Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

How is it flawed and exploitable, master chief?

I think it would be easy to set a Rank restrictions to dungeons.

All of this stuff that comes with it could be easily solved in a way so I don’t think anything like that should be a problem.

We could also lose base levels or something…if that’s necessary…or other things… I’m 100% sure everything could be solved.

I thought of that…but that’s good that way imo. Whatever class you reseted you worked on that too and then you lose it…and I think if we include that it is okay.
Or as I said above…we could lose some base levels too if that’s necessary…but I find that more troublesome and unnecassary.

Also with my method I said before if we want to punish ppl a bit. Set the reset to start from a fixed 2 ranks. So you would always erase at least 2 ranks when you reset…so you should level up 2 ranks instead of 1… That’s quite a punishment imo.

This is a totally different story… You shouldn’t worry about things like this. Maybe it would happen maybe not…

O yea because what ToS needs is more exploits and bugs lol. Our servers don’t even function.

So more problems is a huge concern.

Think of some things yourself, it’ll help you with problem solving in real life. There’s a ton of things wrong with this

Its not hard to grind out 15 class without cards though. Level 10 and 11 cards would save you about 10 - 12 hours or so. But that’s not much later on anyway.

You’re projecting. Uber hard.

If you can’t think of any to discuss yourself then you may as well not have posted.

This is still a different story… It can happen with every ■■■■■■■ new system they implement… So?
Should they just stop implementing stuff in the game because we are afraid it maybe can be exploited or what?

No, but they should defiantly not implement more before what we have works.

But you’re specifically referring to rank 7s as an issue, so let’s discuss it from the perspective of no cards.

Gotta grind that mofo out, people will not be inclined to “abuse” that. That’s like running a marathon to earn a bowl of fruity pebbles. Not so worth it even though it does taste good.

Running a mile is not a big deal for a lot of people…

Just like 15 class lvls is not a big deal to some people.

It’s not exactly something people would be okay with doing daily or weekly just to “abuse” it.

I feel like your underestimating people.

So what are you estimates for how efficiently the average person can regain class level 15 at rank 7?

That is true I accept that. But still we are just talking about this here…so you shouldn’t be afraid they will implement a rly badly working system tomorrow.

( or at least I rly hope so…sometimes I’m not that sure in IMC… I have to admit…but I’m still trying to be positive about them )

1 Like

Average people aren’t the ones who abuse things.

1 Like

Things that worry me a bit:

• Silver wasted on attributes. They just go poof? Won’t people complain about that?

• Attributes that allow equippable weapons: Example, you’re a highlander, equip a two-handed sword, circle reset. Your weapon needs to be unequipped but then the developers need to be careful with those details.

• Things like the wugushi poison pot, sorcerer card deck, etc would probably need to be reviewed so that the UI doesn’t bug when you reset. And would your boss cards also go poof?

• If you can reset more than once, what if you reset BACK to a class you previously had? The attributes you bought, should they pop back up again? Or do you have to re-buy them? In terms of implementation that sounds quite troublesome (you need to store all attributes you previously had while some should apply and others shouldn’t?).

• Rank exp table is not independant to base exp table. What I mean is: you rank much faster at rank 2 than at rank 6. Now why does this matter? Well it’s a bit tricky to explain…
    At base level 130 you become rank 5 (aproximately). And then at base 180 you become rank 6. You can pick a fast leveling class at rank 5 and reset just before you hit rank 6 to a slower leveling class (a tanker, or a crafter class). Of course, you have to re-level your class to 15, but remember that now you’re base level 180 and the exp cards / dungeons you do will award MUCH more exp than what it gave at lvl 130. Is it worth it? I don’t know, probably not. But it can be if you have someone to power level you once you switch to your bad leveling class at 180. If you consider good grinding spots and someone to help you out, then I THINK it can be made faster than if you were to solo through the slower-leveling class.

• What if you reset from a C2 class? For example: you are a Cryo C1 with ice pike lvl 5 and 10 unspent points to use. You become Cryo C2. Level to rank 10. Now you have 20 points to spend and you put your ice pike up to lvl 10. But then you reset and decide to go linker. Those 5 points you spent, were they points from Cryo C1 or were they from Cryo C2? I see this can lead to a lot of problems and the devs would need to make a “save point” of your current learnt skills and points to use everytime you change class. This could be done correctly but it would be complicated / annoying.

• You could abuse it a little by doing things like: Change into corsair, you are given 1 free skill point. Level up unlock. Unlock all chests you want (maybe have a cleric friend to give you divine might too or borrow some +corsair skill lvl gear). Reset to the class you really want to play. Now you didn’t essentially lose any exp because you didn’t level as corsair 1.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you’ve never actually played this game if you can’t think of any reasons why this doesn’t work

Why do people keep saying that people will abuse this system by “freely” switching between classes? OP says once, maybe twice as a limited feature. If a kabbalist goes PD, that’s it. They can’t go back. If they then want a kabbalist again, they have to make a new character.

Personally, I think there should be a 1 time 1 circle reset and that’s it. You get to reset only 1 circle 1 time per character.

You can’t deny that the in game tool tips need a major improvement. That’s a main reason people need a reset.

kneeling shot doesn’t say that it disables most archer skills while in effect. Burrow doesn’t say it disableseems most archer skills while in effect. Tool tips and the website need accurate information or we will continue to have problems. I didn’t know Langort hits 4 times. I only got it cause I was Pelt3 and said why not lol. It was a pleasant suprise for sure but it’s another example of the tool tips having bad information.

This time responses are something new…
“It’s hard for the developer.”
/facepalm

If you’ve played an alchemist you’d know the answer to that