Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

Now this would be easy to implement. You would still need to combat the templar issue with additional coding to prevent templar-less guilds, but other than that, just use an item and bam you are previous rank class 15, with the advancement window up.

Use another one? Bam you are rank -2 class 15, and so on.

Class levels are a pain to get back, so that would be reasonable risk-reward.

EDIT: they would have to delete your costumes too.

And I gave you an argument for how that’s not really abuse and isn’t really worth being concerned about…

Yup, there can potentially be misalignments for higher level characters being lower ranks if they swap too much but that’s where the compromises come in for those who are against resets. You are slowly more and more pushed to start a new character if you continue to carelessly reset the same character. If you reset you have to commit to the regrind, and that comes with all the possible downsides you have to consider for your performance.

Both sides win.

Its a nice idea, but i think that class reset should be all or nothing. If u want to reset one circle u must reset to circle 1 by paying a lot, u will lose also all the attributes u paid for and u have to pay for them again. This will be really punishing but will give more freedom to player. This can be also more punishing, if for example class reset is possible only after u reached rank 6 or 7. This are just my 2 cents, sorry for my English btw

Keep in mind your base lvl is not going down and you will be killing enemies that give much higher xp then the first time you completed those class lvls. So they would not be hard to get back with the exception of the highest rank your capable of.

No, I don’t agree. Aside from those that messed up their build, others want a circle reset option because they wish to level as a PVE build and then switch to a PVP build once they get geared and reach max level.

Now, I believe this ruins a part of the gameplay experience. I believe that if you want to make a PVP build that isn’t suited for PVE or dungeon parties, then persevere through it. It won’t be easy, so work hard to get up there. Be motivated by the rewards of the end game as you work through your journey. Don’t take the easy way out. Experiment, have fun, enjoy the little difficulties in the game. That’s what makes it exciting.

No. /20characters

Jesus you wont drop it haha

1 Like

Except…my idea doesn’t allow for such things. Maybe you should go post this in the ‘general’ circle reset threads.

Devs intentions of ‘fixing’ mistakes is to make lower level classes fall off and irrelevant with higher ranks so you just keep progressing to you reach the point those previous mistakes aren’t relevant.

yeah it would not be as hard, but you would still be at a class disadvantage compared to your base level at least until you are 280 so it would be a very tough decision to make.

I just want to avoid a situation where one-day someone is lvl 15 Kabbalist, and then next day he is lvl 15 PD.

But I think it will generate a lot of bias in the game.

Players can start going like “Recruiting members for Alementh forest grind, NO RESETS ALLOWED” because if you did reset then you are obviously weaker than someone who didn’t.

I mean, people already only invite classes that are in the meta. They would probably only invite classes that are in the meta AND without resets.

Which is absolutely going to happen. Players abuse anything we get the chance to, look at the z attackers lol.

But a person is fully capable of grinding out their lost exp, which is the consequence for using a reset. If you wanna be caught up you gotta put in the effort to recover the exp you threw away.

Most people will probably say it’s worth the grind to keep the same character.

getting back to lvl 15 class rank 7 from 1 is no easy matter…would take days if not weeks of heavy grind, and once you are 280 your ability to get new EXP cards would be limited to dailys in the merc post.

Where are you going to grind circle 7 out in less than a day?
And besides, circle 7 really, really needs more people trying classes at that level. I’m not sure theres a single one of them that doesn’t have some terrible broken skill.

Thats true. But mark my words there will be a way to abuse such a janky system.

Also on a side note IMC has restricted the ■■■■ out of everything market/trade related, you really think they are going to let players come and go from crafting classes that easy? They think everything is the doom of the economy.

You don’t need XP cards to level class rank when you’re at that level.

Grinding gives out millions of XP per hour. Of course it would take some time but the benefit of freely switching classes at rank 7 is ridiculous at any rank for that matter.

While I disagree with this suggestion and I don’t think implementing any class resets into this game is a good idea, I’m amazed at how little so many of you suck at reading comprehension…

Someone who grinds out a full lvl 15 class without any cards probably deserves a chance to try that class at rank 7, do you not agree?

Maybe you should think and brainstorm for more than 5 minutes before posting completely flawed ideas full of exploitable mechanics.