Tree of Savior Forum

Field Boss Loot Distribution

It’s a really bad system. It makes the support and tank feel less valued. When in reality, they’re needed, just as much as the dps. My tip: Don’t go hunting with strangers x)

1 Like

Anyway, from how I see it, the top 5 DPSers all get silver, but they’re not all guaranteed loot. I’ve had an experience where I in a party of 3 killed the Temple Shooter of Earth and I got all 3 items, giving the other 2 nothing. So loot is not always guaranteed, I guess the drop percentages DO mean something, even though you seem to always get loot sometimes…

I think got 3 loots possible because of how party distribution set at?
As for non party who jump into field boss alone I think it’ll be range by top 5 damage.

I feel like it need balance though if all of FB distribution base on damage alone.
Higher lv player with job that can burst huge damage will always 100% guarantee on loot.
Unless they add some bonus loot to random players who help attack boss too.

Another problem is FB die very fast. Sometime you can’t even hit it if many cap lv player camp around. (Well, It’s a normal problem for boss in many game lol)

Since there’s no proper aggro system for ‘Tanks’, the only feasible solution where everybody wins is making it so that the loots are shared between all of the participants once they reach a certain DPS-dealt threshold on the Boss (Ex - 5% worth of Bosses total HP has to be dropped by the player for them to receive something). Keep it low enough so that even a support class can reach the mark, but high enough so that some random doesn’t just hit it twice and then sit down and stare at his inventory until it dies.

Also pls, get pic.

Aqua doesn’t know any Touhou, definitely not someone obscure like Seiga…

And something like a threshold of the bosses’ HP fixes everything, yeah. IMCgames made the odd decision of limiting the maximum loot distribution to just suit a single party of 5. Sounds like a very innocent mindset if they think Field Bosses won’t be farmed and contested by over like 5 parties in the future…

Making more channels will mitigate that SLIGHTLY, but far from being enough. Don’t know what’s the situation in the KR servers right now, but I guess I can imagine it’s not healthy, given what Tsuru says.

EDIT: Actually you two pretty much said the same things, but your explanation clicked with me first.

Healers should be supporting, not trying to deal damage to get some stuff for your efforts. Especially in light of every item losing potential every time you trade it, this is a very, very bad system.

1 Like

I agree, you make a valid point about the potential system. I didn’t even think that far ahead and it sounds like a huge disadvantage now. Hopefully they’ll change it to a more even distribution next time around.

17/08/2015 ToS KR Patch Notes (thanks Raimu, wherever you are…)

The next patch will include these two updates:
-Boss spawns have been modified to no longer appear when the server undergoes a restart/maintenance.
-Boss spawns will now appear at a random, unspecified time (previously was a set amount of time)

They’re pushing the unfarmable Field Bosses, at least.

This. As inventive as the potential system is, it hurts organized groups when hunting bosses since items immediately lose potential if the wrong guy in the group gets the item.

This game doesn’t really promote constant healing or buffing though.
If you can, you should dps, even if it isn’t that much.

My “DPS” as a FS cleric/priest consists of Cure and smacking the enemy with my club - keeping the heal charges for the time I need to heal my party. Definitely not enough to get into the top 5. As a krivis, I have better chances with Zaibas, but it’s far easier for another DPS class to surpass me.

Also, the game does not require constant healing yet, because all we’ve seen is level 1-100 (or 1-200 if you watched KR streams), the game is supposed to go up to 600, I think? That’s a lot of content that could start requiring more dedicated healing later on.

1 Like

you know that it is a hack and slay game ? obv that a “healer” cant only rely on heals

Now read the post directly above yours.

1 Like

I have no idea why people are arguing against you, Soukyuu, it’s weird… I don’t wanna leave you to deal with people who are too stupid read up on the thread to comprehend the current system of loot distribution.

Defend your opinions and the thread, we’re right behind you.

FS class: I’m supporting the group but i can’t get loot. that’s not fair
DPS class: who ask u to support all the time? go to deal damage and try to get ur loot
FS class: but i’m support class, my job is supporting. and how can i deal the same damage as DPS class?
DPS class: it’s ur fault. u should be able to both support and deal damage as DPS class. u don’t know ur role.

Anyways i won’t be playing support class. Back to the old days when i was playing a support priest, my friends got all the loots and I asked him to share with me. Yes he did, but in his word: I hunted these loots. They are mine. I gave some to you cuz I’m generous and helping u poor.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call people who act like you describe “friends”. If they don’t value your support, they don’t deserve it.

1 Like

Maybe make it go by your entire parties damage and everyone in the party gets the same reward? This would promote more support play I think.

There were actually a few similar threads about it already, for example this one, or this one.

well then, i’m definitely not rolling a healer

I had no idea that the loot distribution was this broken, but hey they’re still in time to fix it :wink: the game is still in closed beta.

I think the right way is
If you do one damage, you have right to drop any item…
I see two boss yesterday, and the two with 50% of their life. I spent 10 minutes in fight to drop nothing ?
I think it’s very unfair, very very unfair.