Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding my experience with Quest-ing in ToS

This is purely based on my experience in kCBT3.

So to get a quest item, or a monster kill count to your quest; you need to be the one (or someone in your party) dealing the final blow; yes the final hit; to the monster. With the amount of channels (which is like 1~3 most of the time) and the cluster of people snatching monsters, it can be pretty hectic to even get your quests done.

Furthermore, if it’s a collection quest where you need to interact with an object (that only has 4 spawn points and requires you to get 8 of it); it’s even more of a pain to complete them when the respawn of these objects take tremendously long.

Now, this can simply be solved if people partied up; BUT - even when people do party; I’ve personally experienced a map where a few party of 5 people are just on the map snatching up every single monsters and/or quest objects. Still a big clusterfuck and a mess.

My solution to this is very simple. One - as long as you get a hit on the monster, you can technically get the quest item or kill count from it as long as it dies. Two - increase the number of spawn point for these quest items; and/or increase the rate they appear.

Merely landing a hit on the quest mob is not enough, that would encourage people to just hit a mob once and then watch you die trying to kill it. I’d like to see the game track the contribution[1] by each party, and give the one with the highest damage dealt the quest item. This solves multiple problems:

• you can no longer just hit a mob once and move on, letting others finish it to get the kill/item
  • people will have to party up to get a greater chance of getting the quest item instead of just snatching mobs
  • only those who do contribute to killing the boss will get an item, those who don’t can get kicked out of the party

There is a disadvantage if you don’t get a party, but I think it’s outweighed by the bonus people get by increasing their party member count.

[1] Contribution should not only count damage dealt, but also support skills, like healing, linking etc. This way support classes won’t be alienated, as opposed to only counting dps contribution.

2 Likes