Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

so why you have a problem to go to the game take a take a picture of 5-20 people of lvl 150+ and post the builds they do.

Calling some of those builds popular is a over statment, some of them yes but there is alot of junk in there.

I could tell you common warlock builds almost every good wiz build ends with lock lol.

as for taking pictures im at work and that would require to much effort to prove something i really don’t care about.

not tell, take a picture of 5-20 people of lvl 150+ and post the builds they do.
if you dont care then why are you here saying you dont want somthing in the game you are not care for?

Because i don’t want the resets in the game and that i care about.

I don’t care about going out of my way to show you warlocks and sappers that can easily be found in the city at your leisure, once again the rodeleros might be tough.

yet you didnt say why.
people doing the top builds in 90% of cases any way. so the argument that people will do the top build if the a reset is not so good.

Why dont you start with posting the build you felt you ruined, and I’ll post you my ‘‘top’’ build. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a counter argument to the argument that ‘‘resets will help people try out and there will be less top builds’’ anyway

1 Like

i didnt ruined any build so far.
i am just not a selfish jerk.

how it counter argument to any thing if you cant prove it.

I like OPs idea. Everyone who says “just make a new character” dont seem to understand that the problem arises at higher ranks. No matter how much you study classes, there is still a possibility that you take a class at rank 5-7 which you find you dont like at all. Some of us work and can’t play many hours a day, leveling a character to even lvl 100 can take a long time and if I do I a mistake at that point OR higher… Do I want to lvl up pretty much the same character all over again? No, questing and grinding the same content again and again gets boring really fast, at that point I’ll grow frustrated and stop playing probably.

2 Likes

once again as in thousands of threads said by tons of people, this is the biggest bull ■■■■ excuse we all have lifes and things to do.

So this point is null and void.

how people having life is BS?

Well it doesn’t remove the fact that leveling up exactly the same character to lets say rank 5 (which you really liked) would be really boring and tedious, just so you could pick up another class at rank 6 because the other one sucked for you.

1 Like

Pretty sure nobody would spend an offensive amount of silver in a 15 level span on a class they might be swapping away from because they’re experimenting. That’s the consequence of their choice to reset, if you wanna ditch a class you for some reason put tons of silver in to, of course that effort goes poof, I see this as a pretty non-issue because it isn’t rooted in a logical approach to the system.

And obviously…if you reset your class all the skill points you’ve spent at that rank are refunded and the skills of the class you walk away from are unlearned. That is how EVERY OTHER MMO with respeccing does it. This isn’t exactly rocket science.

1 Like

Answer to what? Elaborate please.

Don’t even bother with him, we’re just all too blind to see why this is a bad idea, only he possesses the higher knowledge and we aren’t worthy for him to bestow us with his wisdom.

So if I am…

Lvl 280 swordsman>pelta3>rodelero3

And want to reclass, I will be…

lvl 280 swordsman, then I need to level my job to 15, to repick my preferred job again?

Right? If yes, I say I like it.

In your case you would be put back at swordsman > pelt c3 > Rodelero c2 with the advancement quest to pick a different circle from Rodelero c3.

3 Likes

Ah… walks away

comes back

That is okay too, not just something I was hoping. but still good.

not bad :thumbsup: not bad, but let you the hypothetical lvl 600 idk, i cant arge about your point because is a good point.

however, set a cooldown for this service to around 1 month and it will be fine. the thing is to not let people to exploit classes to benefit other game style, i mean i could lvl up as dps, switch to (put economy class here) and make scrolls, potions etc. siwtch to support, farm dungeon items and get back to dps.

this is my main problem, a player who can farm like a master aoe dps, support to get items from high tier dungeons and later sell anything with a economy class avoiding any fees. (people can level up their class fast with lvl 280 - or a hypothetical 600).

with a cooldown people will fix wrong builds, lvl fast as dps and then change another class and still prevent that issue, because three months will be requeried to at least get the exploit.

If you read the original post you’d realize this kind of thing is impossible with my idea.

I could agree to a class reset up to rank 3-4, casuals who doesnt bother reading up on their classes will likely mess up their character too early anyway.

Anything past that is where i’d say no.

People shoudve learned by now that most skill descriptions is missing alot of info already, if the player decides play with the mindset “i deserve a class reset for this” then its his fault for being lazy not doing research.

Besides, most/all classes, will sooner or later will get nerfed/buffed in the far future anyway.

Let’s say Plague Doctor was nerfed to a state where its weaker than wizard C1, while Kabbalist suddenly gets better than Plaguedoctor during its peak, wonder what class people would suddenly reset their rank 7 into.

Too bad, thats what they get for doing the “one build”

However i could do an exception and agree to a Full circle reset IF a class get nerfed/changed to a state where a persons build wont even fucntion anymore.

Example, a Fencer rolled BarbC3, Barb skills can only be used with 1h/2h Swords only.