Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding Corsair's Iron Hook & Hoplite's Long Stride

Corsair’s Iron Hook is supposed to hold enemies in place. When done from a distance, as a melee I would need to get close to them to deal damage while they’re hooked in place. However, I can’t move when Iron Hook is up, otherwise it would break the hook. This is when I use Long Stride to close the gap between me and the enemy, however, Long Stride causes the enemy to be knocked backwards, causing me unable to reach my enemy again.

Please fix this, as this is pretty much a no-brainer, hooked enemies are not supposed to be movable, even by knock backs. Please fix it so that they stay in place even though they get hit by Long Stride. Otherwise, this Corsair class would be pretty much trash, since I can’t even use Keel Hauling to bring them near, since Keel Hauling cancels the duration of Iron Hook (another bug maybe?). Also, Long Stride is not usable with a dagger. I remove the dagger and it’s usable again.

Summary:

1. IMPORTANT: Fix it so that Iron Hook-ed enemies to not be knocked back from their position. They can be knocked DOWN, but not knocked AWAY from melee range.
  2. Keel Hauling cancels the duration of Iron Hook (?, what’s the point of increasing the level of Iron Hook for its duration then)
  3. Long Stride not usable with 1H Spear + Dagger, usable with 1H Spear + no sub weapon.

Thank you very much for your concern on this.

1 Like

iirc Keel Hauling wasn’t supposed to cancel Iron Hook at all and can infinitely spammed during the duration of Iron Hook @_@

I wonder if this change is intended or not

After changing to Corsair and trying this out, Corsair is weak as heck atm. All these small and easy to fix QOL changes can really go a long way. Is there any way to tag some GMs or something to get their attention on this?

I’ve found a thread about iOBT Keel Hauling and it seems working to be intended, just that it’s not like before I think :open_mouth:

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_J @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie

Yes please get this fixed :< Wasn’t sure who to tag so I tagged a bunch of staff, sorry :C

Number 1. Yeah, a hooked enemy shouldn’t be knocked back q_q.
Number 3. Is definitely a bug because, long stride is usable with 1handed spear + shield and 1 handed + pistol/artefact, so why not a dagger O_o.

2 Likes

Also, when using keyboard mode, you can’t properly use Long Stride. It always cast it on top of the target and if you don’t have an target the character just jump in place.

Would be cool to have this looked, I really like the skill but I also prefer using keyboard. :relaxed:

Yeah, that too. Atm I’m forced to use mouse mode if I wanna use these 2 skills properly. But then again, due to the problems I listed above, it won’t even work, regardless. Lol.

bump hey i like 20 chars

Bump
@GM_Francis @GM_Sebastian

Thanks in advance for your notice and concern over this… it is indeed a serious matter because it breaks the core pvp functionality of corsair and the skills involved.

Can we get an acknowledgement or something?

bumpitybumpitybumpitybump

But long stride doesn’t cancel the Hook ?
Enemy still get hook even they being knock down ?

Yes skills don’t cancel the hook, only moving does.

BUMP

maybe you can make petition or if many players request there’s will be attribute Remove knock down

Doubt it though… There’s not much response from this thread itself, mainly becos everyone went the Hop3->Doppel->Drg route, not many PvP corsairs out there atm… They’ll cry once they realise it though

Knock back is a bad thing in long stride… u jump to close the gap but in the end there is still a gap… too bad

Really? I see way more Hoplite2>Corsair2’s

No idea, I don’t see many. And judging from the amount of responses in this thread, as compared to the ‘buff swordies’ threads, yeah. Lol

every corsair has hoplite in their build.

Don’t get the point of your responses anyway, not related to topic at all. Anyhow, I’ve seen quite a few non-Hop Corsairs, so, no I’m sorry not every corsair has hoplite in their build. I’ll refrain from replying if your posts don’t relate to the topic anymore. Thanks.