Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

surprisingly, for bossing (which these skills excels at), HiSprinkle LoDownfall is more optimal than LoSprinkle HiDownfall
for example
2arrow sprinkle 8 downfall

VS
8arrow sprinkle 2 downfall
give better total SFR
so dont underestimate this skill

1 Like

Downfall sucks imo lol

Good to know.

Btw I didnā€™t know Downfall CD increased with levelā€¦

nope, the CD is the same, but the duration is longer at higher level, and you wont cast downfall again before the previous OHā€™s duration still not finished yet, right?
so for your case, lv 10 downfall 8 sec/OH
OH1(8)+OH2(8)+CD(20)=36
1 Downfall skill need 36 sec to be usable again without sacrificing any dmg

1 Like

But the skill goes on CD immediately, not at the end of the duration right?

oh, you are correct! so the calculation is 1OH+20cd
i edited my previous postā€™s table

a little tips about downfall: odd level give 3 more hit, while even level give 2 more hit, always aim for lv3,5,7,9,11

1 Like

I need to have an Appraiser, and since I only have one archer, Iā€™m thinking about changing this one to Appraiser.

Would it be good for overall PVE a Mergen>Falconer>Appraiser ?

yes, it is a solid build too

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate.

dont use outer wall 15 mobs as benchmarking for your skill distribution, that is the easiest CM standard. You will feel weak when doing another mapā€™s CM

I finally got to try this patch late, and after my initial play through and through the weekend my thoughts are:

1. Zenith is once again awesome. Like pre rebuild.
  2. Spreadshot is amazing, itā€™s basically the new triple arrow.
  3. Homing remains really great, but sometimes feel itā€™s a bit clunky.
  4. Low level Downfall and arrow sprinkle feel really weak.
  5. Triple arrow with just 5 points still does pretty good.
  6. Sp consumption isnā€™t that bad with circling and PES on. Camp food buffs help a lot. I can usually do cm6 without an sp pot. Cm7 I start to use a few pots depending on the boss.

Some further testing needed:

1. Iā€™m debating dropping falconer for fletcher and dropping either Downfall or sprinkle for the other (to have less skills). Fletcher skills look really strong.
  2. The loss in aar and aiming from falconer should be easily made up in just raw amounts of dmg from fletcher.
  3. I wanna try out the barrage arts in ranger, it is still a pretty decent skill in my play through.

How are you guys doing in the new patch?

2 Likes

Are you going to share your build then? :wink:

First Test Build

Btw I have hanging shot because I have the ART for it.

1 Like

Oh, thank you for the prompt response!

is hanging shot art very very useful?
i can only think of using it when doing skiaclipse solo to escape from prison+curse combo
but i already got my 50th skia fragment so i wont do skia again for a long time

It has its niche uses. Otherwise Iā€™d get another point in sonic strike. Felt it might be more useful. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

mergen:
-zenith & spread is a BEAST at bossing&AOE
-homing is good for both too, but charging time make it seems not as smooth as above skills
-Sprinkle& rain arrow are only good at bossing
-triple is only good for AOE

falconer:
-manual pheasant and sonic strike is great fake multihit, especially when almost reaching skia HP threshold
-i dont take PES, without (it and camp buff), my SP cost is already huge enough before reaching CM stage 5

Blockquote

i think this build would only work if you have an above decent gear already, not that any mergen build is good with low gear tho

I agree, it might be because of gear, but I donā€™t think I have that great of gear compared to whatā€™s available atm. Iā€™m wearing full velcoffer atm still, +11/16 and all T10.

Iā€™m going to try it this weekend to see. Since this dumb Halloween event started, Iā€™ve been spamming cm7 for candies. Itā€™ll give me a good idea of how I like it and itā€™s potential. And Iā€™ll report back.

Another question, how are you guys doing in Bernice Dungeon with ranger/falc/merg?

how many is your AAR atm without circling?