Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

No circle resets of any sort please. It’s bad enough that stat and skill resets are available. Character permanence is an important feature of this game. Let’s not unravel it any further than it already has been.

This “fix” does not work for me.

1 Like

People now days don’t understand the value of careful planning and living with your choices. Irl or online for that matter. They want a reset button for life and games.

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s too hard for them to implement.
I’m saying it can cause a lot of undesirable issues if not correctly implemented.

Nice points but I actually only find this rly troublesome. X)

…and I actually realised that in a much much much smaller way it can be abused with skill resets…also some crafting classes can be…but whatever X)

I’m not even sure if there would be a solution to this one…I think we either let this one happen…or not.

Sadhu’s OoB has been nerfed to half of its attack speed, a hidden bonus which would buff its damage has been removed, and Transmit Prana, which once would buff your OoB to do +50% of int has been disabled.

Would you say those people had done insufficient planning when their class was gutted after they took it?

That happend long before early access. You cant use that as a excuse.

Also you missed possession never used to be canceled by damage RIP my beta class.

I like this idea. It gives you a chance to play with each class rank and see how it meshes with what you’ve done. I think it’s fair and I would support this.

1 Like

Feel free to read the sadhu thread. Two of the things I listed are new to the release version.

Hell, one of them was news to one of the forum staff.

All these changes happened in KToS before our early access started…

Feel. Free. To. Read. The. Sadhu. Thread.

But thats beside the point. Buffs and changes happen after you take your class. Is that an issue of poor planning?

Been in that thread since it was made. And those changes happened before early access, you being ignorant to available information is not a excuse.

Edit: [quote=“dmhamilt, post:110, topic:233211”]
But thats beside the point. Buffs and changes happen after you take your class. Is that an issue of poor planning?
[/quote]

To cover this KToS gives stat/skill reset potions after major balance changes i imagine IToS will be similar.

No, actually not true. There was no publicly available information on Transmit Prana until just a few days ago. The staff sent us a video of how they thought it worked and they were wrong. Now a player is planning on quitting the game because tbh that’s bullshit. To be told something works by staff, see it in a video, and then find out it doesn’t when you get there? All because of unclear skill descriptions. This would be absolutely solved by a solution along those lines.

Also, I didn’t read the whole thread but I’m in favor of this idea. I do think your character level should be reset to where it was when you hit the class rank tho.

Read the Ktos thread, might be a few thousand posts old now though.

Also this is not the first time the staff have been wrong, read through their history they make mistakes with information they are not perfect. They are just like the rest of us.

I have a feeling that all the people that propose to drop down to rank 1 of the job aren’t even trying to fill rank 7 yet or they would shut their mouth.

The “original” idea you re-post was initially meant without rank reset to 1 for a reason.

It helps people decide between two things there is no reason to punish.

I’m gonna quit this game if you guys don’t stop crying. Oh wait…

people stop be selfish jerks. if you want to rerol and delet a character yuo invested TP in then just do it. some of the player dont get money from the trees.
hell if you dont wan to do it then dont use it.
why you so afraid of more healer and tanks at end game or even more unique builds?

For current gaming community definition of fair is something that only accessible to 1-10% of gamers, so any circle restets that every one can use is unfair. I bet in future there will be 50-100$ circle/class reset scrolls that only top 5% can buy and use and it will be fair. After all how this game is going free players won’t have a say.

I feel like this does the opposite, people will reset their builds to become the generic top performing builds. Not to increase diversity.

1 Like

why free players need to have a say.they give nothing .

but people now play the generic top performing builds now any way, so what is your point?

1 Like