Tree of Savior Forum

Rebuild Feedback Compilation

That’s likely the case as circles were the only thing that allowed transform to be and even then it only served those few that stopped midway, the current iToS skill set has more value in other skills. However since that subject was brought up i’ll add my share of thoughts, as a non Druid player that doesn’t know why take full Lycan instead of demi, on it.

I personally think the whole transformation system (including Sorcerer’s Riding) should remapped to ZXCV (being toggle or disabled by recast/spacebar with ongoing cooldown) and provide, even if roughly, a basic tooltip with: damage factor; hit count; damage type and cooldown. It isn’t as practical to do but can be automated with some clever coding (tos.neet managed to get that data, there’s no real excuse). If they really wanted monster transformation to be a deal the most interesting option is to realign stats ratio based on the monster race and perhaps even overwrite substats ratio as if the character was from another class tree (as +110% Attack Speed and +150% Evasion of Scout), this may not be enough but can be finished off with some extra raw bonuses.

Aside that they could make demi lycan not overwrite the costume and release the thorned costume as a (new Druid) quest reward, it’s not that hard to change the character head only and add a tail to whatever costume you’re wearing at the moment (or they can go full greed by adding a secondary costume slot for the transformation itself). That’s all i had to say.

There was already flaws with the original transform idea because in order for it to be worth using monster skills, the monsters had to have good skills, but if monsters had good skills they’d ■■■■ on most players in hordes.

The correct answer would have been to make cards work like they do for Sorcerer with Transform.

Allowing the Druid to Transform into any Plant, Beast or Insect boss. Then apply a more equal boost to each, a DPS boost for Beast, Durability boost for Insect (Durability as in tankiness) and a more supportive boost for plants.

Instead what they did was give a flat crit rate boost to beasts, % defense boosts to insects and terrible regen buffs to plants. then Large got HP and the rest of them don’t matter.

In Rebuild they should have gone with the boss card idea, which would scrap the size boosts, then they should have given 20% crit to Beasts, -5 to SP and HP regen time for plants, and then 50% hp boost to insects. (HP is easier to balance than defenses since they aren’t constantly boosting hp values but they’ve inflated armor values to compensate for the stupid overloaded damage this and every other game has.

Such an easy and obvious change that should have been done ages ago. Instead we get constant nerfs and lose the identity that Druid has in order to become a worse version of like Kabbalist. With ofc far less hp.

Sry to go a little bit off-topic here. Is there a collection of all the classes changes planned so far for Re: Build? I browsed the forum with no success :frowning:

you search on news section they had offisial info and the ktos general thread has translation and info too…

thank you :slight_smile:
I already reached the news section and tried to browse over the Ktos thread. My question was intended at the specific class/skill changes (like Owls for Diev, new and removed skills for the classes).
Since the information are quite dispersive over there I hoped that anybody collected them, but it seems I will have to dig a lot ^^

[Re:Build] Class Changes but it is not up to date

1 Like

Because at one point, IMC was rolling out ktest patches every few days so it was kind of hard to consolidate them all. Your best bet for more updated info is to check out skill info and attributes over at tos.guru/ktest then come back here in forums if you have any questions.

1 Like

I love the idea of Tree of Savior. Good job with guild-based ideas and systems in this game! HOWEVER!

In short:

• Game feels more like playing a weak Diablo/Ragnarok baby with gambling systems.
    The Game should feel like a fun Anime MMORPG.
    -Remove Pay2Win completely. (Player-sold Tokens removed. Golden Anvils, Awakening Stones, etc removed from TPshop)
    -Improve game performance/network performance.
    -Remove Potential from gear.
    -It should take a long time to become a top geared player, but it should still feel reasonable (with no real-money advantages/shortcuts).
    -Revisit the essence and aspects of what makes Dungeon Crawlers FUN. and MMOs: FUN and RPGs: FUN
    -I will pay more, monthly.

The long version:
MMO players are opening their eyes. We do not want shitty time-wasting systems, that extend gameplay in a very artificial feeling, and boring manner.

The very seed of Tree of Savior must not be corrupted by greed:
The essence of you development must be HIGH QUALITY MMORPG DUNGEON CRAWLER.
We want you all to make money, but we are not blind to boring systems.

There are many systems in the game that extend the time needed to progress, in a very boring way:
North American gaming adults will pay more per month to play a game with less time restriction and MUCH LESS GAMBLING WITH RNG.

If you insist on keeping weapon upgrading and transcendence and all of the work involved in refining your gear, then remove potential:
POTENTIAL is one of the most obvious money grabbing schemes I have seen in an MMORPG. If it wasn’t a money grab it would be easier and you wouldn’t sell Golden Anvil’s, and awakening stone etc, in the shop or in “cubes”.

WE WILL PAY MORE MONTHLY FOR A FUN EXPERIENCE.

Fix the netcode:
AKA Character skills that have mobility and Hunter pet AI MUST WORK. ITS A MUST! The rubber banding on most dash-type skills is embarrassing!

Remove all Pay to Win:
Remove the sale of Tokens, by players, for silver. Hunt down RMT users. Remove bullshit RNG items from TP shop and make them monster/boss drops.

You cannot expect the average person to play a Top Down Dungeon Crawler all day, when it feels more like gambling than fun:
Frankly there are better ways to gamble than playing an old style of game that is not even as polished as older titles in the same genre.

Your game gets attention based on the potential of the idea. You will have to execute a better game to see more players (money).

I LOVE THIS GAME.

2 Likes

You will be the only one paying for ToS tbh

1 Like

That is so over dramatic. Furthermore barely ANYONE is playing in [NA] anyways, I’m almost surprised they keep the server running. Must be making just enough.

tbh i just think it wouldn’t work, i honestly can’t imagine anyone willing to pay monthly for ToS (unless the game suddendly becomes way more optimized)

also i think most people would rather spend money on costumes and other cosmetics directly (though, for now you have to spend so much money to get anything, i understand that it might be necessary given ToS’ state but still…)

anyway, some people spend way too much money on Goddess Cubes, and the servers aren’t that good (i mean come on, what’s with all the lag when barely anything happens in-game ? I doubt that it’s just because the game needs to be optimized more) so i doubt they cost a ton

I agree that Potential is crap though (maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if so many things didn’t reduce it ?)

Personnaly, i don’t mind Pay to Win as long as Diamond Anvils don’t come back (now that enhancing gives less bonus damage, i think shouldn’t be too bad, though having weapons with +30 or more still kinda ruins everything, but i believe with Diamond Anvils not being obtainable anymore, it can only get better because less of these should be made, in theory that is)

i think i’ll stop here for now, i’m not a fan of walls of texts, i’m sure most of it will be skipped anyway

Thanks for the reply! I agree in some ways, but personally I’m an avid hater of Pay to Win.

To be clear I did mean that American MMO players would pay more FOR A TOKEN, but I believe the Free To Play aspect of the game is important.

What if Token Benefits included Unlimited Gear Potential?? That might do well in iTOS.

-EDIT-

RNG is one of the biggest complaints that I am seeing on the forum today. Many people would rather a long grind that they can predict the time of rather than layers of gambling. If a game is fun, grinding is fun.

,BUT

RNG can be used properly to make things cool in an MMO. RNG should be for rare loot that is only barely better than the best easily attainable loot. The difference in a rare item should be cosmetic superiority, or a stats that are definitively better, but not so crazy that everyone will require/desire such a rare item for proper gameplay.

Basically ToS needs to take a good look at the way the implement RNG and the way they design Gear Progression/Intended Gear Use.

1 Like

I personnaly think that would too OP, it might be just like Diamond Anvils (infinite potential > you can use as many anvils as you want as long as you have enough money > more overpowered equipments (+30 and above))

I kinda agree with this
RNG, by itself, can be alright, however ToS has way too much RNG in general, and RNG also affects some things in a very bad way

For example, i think that having RNG ruin a weapon you had to farm materials for more than a week (shoutouts to Aspana Pistol) is not ok
Not only does it ruins the equipments, it also negates any satisfcation from farming and crafting equipments, all the time you’ve spent means nothing, because the equipment is so bad, it’s barely worth using

Though, this might not be such a huge issue anymore with Re:Build because enhancing gives less bonus in general, transcendance has RNG, however you can just use more blessed gems to get 100% success rate, wich is good

I think that transcendance, atm, is good enough and having it give more bonus to equipments is definitly a step in the right direction

EDIT : As long as there’s no way to make overpowered equips, like +30 or above, everything might be alright now with Re:Build

@IMCBob
-Reduce plague doctor beak mask uptime or make it a % chance to resist debuffs up to level 3 (pain barrier was reduced because it was overpowered so why is plague doctor almost 100% status immune 100% of the time? this practically makes them unkillable in pvp)

-Fix Lancers Crush skill to have a higher debuff tier (with only 1 chance to use the skill now because of removed overheats if this skill is resisted you lose all damage potential in pvp)

-Damage scaling in team battle league and gem feud needs to be adjust as per most geared players can barely do more than 1000 damage with a combo yet we have over 65k hp on average?(this basically makes this game tree of clerics because we dont actually do enough damage to kill each other if healing is involved)

-Damage scaling as a whole seems very lackluster and it seems in rebuild theres almost 0 reward in gear progression. most players at this point realised they dont even need to do raid content in order to do pretty much any content in the game(this is going to cause massive amounts of people to quit as the game feels like theres no progression at all)

• Murmillo helmet and beak mask both cannot be removed which causes a massive power imbalance in the game (PLEASE ADDRESS THIS)
1 Like

instead of givin them stupid ideas about nerfing skills and make it useless you have to point it out to balance skills/attributes in pvp like…
skill duration is halved in pvp
that attribute doesnt apply in pvp
etc

1 Like

Personally I’d ask for a restructuring for Combo skills and certain skills that want you to combo. I like the idea but it feels half complete, there should be a benefit to using skills of that nature, it shouldn’t be naturally limiting to discourage their usages.

Doppelsoldner -

• Make Zucken and Redel deal bonus damage against bleeding targets AND shock damage

• Give Zornhau an attribute - Reduced CD if target is hit with this skill while target is bleeding

Honestly, I see more value in Doppel being used for its non 2H skills simply because its non specific skills are quite valuable. So raising the usefulness of the 2H skills could allow for better 2H burst rotations. This should also let it mesh better with other classes that have unspecific weapon bleeds as well so Doppel’s 2H side can also mesh into others better.

Nak Muay-

• Muay Thai - Now reduces own CD by 3 seconds per use of Nak Muay Attack Skill

I like the idea they wanted to go, a full burst followed by a reprieve time. Unfortunately, 15 second downtime is still pretty bad and overall hurts the class more than it helps. So, lets raise the potential this class could put out. If you can land your rotation while staying in one spot, you should be able to just chew through your SP while just pouring out damage. If you can’t stand still, or can’t get out enough specials, it has a backlash. If you don’t want to chance it, don’t use it.

UI keeps been broken and it freezes every time I enter dungeons :@

I cant tell how much the % is cause it stays stuck on 0% all is stuck as it was after game loaded :frowning:
even the

What honestly changed in Re: Build, im being serious, not shi* posting.

Resource management now is beyond tedious.
For every class buff there are 3 class nerfs.
Saalus is now far more tedious to run, moreso on multiple characters, for the same rewards.
Where are all the new “diverse builds and play styles”, I dont see the # of meta builds changing.

It feels like they just copied The Elder Scroll’s Online method of “balancing”, which is to absolutely gut every class to make them suck equally. From what I have seen in all the player feedback and forum/reddit activity is people wanting improvements to “RNG”, specifically the Ichor and Anvil system.

I just dont see whats actually different now post Re: Build, tbh the game as a whole now feels more tedious to me, I dont see whats improved.

1 Like

the issue being its up for them to choose how they change it you dont need 100% uptime debuff immune to live through pve either the cleric tree got seriously overtuned for rebuild whereas everything else falls short once again and i did state in which circumstances this becomes imbalanced

1 Like

Try to guess all that is wrong with that image :expressionless: