Tree of Savior Forum

Rank Reset Event!

You, just do not get it, whatever. Just remember, things for you are not the same as for everyone else. You’re one among many, and many do not agree. But it is down to IMC to decide.

But really, I would of still given daily reset per character, it would of been a great data gathering time.

1 Like

Also, let’s be honest here.

I’m one of the few rare exceptions that are resetting 15 different characters (14+level up) due to leveling meme/weak builds on my own free will with last months with r8 events.

I’m also moving some builds between characters because the name and attributes invested (which is pretty much, wasting a reset because i could leave it as is and not reset an extra character for that).

And we can say basically the same thing.

Even using all possible event resets for different characters I’m pretty much fine with how it is atm.

If anything, the only thing I’d complain is that I wanted to have more Stat Reset potions and/or transfer it between chars due to making one of my Chronos into a “wannabe dps” character.

We just see it differently. I’m sure most people who wants more resets/day actually doesn’t need to reset at least 14 characters.

If you see it as something to reset choices so you’re able to do the choices again, 14+1 is clearly more than enough. (If you keep doing the same bad choices over and over again on the same character, something is wrong - not with IMC - from this point of view.)

You are right, I don’t get how anyone can receive something good and be upset about it. Those people either needed better parents or simply to get over themselves.

If you monitored how people are behaving during your reset event, it is a great tool for whatever purpose you’re going to use it.

I’ve already said that my stance on this current reset event, is the same as those above, that do not have many characters to reset.

But I also acknowledge that there exists a group of people that would love to reset all their characters today, just to test things out and get more enjoyment out of their game experience, for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

we’ve lost 7 days without any possibility to try out shinobi builds :S (the quest got conveniently bugged after they released this event)
AND there are no news about a possible fix on the patch notes, so, we get IMC’d after all with this crappy event

1 Like

Children grasping at straws whining they aren’t given MORE than they already have been.

Shinobi bug is unfortunate, hopefully it will get solved with the maintenance. In the mean time you can just hold off on the character that wanted to be a shinobi. Bugs happen, and fortunately there have been very few with this huge update. Definitely less than most other games.

IMC has already decided how the reset event is going to go, and multiple people agree with it; there’s no reason to complain any more about it. It is how it is.

1 Like

You missed the point, I’m not saying having A rank reset event is not good, I say THE rank reset event we have now is bad. It’s what you were discussing in this topic, right ? Or did I miss something ?

So I want to know why THIS event is good ? (And not AN event)

1 Like

Can I just ask something about this?

Couldn’t most people who got affected by the bugs did the pre-quests before the update?

For example, I did the last steps (flower+NPC) for Appraiser after the patch notes was released, didn’t even take many hours. :thinking:

Don’t take this on the bad side but if you know what you’re doing you can plan it and be fine even when things goes wrong. :thinking:

Couldn’t most people who got affected by the bugs use their fuking crystal ball :tired: ?

Appraiser prequest is not as long as Shinobi prequest, and it takes a lot of time to do that kind of quest. I wanted to do Rune Caster prequest before the update, but I had just no time to give for games, and I think sometimes people just haven’t enough time to do it, or they just can’t know IMC will screw up on things that already exist, even if it’s not the first time, we can’t know on what it will bug.

3 Likes

This event is good because it provides us with 14 opportunities to reset our characters. Derp.

Your turn, why is it bad?

1 Like

I actually prefer doing the Shinobi quest (did 3 times) over the Appraiser (did 2 times) one.

Shinobi only have one flower on 4 nearby spots to camp, Appraiser needs a full group or walking solo (which I got lucky for doing solo).

I actually started the Appraiser quest first steps (materials etc) since I saw ktos rank reset event.

As much it’s sad to have a bug, if you do plan and know what you’re doing, you can start early instead of being stuck later.

Sure, if you got affected, it’s really bad, but you could have avoided it at least for you with some planning. Guess it’s more a lesson for people take for life, lol.

Nothing was worse than doing the Miko quest when it just released :sad::tired:

3 Likes

I… don’t think that’s how it works…

Sure, you can start early and all that. But, to have something unexpected as a bug and have no response until half of an important event has gone by. I’d be impressed by anyone that has a plan for every possible mistake IMC will, has commited, or is able to predict that it will be commited.

I’m impressed at their commitment at having a risk and mitigation plan for a game.

1 Like

I’m not defending IMC about the bug nor saying you need to have a plan for others mistakes.

I’m saying for you to plan the builds you want to. If you know what class you want to play you don’t need to do the pre-quest at the last minute.

Actually, same applies for reset event, if you plan ahead and know what you want, having only 14 resets is pretty much fine as well.

Extra tip: You can search other’s (especially ktos/ktest) opinions about build interactions if you plan possible paths for your builds until the best path is decided.

1 Like

Eh that’s a lof of what if’s.

Let’s also guess that they did plan all of that, and began the execution of their plan during this week, remember everyone’s schedule is different.

I just, was not aware of this bugged quest thingy, I guess IMC will never change their slow ways.

1 Like

sigh here we go again. Here’s the thing:

• IMC made an update that changed how entire class trees work and synergize.
  • To help players adjust, they compensate with a reset event
  • players who have more than 14 characters will be forced to only adjust 14 of them at most, even though they paid for these char slots. Sure they probably won’t use all 20 chars or whatever but what if they do? Essentially IMC cucked these people.

They are not being generous by a long shot, this is a required event so players can adjust to new content so they don’t have to redo everything again. If they force a change, no matter how great that change is, and not give you adequate means to adjust to it then they are taking something away from you.

for people who can’t relate to others who need more than 14 resets imagine this instead:

>what if IMC only gave 1 reset per char to everyone?

This is almost what it feels like for people who do have more than 14 chars but worse, of course they can use multiple resets on one character but that means another one of their other chars will lose the chance to adjust.

In the near future we’re probably only gonna get a reset or two per affected class, better be very careful with those resets yeah? If you end up with a build you don’t really enjoy playing then what options are you left with?

• stop playing that char until next possibly very limited reset event
  • force yourself to “have fun” with it anyway like some delusional fanboy
  • delete and reroll
  • just stop playing

You can’t defend IMC by saying “at least they gave a reset event at all” because that’s what any modern developer is required to do if they did any massive changes to their game. What you’re defending is why there’s a limit of 14 resets per account and so far I haven’t seen any argument to it other than “at least we have resets” or “it’s enough for me so you stop whining.”

Btw there are people restricted from taking advantage of the event by bugs, like those trying to do hidden quests.There are also people who can’t log in to reset for 14 days straight so you better have a good argument to justify it for their sakes.

3 Likes

You really didn’t get my point, reread. (But I was clear, so how could you miss it…)

Can you stop saying bulshit ? You have no way to know on what next update will screw up. Why you guys are always blaming people for IMC fault o_O ? Now I remember why you stopped to post on this forum :wink:.

1 Like

I’m not blaming people for others fault. Please, improve your reading comprehension.

I’m just giving you an advice: Plan ahead, know what you want.

The bug is there but if you know what you want you won’t suffer it’s effect or at least minimize it. - A neutral statement.

And yeah, I stopped posting on forums because trolls trying to change meanings for the sake of trolling. lol

Or is it too hard for you to open a google docs spreadsheet like this?

1 Like

Because IMC shills will eat whatever IMC shits on their plate and will ask for seconds.

Better question is why people keep arguing with them.

1 Like

You can’t say “I dont want to blame people” and say “BUT” in the same sentance, then say you don’t blame people. You blame people, that’s all. And your advice are useless for people who didn’t have time, or people who don’t have a crystal ball like you.

1 Like