Tree of Savior Forum

Rank Reset Event!

whatever you say buddy

Right and when you have 4 characters, you can only test 3 to 4 builds in 2 weeks. How many class synergies can you test with that? You can’t even test all the new circles on every tree. Why can’t you test all trees everyday at the same time? What of people who can only play on weekends?

sigh I’m just really tired of people who think everyone else unsatisfied is whining irrationally.

4 Likes

Can you not figure out synergies in your head, based on the data available, without resetting?

In the months leading up to this event, I was researching the ktest changes, and forming the builds I wanted based on my experience. Anyone worth their salt in this game will do the same.

1 Like

I can, a lot of people can’t. Not a lot of people even look at the data. Not everyone reads forums, not everyone is up to date with all the changes.

This is a game, not a job. People who are unhappy and disappointed for whatever reason will leave. No one needs to prove they are worth their talt, if anything it’s IMC that needs to be more accomodating as this is their service and they are driving more people away than they are keeping. If you’re so good with data you can see clear as day that your chosen group of players is not sustainable in the long run.

Or I dunno, just enjoy the game and let people leave I guess. There must be some form of accomplishment in just taking everything IMC dishes out and be the last man standing

4 Likes

A game like this with incredible build diversity attracts players like me who love to research builds and theorycraft till their eyes fall out. I consider that the games audience. Those are the people who are going to stick around and keep playing this game. People who don’t like that will probably not continue playing.

And IMC can’t adjust the class system or make it easier for people to appreciate it?

Rank reset is just one way to let that happen that already exists. The more they expand on this class system the harder it will be for people to catch up. This is why it’s alarming to see them become stingier with handing these out.

Heck they added a rank rollback system which would have been a really good thing so new players can actually test out the next rank without making irreversible decisions but what do they do? Limit it to one rollback per rank. Now someone who reached rank 8 for the first time cannot test PD or Kabba c2, Zealot, Inquisitor and Taoist on their first character ever. They can test one circle, and hope to god the next one is good or else they’ll need to reroll all over again if they end up disappointed.

Btw you stupid blue rappy, if you have a group of satisfied people and a group of unsatisfied people it’s better to make decisions to make the unsatisfied people satisfied. If it’s enough for you and they give more, then it’s still enough for you and there’s no reason for you to become unsatisfied when more people are satsified, unless you’re just a prick.

5 Likes

We can all Agree that the game is “good” and it has a loot of things you cant find in other games but the managment in this game has alweys been terrible, they loosing players more and more and its not cuz the game is bad, (it had a terrible launch and followed by months of disconnections and instability) bad fking events whith no comunication with their comunity they keep doing “New player events” when 90% of their comunity is composed of veterans who get awarded nothing for investing time and money in this game, and the people who have 15+ alts and thousands of hours get a fking reset event limited at 1 per day, this people dont deserve our time and money, and it sad for me cuz i have played this game since cbt2 and have around 4k hours played but they just keep messing up more and more with no fix they just cant manage a game properly.

1 Like

They already adjusted the class system twice now, and disclosed exactly what they planned to do.

Would you make it easier by slapping a rank reset NPC in Klaipeda indefinitely with no cost? What would you do?

Would that be something you think would help the game, or hurt it? I think it would hurt the game overall because now your choices have no impact, and your character has no identity.

Rank resets are great when sweeping changes like this happen. 14(maybe 15?) resets during the event is plenty, and IMC has shown with the recent linker changes on KTEST that they are fine with giving out rank resets when they drastically nerf or change a class. They should continue doing that.

1 Like

Why do you have to go to such an extreme example? You can have a permanent means to reset with a sizable cost for example, like having to do a shinobi pre-quest level of pain-in-the-butt everytime you want to reset. You can also make it so players can have multiple builds on one character they can freely switch between, but add simple restrictions like cooldown times or TP costs.

IMC can do a LOT of things to improve ToS, you can love the game and still hope they can make it better not just for you but for others as well who are not quite like you.

2 Likes

To see where you draw the line, naturally. Yes, I think a reasonable solution would be to offer a rank reset for a very high TP cost.

2 Likes

Guys chill… I am taking nobody’s side here. But the main question is

WHY THEY MADE IT 1 PER ACCOUNT WHEN THEY MADE SAME EVENT BEFORE THAT WAS 1 RANK RESET PER TOON

theory craft or not, no matter how many toons I have messed up, why the change wit the EXACT SAME EVENT anyway

Returning players will see this as a LIMITATION and after the event, they will just go away again

No need to be rude. Doesnt meanif you do, otgers will too…

A game with no players = is a game that is DEAD anyway

So if I was IMC I would make strategies to retain my clients rather than push them away with sub par services

1 Like

I guess they thought that 1 per char per day was too much…

Like it or not, 14 days of resets is a good thing. This community lashes out when IMC doesn’t do things, then lashes out when they do things.

I don’t want the message to imc to be don’t do things.

2 Likes

People assuming players will leave because the event isn’t handing them out more resets than it currently is.

Its funny how far you are stretching that desire, with the steam thing and all to boot. The reason the game have been hemorrhaging players isn’t because “muh free resets”. The reason the game have been hemorrhaging players is because the game had virtually no content updates for a year and a half odd outside hidden classes and system revamps.

“But we had a spike of people with the previous reset event!” And yeah, spite all that reset bonanza, what happened? They buggered off because there was nothing for them to do, or the game wasn’t holding them enough. Clearly builds did not matter enough. And the same would happen now too, unless IMC start throwing out content at a faster pace. What we got now is maybe going to entertain people for 2-4 weeks and then especially the crowd in mention is going to go back to whatever title handholds them the best or have a successful way of dripfeeding trash content to keep people playing.

So drop the act of trying to paint it as if something different would happened if we had resets on a per char basis. Its not. Only people genuinely salty about this aren’t people who play for fun, its people who are salty because it won’t give them enough time to find what isn’t established as the OP “flavor of the month” or “meta”.

6 Likes

It’s a combination of everything. Adding content to a game with so many bugs, glitches, design flaws and management mishaps won’t save it. It’s those little things, they all contribute to killing ToS.

But the resident bootlickers will never understand this.

Of course. Dicking around with different builds once or twice a year after a major update isn’t fun at all. It’s actually the most boring thing ever.

2 Likes

That problem and the resets can go hand in hand, lack of content is what’s causing the drop in long-time players. A punishing and confusing class system will drive new and returning players away, especially if they keep being stingy in giving players the chance to adjust.

This is a rank reset thread so people are complaining about that here, it’s not like there are no complaints about slow content or lack of content (maybe not right now though since rank 9 just dropped).

Anyway, I’m personally not complaining about the 14 reset limit but more on why they chose to do that instead of what they already did before which was much more generous. Right now there are more class changes even beyond this reset event, so what’s gonna happen if they continue the trend of giving less chances to adjust? What if in 3 months they drop all those class changes and they only give a couple rank resets, or worse none at all? They need to be told that the way they handle changes and the means they give players to adjust is a cause for concern.

2 Likes

In the end all this wont matter cuz they are not even reading any of this, this has happend before it will happend again and they are going to keep loosing more and more players cuz of it, they just dont care they keep downgrading events, punishing veteran players for investing time on their game wich is stupid, look at games like Dungeon Fighter Online and Maple, and Maple has messed up bigtime in the past too, and DFO is probably one of the best managed Korean MMos out there with events that actually award you for playing the game, right now there is a event thats worth millions in ingame currency completly free, and it has one of the Steadiest playerbase on korean mmos out there, if you keep ur veteran players happy the game will succede, becouse new players will feel rewarded for more than 1 month of getting lvling boosting and then be forgothen.

1 Like

Luh… I may sound assuming but there are people who may feel that way who are not active in threads. I maybe wrong, but I could also be correct.

Am I complaining? No. I am playing for fun. I only got 8 toons myself. And I know the builds I want to have, not because they are “meta” and I am just being “salty”.

There are various factors involved in the declining population of ToS. All we can do is actually “assume” why, the rest will be known to us after the reset is done, the hype is over, and it is the same ToS like before.

And no, I am not complaining about 14 resets. It’s more than I personally need

Here’s are some arguments and counter arguments about the current reset event.

1) IMC is kind enough to do a reset event

No, players deserve a chance to adjust their characters over any major rank update. First we have a new class for each branch at rank 8 and they come along with a rank expansion, this is a huge change. Taking crafting classes as example, they already have a huge disadvantage for their natural low offense and now are granted with not only new options but a new circle to deal with it. Depriving Squires to adjust their builds to go Matador and Alchemists to get Ice Wall Combo with Rune Caster and had to figure out other ways to deal with their weaknesses, this isn’t fair to them.

Along with that 4 classes from cleric tree got major changes and players that own those classes will have to use resets on those instead of other characters. Not to mention the minor changes to classes like Schwarzer Reiter and Pyromancer that made them undesirable for some players/builds.

2) They gave us two weeks to reset characters, that’s a lot of resets you can get

If you have condition to play everyday, however you can’t ignore the fact that some people don’t have time or have conditions to play all the 14 days (not to forget that we have a holiday during the event period). Even if they manage to fit some time all the items that are already untradable and unstorable are timed for 1 day only.

These are completely pointless since not only those items are bound, thus they could last longer like a week or two, but it’s also easier to submit 14 reset pack items to the mail and allow players to reset whenever they want and/or have time to.

3) 14 Resets is (more than) enough for any player

For some it is, however part of the issue is that the event gives you reset items as a pack - you can’t adjust more than one character a day regardless of what you want to do. If IMC doesn’t want us to go nuts on changing classes why isn’t there an option to get skill and stat reset, this alone is enough for the players that are really active and know what they want from start. Just taking the fact that the game allows any account to have 30 characters is reason enough to give more than 14 resets.

4) You should know how to build properly

If so is it player’s fault that they won’t have a satisfying class for their rank 9? Such what is the case of most Dopplesoeldners that will go back to rank 2-3 classes, don’t they deserve a chance to try some other options aside the obvious ones?

Is it also the player fault that their current classes new circles might not be as good as they are being promoted and they’ll get stuck with them cause they don’t have enough chances to try? Both Musketeer and Matador got changes right after their release and Kabbalist is still being bashed over, how long will players have to wait be able to fix a misleaded choice in cases like this?

What about Guild masters that couldn’t reset their characters when Guilds changed, is it their fault that they have one extra character to reset due the system restriction?

5) There’s enough information out there to get players to know what they want

Go back to 2).

6) You can always start from zero

If you don’t mind losing transcendence, attribute points, binded items, other things (such as dyes) and going all over to rank 8-9 when most of the players are enjoying the new content. This could be soften up by having something like Class Reroll Feature! [shameless promotion].

7) Just wait till they make another reset event

As if there’s any guarantee that we’ll get one or even when it will happen, also it may be subject the same points above.

8) You weren’t suppose to use the event to test classes and builds

Then why does it favors players with less characters than dedicated ones? It’s way more dangerous to give that power to players that didn’t invested that much time in the game, they can easily reach the higher ranks test all they want and leave. Even if commited players use the event to test builds they may make new characters later on to use their favorite tested builds.

Not to forget that a lot of players have more than one account (if not they can make a new one) and so they can easily level a character to rank 9 to test builds which renders the restriction pointless for this matter.

First Update - 23/12/2017

9) They wouldn’t use their precious time and resources to design an event to a small group of players that have more than 14 characters.

It could be aceptable if they didn’t had tools address these players in the first place, it doesn’t take more than 30 min with a couple of designers to solve the issue by recycling and adjusting code. Here are some easy ways to do it without any inovation.

A) Increase Daily Limit to 2 or 3 - Same principle as Monster Tamer event that had account wise entries.
B) Split Reset pack into Rank Reset + Stat Potion and Skill Potion + Stat Potion - Present at the previous event if i’m not wrong.
C) Send extra Reset Vouchers to mail - Already done for Templar rework and also for Linker, Hoplite, Falconer and Cataphract.

The fact that they changed the event is a proof that they had some kind of discussion about character resetting, however it doesn’t seem like the considered that possibility nor cared enough to reevaluate it. Also we can’t forget that the only way to unlock slots is by buying TP unlike tokens.

I agree with restrictions to the event but i don’t think it has be that strict.

4 Likes

Inb4 reset event ends and then imc throws in ninja nerfs like last time. HUE

5 Likes

It already raises eyebrows on their stance. Selling rank resets is definitely a money-grabber for them.

Its free money but they say no for some reason
¯\ __(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes