Tree of Savior Forum

[RANT] who tf told swordies to be dps?

Hey you, yeah you the guy, who says you should put a rank in Peltasta.
There’s more ranks after R8 and those guys are gonna take SW3 later.

I sure am not gonna pick friggin Mirmillo or Luchador. So yeah, next rank is gonna be SW3, why couldn’t I take SW3 sooner? Because I had better opportunities like Dopple.

Because yeah, Spin2Win & Additional ATK/Speed > Stun on hit. Any day.
Saying people shouldn’t take a C2 of a class just because it’s not as good as its C3 is just as ass backward as telling a Wizard never to pick Cryo because there’s no synergy between Wizard C1 & Cryo C1, it’s called future investment.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hi there, this is Rugal.

1. All 3 Circle 2 classes are viable. As i sad before Peltasta 1 not a must have on Rank 2.
  2. The main problem is that you have to “fight” with player not the build, no matter what they will have on Rank 2 if it’s an “aggro” player it will do his best to ruin your game experience.
  3. Swordsman is a not the best DPS class, i would rate Archer on the top and Wizard as the second by DPS values, but Wizard has CC on the other hand. So all i trying to say that all classes can deal damage, but in a different way. If you play Swordsmen that doesn’t mean that you must be tank. For example one of my builds that got best “tank” stats in the game related to Wizard. Battle Mage.
    More then that Wizard can aggro all mobs on the screen by using Ice Blast or Flare spells.
  4. Why do you think that your opinion must be over opinion of masses.
  5. I don’t ask people to follow or like my builds. And most of the time i make builds for myself. And just share them i don’t know why are they growing in the list and there is no goal for me to be on the first or in the top of the page. Most of the time my builds are accumulated knowledge and experience of many. And this is what making them good i think.
  6. If swordies doesn’t met your expectation in this game, i am sorry. I am no the person that made this game in this is not the topic to complain on class.
1 Like

In fact it does, toy get Restrain. But SW3 is a waste coz there are greater in scope of utility and damage classes for Rank 3.

LoL so sw3 cata3 is a waste because theres better utility and damage for rank3.
those who get in the league ranking is a waste build, dont follow them !!

Follow whatever you want there are no restrictions, just respect all classes and ranks and better to forget “waste” word at all.

This is my opinion and as i see there are many people here giving others their opinion, why i shouldn’t ?

I like the way this Topic got from “Erase yourself from existence if you are not Peltasta Rank 2” to “Swordsman Build Comparison”

If you have problem with existance of other options to pick on job change instead of paltesta then write petition to game developer to remove them.
If there is possiblity to pick them, it means they should be viable.
If in your opinion it isnt viable then again… write petition to game developer.

In any situation possible, you cant really flame a player for playing the game how it was designed. If its badly designed its problem of designer not the user of product. Developers will only loose money because less people will play badly designed game.

In my humble opinion this thread only show the revamp that swordie need so seriously.

everything in this thread resume to: “Please chooose petalsta because the taunt so i can play in the way i want”. and honestly most of your guy dont want the petalsta for the tanking. just for the taunt.

Either the taunt ability need to be in SW1 so this nonense end Like should be added to gung ho or concentrate as additional effect and giving swash buckling magic defense instead pulling mobs to the player Or removing Taunt ability to Swash buckling and giving such effect to provoke attritube.

seriously.

3 Likes

Give taunt that pelt has to sw1 just like cleric 1 has heal, problem solved people can do whatever they want in swordman build without being judged.

1 Like

I think good oportunity is to replace Thrust with SB on the Swordie C1.

Pretty much, thrust serves no purpose whatsoever, no one ever uses it pass lv10 and on, or even, not at all.

That would make Peltasta useless. Try again.

Why? Pelt still offers the best tank ability in the game, holding c with a shield gives you 550% of your block, that’s not op enough for you?

It just divides the people who wants to go dps and the people who wants to tank. And both would server well as they perform their basic role in a party.

You can also C block with Rodelero. Like i said taking SB from pelt will make pelt useless.

Or you can get both pelt and sw2 for lv5 restrain + ability to block. extra knockdown is crap, cuz all pelt skills except for guardian and swash buckling is crap imo. but then again, you take pelt not really for the ability to manual block, but more for the 18% evasion imo cuz that scales well and is gonna be helpful for both PvE and PvP. the ability to block is nice icing on the cake.

Something like this build:

tunnel vision like SW3 OR pelt is pretty stupid. especially when getting 1 rank of pelt for just swashbuckling seems pretty lackluster to me for the long run and getting sw3 just for lv10 restrain may be a bad decision as well considering with 7x minotaur cards you can reach 70% stun with 3SECOND stun as opposed to 1 second stun with restrain.

Yeah, and how many people in your memory did go Rodelero? Probably could count it with your fingers. Mind you Rodelero does not have SB and nor does it give you extra defense / block from mastery.
There is no taking it away, just let sw1 have a basic function of what the class supposed to have right from the beginning.

No one goes Rodelero because the dmg sucks but if you move SB to swordsman C1 people will start taking Rodelero just for shield block and more dmg compared to Peltasta skills.

You dont even need to lvl the shield block mastery to have good block rate.

You’d really be surprised how important it is for tank to have more block in higher lvl maps. I am currently lv272 on my fencer and I still wish I had more block to tank properly for my party in maven.