Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

1. go to setting- turn off other player dmg
  2. just pick any skill that give you most fun, for me i max downfall to bring balance between my AOE:bossing offensive skills, and i avoid pes+ss altogether, even i didnt pick roost because it stressed me out, i need those skill’s CD for a breather
1 Like

Yeah, so many things to pay attention, then you lose spiral arrow stacks, get hited by something and start panicking, at least I start hahaha

Yeah I learned to not compare my class output to others after my friend killed bosses faster than me with a 20 lvl gap and less gear hahahah

I personally just went for 5 Downfall for the attri, 1 Spreadshot, max Arrow Sprinkle and all remaining in Zenith.

Erm, are you sure about the math? I have my own damage table and iirc while SS is indeed low SFR, PES actually will net you the most dps over time (shots fired)

If you want to swap Ranger, then you must swap Mergen altogether I suppose. Ranger Mergen is a great combo for a 2h bow build due to Steady Aim (and folklore). Then Falconer simply finishes the kit

ey bro got any idea how mergen doing in ktos with all this dual ichor going on… Bow will fall down to stats compared to xbow shield now. and it sucks that most archer dps class rely on 2H weapons - musket cannon bow to use their skill set… unlike wiz that can easily switch to rod.

Phesant lv15 = 701% SFR per 30 second CD

Sonic Strike lv10 + PES = 208% x 6 / .25 = 312% per 5 seconds

How many auto attack your falcon will give every Pheasant CD? Let us see:

312% x (30/5) = 1872% dmg

1872% dmg for max SS + PES computed on max skill level, no attrib

Versus

701% dmg for max Pheasant computed on max skill level, no attrib

Who wins?

And did I mention this much dps does itself on its own? :joy:

Many other people dont like PES and belittle it coz, sure, the damage is not bursty and flashy. But dunno if they even did the math before claiming it’s rubbish

I have +26 aoe attack ratio on my ranger falco mergen when farming. I just max both Pheasant and Sonic Strike, as mobs in outer 15 are small I still hit them nonetheless…

:joy:

No idea tbh, but I am aware of the dual ichors… If you want to stick with 2h weap, farm a good random stat bow now to ichor it. Thats pretty much what we can all do…

Unless you want to swap builds where you can go for shield + crossbow. It is a matter of 1 gear with max stats possible a d if you think it is game breaking for you and the content you play, you can swap builds now while the sprout event is on…

well just looking how it is doing :joy: doesnt really matter as long as it kills stuff… i like playing mergen/canno/musket will stick to it no matter what. haha thanks.

No hahahah! I just made a realy lame sheet, i did not take it to serious i actually forgot to consider PES will hit 6 times

I agree it is more dps since not having it wont give you more out put on other skills (14 sec more on aiming just means i need to pay more atention to timing my cds)

What i calculated was acctualy is the amount o SFR damage the skills give per second assuming you cast it every time if concludes the CD.

So in 30 sec Pheasant without Rapid Attack attribute (cause o do not know how mch damage it reduces) deals 1.121% SFR witch means 37,38% per second
While PES will hit 499,2% every 5 seconds witch means it will hit about 99,84 per second (with the new values from de 6 hits hahah)

so i yeah i was wrong, but i never thought that having it is less damage thant not having it

wasn’t Fletcher Falco Mergen like the top DPS build for archer or something?
And always thought that Mergen should be with Falco since Aiming and Circling makes makes the main damage skills even more OP (specially arrow sprinkle)

Fletcher provides more dps in a bossing scenario, hands down. Fletcher simply adds more single target skills + bodkin point that is why

So it’s simply more skills and one DOT… too much work hahahah

Not that i don’t like to have things to do… but i’m starting to realyze the maybe i just need o git good, and settle with that game play, cause layin damage on the ground with wug or sapper is just not my thing hahahah

I can’t bring out all the damage potential from Ranger, specially in CM, Barrage always spread the mobs all over the place, and taking 5+ min to kill a boss on the 390 HG has been a letting down as well

If you guys have any tips for playing better i would appreciate o/

Dont get me wrong, Bodkin -25% armor is actually OP… But yeh it is mainly for bossing

Erm, simply turn off the knockback attribute of Barrage?

Well what can I say for tips… Always have 5 stacks of Crit shot for dmg boost, use Triple arrow under Circling + Aiming, use Homing under Circling, stack Aoe attack ratio… Start off with Pheasant and Tomahawk on the first few mob waves (if you have good attack they die in 1 hit), use Roost, repeat for faster runs… High Anchoring has a high SFR as well, again with good damage mobs in CM can be 1 hit from it until stage 4-ish

have a question, sometimes when i use pheasant i can use a target circle throwing it further, most of the times when i use the skill it just immediately throws the doll at my front (actually i thought its always this way so i did not pay attention that much using falco ever since i came back and didnt bother with this lol)

settings does not help, tried if its interacting with aiming , not for me. how can i use pheasant with the targeting circle ?

Hold the casting button down and use the arrow keys to move the casting circle if you use keyboard, or use the mouse to select the area you want to hit while using mouse controls.

doesnt work for me. even when i hold it , it immediately throws the doll

I’ve never had that problem… almost all of the falconer skills let you aim like this, and it’s actually really important for letting you attack from a distance in pvp and bosses. It would be really hard to play properly if it didn’t work.

yeah, i can aim tomahawk and sonic strike properly. tried switching hotkeys too so its not in my keyboard.

i cant seem to find what causes it to immediately cast the skill. always thought thats how it works

Maybe it is related to skill targetting bug recently? Think I came across a thread about it before…

Anyway yeah normally you can cast the aoe of falconer skills

Hi guys, I would like to ask for your help with a build. I’m gonna mainly use this char for Uphill and CM.

The reason there’s 10 points left on Mergen, I can’t decide between Arrow Sprinkle or Homing Arrow.

Can you guys help me ? And the rest of the build, is it maximized for Uphill and CM ?

You can skip on Bounc Shot altogether, or take lv1 if you are after its slow effect. It really feels weak and lack luster imo

Homing is great, with high AoE attack + Circling so you may want it. Atleast 1 Arrow Sprinkle, 1 Spread shot as fillers. Yes we are a bit lacking in points, so… Perhaps sacrifice some points in Downfall

You can leave Sonic Strike at 5, atleast 1 Tomahawk, and more in Pheasant (esp in Uphill) as you are trying to protect the altar so you may aim for a bursty build

1 Like