Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding the Repeatable Quest Exploit (Fixed)

5 Likes

Pooh! where have you been all these time xD

haha, i’m sad about Archer in this game, i’m thinking about my class-choice all these times. Then when i make my decision i realize there is not much time left so i will wait for another CBT or OBT.
Then these time i found a team in Special Force 2 SEA :smile:.
I still stalk on this forum everyday, but lazy to post or comment.
Just like i said b4 iCBT 2 :smiley:

2 Likes

btw, i still remember the day Asiasoft VN banned 20000 hackers in Cabal VN server.
It’s like 60% of players base.
And 2 months later, the game has been closed.
So i always like a roll-back or smth else more than ban people.
And yeah, it’s IMC’s decision so we will see how they gonna do about this.
And i also suggest ToS can use VAC-system.

9 Likes

Its the one Valve use on Steam right? I’m 100% on that, but IMC need to do something about code injection like this one or VAC would be useless.

I saw someone said that they already done about it, isn’t it?

And ya, VAC is the one Valve use on Steam for their games like CS:GO, Dota 2, v.v, but now other games on Steam can use it if they want too.

They’re not banning anyone because bug was found. They’re banning because it was abused, by people who had nothing to do with discovering the bug. And that’s against the rules, is it so hard to understand that there are rules? Banning someone for breaking rules is only a natural thing to do, otherwise what’s the point in having those rules in a first place.

Bug was already found and reported, both privately and publicly, everyone else had NO LEGITIMATE REASON or excuse for using said exploit at that point. People who abused it for selfish reasons deserve to be banned, period. Testing skills and classes is not an excuse as well.

There are plenty of people who reached lvl 200 without abusing anything and they already tested all skills and reported which skills are bugged or not working correctly, so this part of job is already done in this beta. If someone didn’t get to try out some skills because they didn’t have enough time to reach certain rank it’s entirely their problem. Purpose of beta is not letting every single person to play around with classes, it’s just for finding and reporting bugs.

Hope they would get banned. Literally lost my appetite to play because of them.

3 Likes

I find it funny that 2 groups of people are mentioned and 1 of them is portrayed as innocent group although they abused exploit just the same. Even if they just wanted to reach rank 6 it doesn’t make it OK to abuse exploit, so in the end of the day it’s still an exploit abuse done for selfish reasons.

It’s like comparing a murderer who killed 1 person and mass murderer who killed 20. Sure enough second one is worse, but both broke the law and deserve punishment.

If this was any other time, I would agree with you. But this is near the end of a closed beta, where it’s all getting wiped anyway.

I think @PoohVz made a good point too.

The game is at a point where this kind of data is valuable to them, even what was found through exploiting. They can look into how to fix and prevent it all again next time around. We’re testers,I think finding bugs and errors, even in this way,was part of the job. Like most others, I’m thankful it was found before the Korean OBT started.All of that being said, again, I think so close to the end a wipe makes much more sense.

At least it was fun :smiley:

They need to fix those character that reach rank 80(!) class. They are the one responsible for crashing the whole channel when they try to log in.

Maybe a rollback would be better than a downright wipe.

1. wipe
  2. extend icbt2 for a week or two
  3. give us the same patch and rates like korean have now

YYYEEEEHHHAAA

I can see in CS:GO, Valve didn’t ban people for exploit reason.
Many famous youtuber public many exploit then Valve will know about it and fix it asap.
But FPS can’t compare with MMORPG, but at this point when CBT is coming to an end. The best way to deal with it now is try to fix it asap.
For me, i really happy because someone find this in CBT, i can’t imagine it happen in OBT.
In the future, IMC should have more moderator or GM on this forum to prevent such a post like the last one.
Exploit and post on forum to teach other how to use it is banable.

1 Like

Hope and dreams are wonderful words

There’s really no point unless they want to clog their database with suddenly like 50-60% more accounts. Takes like 5 minutes to make a new account…

Funny thing is they prevented future use of the exploit and using it today will result to banning but I still see centurions and multiclass characters roaming around lol

They fixed it already.
Post’s title is changed.

we can only hope

but oh well, i’ll just play kobt instead on 17th

the only border is the language

Just gonna intervene on that bold part. I had already hit Rank 6 on a legit chara, but I wasn’t able to go through all the other possible class choices to confirm what works and what doesn’t in preparation for writing a Guide and I know someone else who was using it for the same thing. Now you’re right that it’s still an exploit regardless of what it was used for, but not everyone abused it for ‘selfish reasons’.

1 Like