Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

dota 2 is still counted in beta like for 3 years (until the end of TI3) i think its fine, game is improving, im happy, just hoping they will improve game optimalization in future

2 Likes

You’re probably the only person who thinks that ToS’ class system is similar to Ragnarok’s…

1 Like

Weird.
This entire update to me makes it seem like it’s going closer to RO with the class system LOL

4 Likes

Yeah, it make it the same as RO, don’t know what she is talking about.

With 45 classlevels per class, it even reminds me of how in RO you could change to 2nd class if you were joblevel 40-50 xD

1 Like
  • Players will be able to use the in-game [Class Change] system to readily switch between classes.

Does that mean you can switch classes at any given point, if you want, or is that weird IMC speak for something different?

I see it as it been something like Advancement rollback where you can go back to previous class and chose another, but maybe this time without a limit on how many times you can do it…

There is another [Class Change] that will be similar to a rank reset but it will remove all classes including main one so you can change to other tree including new one and of course this change will be limited edition as in prob for a month or less after the patch happens and then removed from game…

at least that’s my interpretation of it…

Maybe IMC is finally taking some cue from Final Fantasy XIV’s multi-class system and made their own variation of it to offer a little more freedom with builds.

Perhaps someone from IMC was playing RO Mobile, saw that part shown below and realized “hey, that could work on TOS”. :grin:

2 Likes

removing manual stat point allocation

Pls no. This is not WOW here…
Thats the Most i hate in WoW, right after no real skilltree…
Here, and RO the fun is, to play Fun Builds. Full AGI Battle Priest, Full Vit Tank Wizard, that was fun TIme in RO.
Here i could go Full int, no other Stat, just to Burst the hell out of anything, but dying in onehit.
Most Funbuilds are not Usefull or effective, but they are FUN…
Just scrap that Idea.
The other stuff im not sure, sounds not so bad, no idea, waiting for mor infos.

2 Likes

All it says to me is that they are very aware of the demand for changing your build and they will make that an inherent mechanic of the class system rather than creating an unintended solution afterwards that they have to deal out carefully.

I’d personally like it if there was some work involved whenever you swap a class for another. Not necessarily having to regrind the whole 45 levels, but at least something that will make you feel like you deserve having the class rather than “I made a meme and then switched to fullsupport at max level olol”

1 Like

@lastea

It was already mentioned in the blog post.

Class tree change will only be limited to the time the change comes out. Class tree change being “changing from cleric to swordsmen”.

What they mean by [Class Change] is basically rank reset/rank rollback.

I want to know how it will work with hidden / quest class?
The “unlock” still just per character, or will change per team acc? Every new character continue to need unlock the classes?
If it continues per character, I think the system will continue to limitate the player, because the currently system of hidden class have only one circle. And the new system (if I understood) will “limitate” us to set 3-4 class per character.
How do you work around that situation? If the purpose is balance the classes without ranks and circles.
Thx 4 attention!

Isn’t new for me too, its just that I love so much this type of class system. I used to play the ■■■■ of old FF games like FFIII and FF5 and the freedom that their class system gave was amazing.

People: Can you improve the other classes?

IMC: limits everyone to 4 classes

1 Like

Noooo T.T

Don’t do that with May and Wor Pat! Submasters are cool

We have plenty of low level maps, specially if you gonna consider that you gonna take something around today’s full lv15 Rank 3 class to reach your next class change. You can place Masters around these areas.

The only “submaster” that you could remove is Sadhu’s one, cause the “submaster” is actually her spirit that she sent to Orsha.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this as its a change and the game was starting to become stale.

But then again this isn’t a final fix for those early ranks, many of those ranks do not work because they are just wonky. Take hunter and scout for instance, those 2 will still be left out even in the new system as their problems are rooted in their class mechanics.

One thing though , how will SP cost be accounted for? Some rank 7 , 8 classes are very SP hungry ( canonner , Sorcerer , Falconner ) and need points into SPR to keep going. How will that work now that we can get those classes as early as lv 81 and won’t be able to allocate points manually?

So essentially what you’re saying is that players seem to go on a “optimal”-build-for-whatever-content-they-care-the-most basis, and that is wrong(?) because only 23 combinations are “viable”, and your solution is to erase all other combinations that were possible, and certainly utilized by those of us who did not care about “optimal” builds, while at the same time reinforcing that change by removing the possibility of going full CON, SPR, INT, DEX or STR on any class just because you made it “useless”(it’s really not)?

I welcome change and I’m excited when announcements are made in an attempt to make the game more enjoyable, but the question is, for whom is this being made? Some people have invested many hundreds of hours in multiple characters specific for a task, and now you’re saying that they only also only need one character because you’ll be able to switch jobs at once, making “diversity” even less of a thing when literally everybody can be everyone at the same time? No commitment means no uniqueness as well. You’re removing the drawback of having to eventually reset your rank because you didn’t like your build by also removing any possibility of uniqueness that presents to us players.

If this new system presents 560 combinations on a given Tree, then I have to imagine the present system presents hundreds, if not thousands of combinations more than that. Are they all optimal? Who gives a ■■■■, honestly, if not the person who decided to do it? Do we truly need the game to tell us, or rather, force us to be “optimal” by not allowing us to be different if we want to?

I predict a heavy shot to the foot with this change. Most players who remain in the game do so solely on the basis of having to create another character and test other possible builds. If you remove that and you give players the freedom to be everything all at once, well I’ll let you in on a secret: (repetitive) end game (raiding) gets ■■■■■■■ boring. If you don’t address that, they’ll all quit.

I understand the issue that they’re trying to fix here. It sucks not being able to compete with high rank classes when the one you enjoy the most is rank 3-6. But their solution seems to go way beyond that. Pretty sure the hidden agenda is to attract players not really interested in the freedom the current system gives, sub optimal as it may be. ToS will never be mainstream, and as long as it’s not dead, we should be fine with that.

5 Likes

They shouldn’t have messed with stat allocation, INSTEAD, they should have given back the old Class stat bonuses

Regarding this, i feel IMC has been proactive on it. From explainations of the stats if you hoover your cursor over the said stat in the stat window to their incentives of having players write newbie guides on the forums and providing rewards (there’s the tutorial tho it’s brief), the only noobs that i feel that will be trapped would be people who refuse to read up and/or just want to be spoonfed entirely which would just simply shout in the world chat otherwise for tips and guidance anyway.

tl;dr
there’s many avenues for newbies to get information on builds.

1 Like

This is probably the least important request so far but when the system hits can we please have character name change for free (or 5TP).

3 Likes