Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

Too bad I had some work to do, there’s been some really interesting comments being posted I would have wanted to reply to :cry:

The more I think about it, the more interesting the OP’s suggestion is. It’s definitely not what any common RESETS NAO!! QQer are wanting. And with a little thinking how it would affect those special cases mentioned on this thread earlier (and possible unexpected and hard to foresee ones) and little bit tweaking to counter them without changing the basic idea, it could be worth it. If you could only reset your current rank, and only once it probably wouldn’t be used too much in guild tournaments and such that it would feel like abusing the system or cause “character of this patch” phenomenon.

But it’s still hard to make sure it would be unabusable even at later levels. The last ranks will take months to level up when we are closer to the final level cap. The difference of leveling up different classes would be huge at that point. It could be very well worth it to level the basic level to max with some other class and then resetting the other which might be superior at pvp but pain in the ass and extremely slow to level up. With your maxed basic level, it might be significantly easier to level up that other class because you’d have so much more hp, can equip better gear etc. and you could kind of “power level” your rank up this way. And the difference in leveling speeds could be so huge at later levels that you might end up saving weeks or months through these kind of tricks. On the other hand, the differences on potential leveling speeds could stay minimal enough to not be worth it too.

Leveling will be slow anyways though, so I’m not sure if this can be called abusing this suggested system. Players would definitely not end up switching their classes every day or week because of this. But because of this power leveling effect, anything more than resetting the current rank would very likely turn out abusable.

Edit: And I think some people are too focused on the idea that there should be some extra punishments added into it, especially when some of these “punishments” would make it easier to abuse it. Anything that would allow you to reset more than your current rank to “punish” you actually make the system more pointless and vulnerable for abuse, unless the circle choices until the last rank are locked or something.

plz say how it can be unabusable ?

My point is you said it would make more unique builds and im saying it would do the opposite.

and i say, how so?
it what going on now 90% of the people (i see) doing the same builds, top builds. so you say peopel will do more slow lvling buikds and the change them to the good ones?
at worst things stay the same.

Yes but people living with their mistakes means that we would have more diversity unless they decide to remake their character as a whole. Which im sure there are people who wouldn’t do that (probably the ones crying for resets). So not having resets would actually be better for class diversity.

but people will not live with their mistakes. they will leave or make a new character . or just now like do one of the top builds.
or you really think people will play a character that no one want to take to a party at lvl 100-280?

Honestly its really hard to mess up a build so bad that no one would want you. The class thats most likely to happen to is wizards.

earth tower?
most of the dungeons after 132?
but dont take my word for it go and build hunter or sapper Rodelero and see how much people will like you.

… Dungeons are easy be serious.

Here is probably the only point its actually a concern, once again mostly with wizards. not so much the others.

Rodelero has a place and so does sapper, but i admit i would not actively invite a hunter if i was lead.

see so you will not take a class . why?
i see lots of people play as one, under lvl 100, after it not so much.

so you see that even you will not take some classes to the party.now what some one lvling a hunter need to do?

Pet class have a history of being notoriously bad in mmos like 95% of the time. They are usually used by people who don’t care and do it because they like the theme. Actually most of the classes i would avoid on this game are pet classes with certain exceptions.

“Well seeing as how you’re in favor of keeping the population uneducated, I would have to presume you’re an american.”

How can you claim an entire population is uneducated when your post is so full of mistakes that I had to fix it?

3 Likes

Because your public education is bad. And your good education is prohibitively expensive. Some Americans even discussed it with me above.

As for mistakes on the internet. Grammer and spelling mistakes on the internet. I don’t think i have to explain why no one cares about that, this is not how i write formal documents.

I agree with a circle reset because it allows meta growth and ease of access for new players.

The current system favors long term players which over time will cause a wall keeping new people from catching up. its a huge problem most mmos face. But since ive made MULTIPLE logical arguments as to why a circle reset is good all of which have been ignored outside of a bunch of likes, I dont see a reason to keep repeating myself. Especially when people are gonna ignore it anyway and just disagree without reading.

2 Likes

so what the player that play a hunter need to do when peole like you making the partys ? leave the game? delet the hunter and lose the TP he put in it?

far from all the player play as hunters,sapper,Rodelero , some more i dont think of now are just don’t care. they play it because they like the theme, no ■■■■.

Or they could calm their tits and wait. Because eventually we will start getting balance changes after the servers function properly and the game opens to full release.

Ah I miss my Venomancer now. ;_;

Let me run that one over in my mind for a moment. Hmm.
Surely you ment to improve that to: ‘‘would have to assume’’ or ‘‘would presume’’?

I think it’s a slippery slope if you start to improve upon other’s usage of grammar or such. You would have to do it perfect, and noone does that. Good luck trying it with mine tho, since mine sucks and I havent cared in 15 years.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

they dont just ignore they fear they won’t stay on the top.they will say any buid is good and play what you wnt but will not show what they play. or take any of the not top buids to the party they make.

sorry mate its not how mmorpgs or any mmo game works. no balance will make some of the classes in this game wanted . i dont think imc will nerf all the top builds top the point any thing will be some what the same.

Good man, you make the world a better place.

I have a sorcerer/warlock build for fun because i like the theme

actually it is how mmos work, balance changes so frequently and violently that classes that are totally unwanted become kings untill they are inevitability nerfed again. thats why i said 95% of pet classes are crap because i have even seen patchs in games where they were on top for time periods.

PS : that ■■■■ is intentional thats how they keep you playing and making new characters.