Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

I wonder if you can use that skill with other weapons like 2 handed sword :3

i’m hoping that lancer will be mount only, but then again that makes a lot of sense to me if lancer is mount only. if foot soldier lancer can dismount mount-lancer that is all kinds of LOL

cata -> dragoon -> lancer will be the PvP meta. im happy to be a part of it lol.

2 Likes

The Korean text could be translated into either “knight” or “mounted soldier”. I opted for the former since the latter was too literal.

Lancers being mounted will just bring the cata disease again, being restricted that you have to build around what works with it instead of working together with other circles. Look at the cata builds right now, most would take them and build around what can be used while mounted which leaves little options for those who’d take Lancers if they require being mounted (Barb, corsairs will have nothing but murmillolmao by r8 because they’ll keep on being dismounted).

1-handed swords are shat on, again.

Why not?

Well, technically only corsair get the bad end of the stick. Murmillo use shield and you can use 1h sword with that.

3 Likes

Already thinking of the worst case scenario, taking murmillo 1 for the PvP utility it’ll bring for a small price of switching weapons.

I hope dragoon c2 isn’t limited to 2h spears, so at least cor2 > dragoon 2 would be a good pickup if lancers end up being mount-restricted. Corsair 3 choices are slim right now, taking doppel 1, dragoon 1, shinobi 1 or fencer 1 which just makes them regret because fencer c3 is insane.

• Avoid Fencer3 on PvP unless chain stunned/disabled
  • Rendel looks ludicrous, seems like it’s time to max its attributes.

About Murmillo:

Seems like a class that could jump in an enemy guild and make a total Mayhem by himself.

I could see my Cyclone chain stunning a enemy group and Murmillo jumping in and insta-killing everyone.

Too damn hyped.

1 Like

agreed! /twentychars

Well its pretty clear cata is the pvp class for swordie and dragoon and lancer are just continuations.

If you want to pvp roll a cata, simple as that. I had to ditch my meta hop3 as well cuz i could see some classes are just not compatible with pvp.

from the video, it seems like you need to knock down the enemy first.

We got AoE Asura Strike? GG.

what classes did u want for wiz/sword and what classes do yo want for cleric/arch, i already know all the rank 8 classes

I wonder what’s the cooldown on those thing

No, what if I wanted to roll a Rodolero or a Murmillo instead? Are they not designed for PvP as well despite their poor showing?

The thing about lancers is, they being mount-restricted would just turn them into cata c4 and that leaves the rest of those who are incompatible with it with suboptimal choices like for barbsair routes, murmillo despite the lack of interest in pvp because doppel 2 onwards is locked to 2h swords, corsair 3 lacking in any versatile options minus shinobi and dopp 1, sairgoons locked into dragoon2, etc.

Corsairs get the short end of the stick with R8, so are Squires but nobody bothers with them anyway, but yeah, mostly Corsairs.

hey did you play aura kingdom? just curios if you’re the migzzz i knew

1 Like

Nothing wrong with cata c4 tbh. Need at least 1 solid pvp path for gvg and arena.

1 Like

Someone earlier has already given a better approach to that, if that would have been what lancers were they might as well be a hidden class like chap for priests without being intrusive to those who’re asking for a r8 to build upon (Corsair) because THE issue here is not just PvP, but how little the class paths are for mostly corsairs now that your “PvP class continuation” would leave them with subpar choices because mount/2h weapon restrictions and shield-based skills, both lacking in synergy outside of PvP swapping.

Even centurion for R8 and lancers to hidden would be better (or vice-versa), at least I have more reason to be the party leader both as a sair and a cent.

Lancer will not be a hidden class (unless hidden classes get more ranks).

Anyway, I guess it’s time to put my Barbsair on hold because I’m not sure Fencer at rank 7 is the best viable option anymore.

I feel ur pain as a corsair, but maybe goon c2 is good.

Please, read. If Lancers were a hidden class they would never get any R2 hype (magic circle destroying attribute), or any preview, at all. I was stating a what if scenario and you skimmed through it.