. The higher you went, the rarer materials you’d need.