Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

i kinda like it, it’s good to have a second chance (and the price seems fair, i would even go further and add a silver cost too)

with such a small number of free char slots, it’s kinda necessary to have an option either than “delete your char”

I think he is referring to those who argue resets should be implemented because they made terrible choices on their C2 or C3 ranks and only realized much later when they are now missing important buff for the build they are later wanting, after they see someone plays so well with it. There were many of these wanna be the best but not wanting to look for info how -crybabies on some previous threads and this is the only reason why those players want a reset. They would still QQ about it and there would be enough talt for the dungeon box ingredient for years to come even if you suggested reset got implemented.

As simple solution like that might restrict some valid builds but there could be some way to prevent abuse of this suggested system. Someone might want to decide going alchemist only at their 8th rank for example when they get bored of that character type.

1 Like

This is the exact reason why I think people should be able to reset back to rank 1, class level 1. But to each their own, I suppose.

No it doesn’t restrict builds because I’m talking about at the NPC that will issue said reset.

Only if you’re using a class reset, will a person who already picked a crafting class be unable to then choose to reset to a combat class, and vice versa.

I didn’t mean that crafting classes shouldn’t be able to ever pick a combat class after the rank they picked a crafting one. I’m talking only about reset choice eligibility.

Hes referring to the fact that some crafting classes like pardoner lend them selves to certain dps builds (PD incinerate builds)

“effort”. Because at level 280 you can powerlevel all lower rank classes super fast lol.

1 Like

What does that have to do with the reset? If you’re using padoner in your DPS build then do it.

The system outlined above doesn’t prevent a person from rolling pardoner at any rank it’s available, or a combat class at any other rank for the same character.

As stated, the monetary “gain” that was proposed as a possible “exploit” of the system isn’t really an issue, if people want to put that level of effort in to make some extra cash…then why not let them have it. Remember they have to level their rank fro class level 1 when they decide to swap. Think of the wasted cards.

If people wanna wipe their class level progress to switch while at that current rank only, I think it’s pretty fair given how slowly class level goes up.

Nay. makes everyone too lazy to do crap.

What? How on earth does this promote laziness?

Yes it does

The thing is the amount of restrictions it would take to make this not abuse able. Also makes it not worth implementing after it has all those restrictions because of how limited it is. This games class system is just not a good mix with resets, its to complex.

No, that was just an IDEA I thought up in a later post to address his concern of people flip flopping purely for monetary gain. Which I’ve already addressed and said is a non-issue.

That wasn’t part of my original system.

So, let’s say your class rank is reset. You’re lv280 and only have grinding left in order to level your class level… you do realize it’ll take 2-3 weeks of grinding alone in order to get back to rank 7, class wise? Perhaps even more? I don’t think it’s worth it…it’ll take less time to remake a completely new character and level it to 280…

Not to mention that you will be a lv280 with skills of a Rank 1 or 2 class… no one will want you and you’ll be extremely weak…

Even if it were just Rank 7, considering you need over 80M in order to just do 14-15…

I’m kinda okay with this but I would do some things a bit differently

I think it rather should be a complete rank deletion. I mean if you are Rank 7 Plague Doctor and you want to reset that…after that you would end up for example with a Rank 6 Class lvl 15 Druid.

It would be better imo because it would mean you simply ended up exactly at the previous class change part and you could just choose the class you want to change into normally and also you would do its class advancement quest…as normally you would do.

With the method I mentioned above I would actually allow ppl to erase the next lower rank too if they want…and the next…and the next 1 by 1… It would just mean much more work to work back all of those ranks with their class levels.

But if you would want to change your Rank 4 Class on Rank 7… the only method would be if you erase all of your 4-5-6-7 Ranks. (It actually could work with 1 reset item too…where you can set how much ranks you would want to erase…but it would always count it from your last rank)

OK. You are crazy.

/20char

And if we go back to your original system were back to how it is abusable.

Yes, I think what you described is very reasonable.

2-3 weeks to get class level 15 back is a good way to keep people from doing it willy nilly.

You forget this isn’t just about the time it takes, it’s about keeping the same character (achievement, TP items, gear, silver earned). All of that stuff is worth way more than what you lose by making a new char.

How is it abusable? It’s literally not.

I guess… but most of the people complaining about class reset do so because they do not want to waste time into the grinding/leveling to 280 again… the solution you’re giving while not bad won’t be popular with those for the reset either as they would be required to grind even more in order to get the class they want back to higher levels

This breaks the linearity of the game.

If you are a very undecisive person and pick to re-roll the class at each rank (even if only once per rank) you can end up being lvl 200 but still at say, rank 4.

I see a lot of problems coming out from this: You go into a dungeon and one of the guys only has 4 ranks… Then players will be more toxic than ever.

Your job level won’t keep up with your base level anymore if you reset.

1 Like

Scroll up we discussed it early and that was why you proposed the limited changes.