Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

Well anyone who took pelt or rod in a fencer build seems SOL. Time to reroll.

ā€‹ā–² With this new attribute, ā€œSerpentineā€ gives a bonus of 100% to all melee physical attacks. We expect this attribute to be useful for parties where there is another warrior class character.

Looking at the description alone and the location of the skillā€™s icon alone, how is that not a debuff?

1 Like

Yea I know Epee wonā€™t be copied by the clones, but it is still very strong (based on what we see in the screenshots).

Eh, a Shinobi told me that his clones didnā€™t copy his damage with Gungho either, so pretty much all buffs wonā€™t affect clones.[quote=ā€œgtsdart1969, post:206, topic:314399, full:trueā€]
Well anyone who took pelt or rod in a fencer build seems SOL. Time to reroll.
[/quote]

???

Pelt1 is still very useful for 18% evasion from Guardian + Swash for tanking, if you want to do DPS with Epee Stance just switch to Gungho and use Epee with Arde or something.

then, for a construction based on AA to where we can orient ourselves? Lance Hoplite? 2 Hands Dopel?

still not sure
but after i read again ā€œMaybeā€ about 70% iā€™m sure itā€™s a buff
coz the description say gives ā€œaā€ bonus ?
Wthā€¦maybe like preparation ? only for 1 hit ???

are you sure ? coz gungho +phy attack barely notice like only +100 damage at level 15 with attribute

I was a pelt 3 fencer. Basicly 2 1/2 circles are now useless with fencer 3. Shield penalty. Prolly gonna take a break from the game since no energy to reroll atm.

That is what I was told, yes. Would be good to confirm this with another Shinobi.

Ah, yea Pelt3 wonā€™t work that well with Fencer3 sadly.

Which does bring up the point of a new skill making a prior skill or skills useless due to game changes. Hate to use the word circle reset, but its how im feeling right now. Oh well, will think about it after a break.

Meh, barb is gonna fall of harder and harder in the future, Iā€™d always go High.
I see barb more as a burst dps for builds that donā€™t have any other Dps choice, since barbarian offer simple numbers that hit hard for the time you get it, but fall of with enemy defense and hp scaling

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I mean, reasons for Highlander. Iā€™m thinking about barbarian because the kToS buffs that are coming next week.

for the looks of things, shield fencer is still possible, you will be able to use shield skills and to be true, no fencer ever use those skills for atk, only defense-disable, and it may still be possible to do so.
The effect they are talking about is about bonus from shield, like defense, and block rate in a normal shield.
But by the end of it i will be frank, the ones who was trying to build fencer shield build was wrong in the first place, the class it self was screaming no shield, since at rank 1 already we had a attribute to increase skill damage in 15% for skills if no shield is being equipped, of course this could only become worse once we advance to rank 2 and 3.
the clues was there,always have been.
but until real information about the skill comes out it may be too early to simple choose to stop playing.

itā€™s a stance, youā€™re probably meant to swithc back and forth with your shield.

For future value. The only lasting thing barbarian brings to the table will be the cleave debuff, and maybe that-skill-i-forgot-the-name-that-scale-with-boot-evasion. And even then itā€™s just 5 seconds of slash damage buff.

Granted, Barbarian damage will be even more overwhelming now, as a higher rank class should be; but still, with level cap increase, monster HP rising, alongside defence, and new, stronger skills appearing, that 3 circle barbarian will become just a hole in your kit

On the other hand, Highlander offers:

• A block skill without a shield, which causes a 3 second stagger alongside a pierce debuff (which, by the way, buffs bleeding damage, since it counts as piercing damage),
  • A skill that scale whith your STR(cartar stroke),
  • A bleeding skill, that counts for other characters skills,
  • Skyliner,
  • Crow , which will make your mage enemies do less damage, and your mage allies do more damage( which scales with your STR too, since the INT debuff itā€™s dependent on your STR).
    (Edit)* Forgot to mention skull swing, who just nullifies your enemy defense from Forever(enemies) to 25 seconds(bosses)

So itā€™s just plain obvious Highlander brings a much more lasting (albeit at first glance weaker) kit, and brings a greater party utility, plus, almost all skills have no stance requirement. So highlanders have a good synergy with almost any build. If you want that cleave debuff, simply go barb1 on your free rank. But alas, iā€™m still just a newbie in the game, so take my advice with a grain of talt.

2 Likes

well, barbarian also has stuns. one with a large area to hit. it also has pouncing which is continuous damage while youā€™re moving, seems to be at the normal speed too.

C1 Dragoon offers nothing that synergizes with Cata, or helps in PvP.

1 Like

Thank you bro, those are good points.

What does then?

20 chars

The enemyā€™s INT and SPR always goes to 1 independent of userā€™s STR.

iā€™m sorry to say, but to kill in pvp you would still need damage, and dragoon offer a lot of damage for pvp, even at rank 1.
there is nothing at rank 7 for cata3>x>lancer build that could offer anything better than the damage for dragoon.
the only thing that could come even close would be templar, if you want to be the guildmaster or hop2 for spearlunge to help with spear damages plus shield %block with finestra for when you are in pt or in mass pvp , and hop would only help if you ever got hop1 before.

I stand quite happily corrected