Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

Well because it is a spearman and not a lancer. We already talked about Lance being a spear archtype for mount.

Shadowmancer

Luchador

Fortune teller

Appraiser or Pied Piper

Donā€™t take thing too literally. That can be spear, lance, pike, halberd, polearm etc

Each of them can be used on foot, or on mount, as it has been in history.

Iā€™m a cata c3 already so lancer on mount hardly affect me, but I donā€™t want another class that only operates on mount, since it limit a lot of skill builds

To be fair, ā€œLancerā€ just sounds like a cooler class than ā€œPikemanā€, although they couldā€™ve gone with ā€œLandsknekchtā€ since they primarily used pikes, that has a lot of overlap with Doppelsoldner.

However I donā€™t think them being a mounted class is ambiguous at all. All of their skills were shown using a mount, theyā€™ve never shown skill demonstrations for non-mounted classes using a mount. Plus, they seem like the kind of skills that would only be usable while mounted.

Honestly just seems like Corsair is totally thrown under the bus here. Peltasta -> Squire can go Murmillo which seems like a perfectly viable and natural transition but Hoplite -> Corsair can really only take Dragoon which is honestly pretty crappy at circle 1 and puts you a rank behind. Barb->Corsair gets ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  even harder because youā€™ll probably end up going all the way back to Fencer or Doppel or even taking Barb3.

I made a Corsair3 under the impression that the class would be improved, but it seems like itā€™s just been forgotten about instead.

1 Like

As predicted, DPS Guild Masters are bound to be deadweight soon enoughā€¦ Let the flame wars begin.

Rank 8 is the rank for Swordies, no more suffering for us, fellow melee users.

About Lancer/Murmillo discussion:

Lancer looks like a continuation of Cata3 on PvP, a class that breaks Mage lines and ground skills with the con of lacking attack skills. (damage wise)

While Murmillo is a gap-closer class that goes in like a doped shield-swordman and rekts everything on a single AOE. I mean, look at that son:

Just look at that monsterā€™s animation. Itā€™s on normal speed. :joy:

From what Iā€™m seeing, the options for Corsair 3 right now is either Shinobi and pray for Pierce (and a bunch of barb skills for barbsairs) to at least be cloned as well for the non-spearshield route, Murmillo for the PvP utility at the cost of more weapon-swapping or Doppel 1/Fencer 1 which is a pretty late choice for a r8 like dragoon 1.

Centurions, please come back Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t want you in CBT.

Itā€™s running at a high frame rate. This was probably recorded in some sort of test environment where there is no other players, monsters or skills being used that would slow the game down.

Your eyes are used to the game running slower when the numbers are flying, and thatā€™s my theory.

You canā€™t go Shinobi anyway. Pirates and ninjas are in an eternal conflict, how could you possibly be both?

1 Like

lol tough luck. the only one that has a chance of being r8 is pied piper but its unlikely xD

By being a Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot. It just has to be cool because it sounds cool and awesome right?

3 Likes

I wonder if this means fencers should go 80-100 con + rest dex, since you get such a big crit multiplier.

Also means something like Maga/Catacomb Rapier > Venier due to higher phy dmg.

1 Like

Never, even with the higher phy dmg from maga-cata.
venier would still give 2 extra level for those new skills, so even more crit multiplier, or at least more uptime in the buff itself if the multiplier is a fixed value,so in the end venier would still be better, at least without the complete information we can not really judge but i doubt that a little more phy dmg can suppress 2 extra level, even more if the skills is playing such a big factor on those numbers.

I was getting the exact opposite vibe - you get a huge crit resist debuff to make crit rate less necessary, and Iā€™m assuming from the wording that the buff is a multiplier to crit attack so youā€™d want lots of STR.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

11 Likes

These flatchests are all of legal age.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

tried it once. didnā€™t last for more than 10hrs in it. I doubt its the one you knew. XD

1 Like

Spot on
/Iā€™m not enough characters, shame/