Tree of Savior Forum

Ranking up made less punishing, but still permanent: The "Circle Reset" fix that works for everyone

Their cleric only has 6 ranks. I am pretty sure there is a PD hiding in the shadows there :smiley:

Nah, he ddnt go pd, he told me so. Dont remember the exact builds, but he didnt go pd. Iirc rank 7 he decided for pardoner or krivis2

Translated that for you

Lmao. Every cleric variant has heal. It could have been done without linker anyway

I agree with you on all of that but i donā€™t see why it contradicts my point ( in this particular case that is this Open ( but paid ! Should it still be called Open ?) Beta)

Btw iā€™m might have failed to emphasize enough the real point i was trying to make which is a worry : The worry that the circle reset will make even more obvious a lot of flaws (i think some are intended) in the game like classes balance and other non friendly mechanics ( imo some are features, not mistakes, it defines the game) . I think this should be adressed first or you might be disapointed in the result of your circle reset.

And i do believe that if this is addressed properly, you might not need a circle reset after all

and ( this last part is my opinion ) I would rather find solutions to make recreating a character less painfull ( make TP items tradable inside a team, enormous ExP boost for a second, then third character ā€¦) it would be in my mind a better way to make the game enjoyable.

If you had the choice between :

• create a new character with a huge xp boost, all exp cards/quests available, and a reasonable time to level it up to a decent level, and ofc wich come with it is the way to allocate your rank/stats etc from scratch and however you want.

• just have the choice to reset your last circle and grind it to where you were with no quest beside dailies, no exploration, no nothing basically wich is implied by the system presented here.

What would you pick ? And iā€™m genuinely interrested, iā€™m not trying to be a smart ass. (No need to be patronizing even tho were on the ā€œinternetā€ :scream: ha ha).

Mhhh I think I am the wrong person to ask. I already made 3 chars with their purposes.

2 safe ET chars (which I have a hard time leveling since leveling is already so incredibly boring in this game)
180 wiz 3/ ele 3
130 diev

My main is my cleric-priest3-pardoner2-oracle. Why oracle? Because I had to test it to see if that would be something for my next main. So just think about it I literally have to throw a perfectly fine char away to find out about oracle. I could just have picked PD and be fine.

Now basically the game is asking me to find out about the interaction between PD and Pardoner I have to level ANOTHER rank 7 char. This pretty much takes my fun out of the game.

The Oracle is superb and even makes sense on a pardoner 2 from a selling standpoint, but still deep down I am unhappy, because I have to go through the pardoner leveling annoyance again exactly the same as any other char to find out about PD since nobody else can answer the questions I keep asking for 2 weeks now.

If leveling was fun and not a giant running simulator it would be different, but right now basically leveling is the same.

Follow main quest and hit lvl 50 dungeon asap -> follow main quest hit lvl 90 dungeon asap stop by at constructor apparition event for leveling and then run into the wall somewhere around 160 do demon prison, breach 180 and start the grindcycle till 250 of downtown->truffles->evac->storage->abby.

This is how I want to level: Check what material/recipe I need and select a zone with nice density. Give my twink gear and send him on his way there to grind effectively and without artificial restrictions.

So effectively I am doing 3x dungeons on all of them per day for loot and of course with their 3 runs they get nothing day after day.

So ultimately I chose option C) My idea of selecting an advancement with the option of locking a different one you like more without punishment and the decision becoming final by reaching the next advancement (or ending rank 7)

The core gamersā€¦?

hehehā€¦hahahaā€¦HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!

Oh godā€¦so funny, ahahahaā€¦so many ignorant children these days I justā€¦ wipes away tear ahahahahaā€¦

Ok, what will the Core Gamers pay so much money with mm? Will they be spending 100-200 dollars a month on something from the part time jobs they have? Or the college money given to them by their parents while taking part time courses at a dorm?

Hahaā€¦no, the majority has, and always will be, the full time worker who has life responsibilities such as a wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, children, after work activities, etc, who makes alot of spare money they can play with, and thus spend on a cash shop. Korea knows this, they always target that demograph, the whale who spends 1000 dollars to get a special snowflake pet in some korean mmo that gives him +20 exp bonus? That guy works a tough full time job that gives him maybe 4-5 hours to play each night. Thats not a ā€œCore gamerā€. A ā€œCore gamerā€ likely has 7-9 hours to spend each night that wouldnt need a circle reset at all, cuz he has plenty of time to play the game, and do things over and over.

Kids these daysā€¦argue for the sake of argument with no common sense or logic.

Again no need to be patronizing, i was not. Iā€™m sorry I have been misunderstood, english is not my main language. By ā€œcoreā€ gamers i was not referring to ā€œhardcoreā€ gamer, in my mind i was more describing the players who makes the core group of the community ( like in ā€œcore featureā€ ) And it has more to do with the commitment to the game rather than the time available/spent. I think of casual gamers, like myself, as people with moslty curiosity toward the game but not (yet) a real attachment nor the intention of pushing things in depth. ( I can recognise myself in the description you make of them, and iā€™m still not convinced by a circle reset ) I donā€™t want to be a top player, i just want to play my character like i chose to make it. I would rather see the developpers working on ways to make every classes viable than a way to change between them. Maybe itā€™s not the point of this topic afterall but i would feel very much confident/ rewarded if the character i build was efficient in a way (because data available were relevent and accurate regarding each classes).

Anyways. The thing is, iā€™m sure ways can be found to make the game more enjoyable regarding classes choices and advancement without a circle reset. circle reset seems to me like a easy/poor solution to the problem it feels artificial. Maybe a way to test it in another environement than the game itself ( a training room of some sort )

This is the internet and not some kind of safe place. You make a mistake your internet credibility is gone and 500 daggers in your back.

Dont try to be reasonable or expect reason during your stay. It will get you attacked & touched in dark places.

Although I agree that the game shouldnā€™t be too casual allowing people to reset multitude of times, there is 1 big problem though. The game is not yet done. How are we supposed to know that our builds will work when the game realeses the rank 10 classes? I for one think that a reset should be awarded when the game is finished not to let people fix their mistakes, but to let people keep the characters they worked hard on instead of rerolling.

This whole discussion is bigger and bigger nonsense with every day. People dont understand where the problem really is and try to force some unresonable solution.

The problem that you want to be resolved is:
ā€œWhat do I do if I invested in the game 300 hours and suddenly I want to change rank 2 or higher class due to some unknown reasonsā€

The reasons can be:

1. Not really what I expected the class to be - not my style.
    Problem : not enough information given by game
    Solution: more precise data given to player about classes and skills

2)I changed my mind just because I can.
Problem: want the game to be more flexible for his own bad decision
Solution : they should create new character

3)Balance tweaks made by developer.
Problem : classes are unbalanced as hell - new meta appear
Solution : balance so all classes are usefull - nobody will need to swap - if you are amonght balanced classes you should get free skill reset potion

1. Adding of new classes.
    Problem : game constantly release new classes
    Solution1 : finish the product before selling it
    Solution2 : if you are amongst base class that got new rank 2+ class for it, you get possiblity to change every class with rank equal or higher to the new class rank till some date for free (max 3 ranks changed) (ex. new rank 4 class appear for wizard, all wizards can swap 3 ranks equal to and above rank 4 for free till 7 days from now on)

And so onā€¦
People stop and think what is really the core cause of problem, get to the root of it and solve that.

Exactly!!! Not everything is black and white. So many closed minded people here. It should be a case by case basis!

Basically you are asking for the game to be fixed and finished? This is the most unreasonable demand I have seen so far on the forum.

Well maybe they do this in the future (just mabeā€¦) since some MMORPG already did this (but the game that i mention almost empty (from people) and it already old gameā€¦and it begin with ā€œWā€ letterā€¦

Please try to comprehend what he is saying. Basically he agrees resets shouldnā€™t be casual but it should also be open for discussion. What if they release a hidden class at a lower circle late in the game? Does that mean I have to make a new character? What if I want a rank 8 class but it doesnā€™t work well with my current set up? Does that also mean I have to reset? Is it our mistake for not having enough information despite doing our best to have a solid foundation of classes?

1 Like

Well the people that dont want it will say yes to you.they will its your ā– ā– ā– ā–  up even if its the 8 class case.

I know, thatā€™s how arguments are sometimes. Itā€™s not entirely their call anyways. I hope they should understand that a lot of people donā€™t want to invest too much time on a game or are too attached on their characters to keep making a new one whenever this game gets a major update.

Woww. The opposition to class reseting is crazyā€¦
I had no idea there was this level of elitism around. Why not have some more flexibility to this pretty robust class system. Wanting others to ā€˜rerollā€™ an entire character because of imperfect foresight is pretty bad.

I think the idea suggested by the op is perfect, in taking the concerns of those that donā€™t want it. Most players donā€™t have hundreds of hours to remake tons of characters just to ā€˜get it rightā€™ in one fell swoop. Plus itā€™s really boringā€¦ because as a game players should be able to both have fun as well as fine-tune what they want (and having to recreate and redo everything is pretty extreme as a ā€˜repercussionā€™)

Really, it comes down to how many people this would help and make their time on ToS more enjoyable, and Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s a lot that it would, because most players arenā€™t so elitist. I am surprised by how many Iā€™ve seen being against it, but I donā€™t think itā€™s representative, especially that the free to play hasnā€™t even started.

One last thing, for the concerns of ā€˜oldā€™ class levels being easy for a high level character, if thatā€™s really a concern then itā€™s simple, simply make the experience needed proportionate to how many ranks the player is at (in example, if at rank 6, make a reset of a class need as much as rank 6 does.) Or simply only allow it once rank 7, and make it need as much as a rank 7 class would need.

1 Like

Partialy yes I do. Do you buy ufinished food or clothes from shop? The answer is ā€œnoā€.
The same goes for every product that people buy, only finished one is worth mentioning. Its new trend that games go into green light on steam and early access and they often never finish the product at all where people already paid for it.
I am gamer for over 15 years and long time ago Open Beta meant:

1. Finished product
  2. Open beta was used to stres test the servers
  3. Open beta had only minor bugs and minor technical problems

ToS is on open beta now:

1. Half of the game content is unfinished
  2. Class system is major sale point if it (core fundament) with is unfinished
  3. Balance of classes is made in such way like they didnt even try to do it (I dont expect the game to be perfectly balanced because thats impossible)
  4. Insert all other stuff hereā€¦

You see the difference ?

Also my post is about trying to aim directly into the source of the problem. People trying to solve the result of a problem, not the problem itself here.

It doesnt mean I dont support green-light games and early access since it allows more games to be created with wouldnt be made at all.
But I know one-man made games that are in early access. Those guys respond on their forums more often than ToS devs here (and they got whole team). I know game where one-man-army literaly redesigned whole skill system and loot system in a month, addiing really tons of new stuff to the game.

1 Like

You know what is the bige joke here,its not open beta. Imc just didnt do open beta.they skipped it.