Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

ummmm…

i’m s1>pelt1>hop2>cors2>sh

i could get hop3 or cors3, but since lancer looks like a spear type, should i get it? what do you experts think?

The Lancer, which first appears at Rank 8, is a cavalry class that has powerful anti-personnel skills.

Looks like you’re outta luck there buddy…

Pure Con Fencer + Disarm + Umbo Blow Knock down.

You can run in, eat tons of damage, disarm your opponents and knock them away from their weapons.

They are teasing us with the lack of information on Murmillo skills.

All other swordsman rank 8 classes they pretty much explain all the skills that will be there. With Murmillo they only explain 3 things:

• Wearing the helmet Cassis Crista
  • Jump stun AOE
  • Shield slap (best skill ever)

They mention the skill “Head Butt” but didn’t give any more info after that.
Y u do dis IMC :frowning:

Epee stance seems OP
but still don’t know the duration
Even worst if like preparation only for 1 attack

Shinobi + Fencer c3
imagine bunshin + kunai x4 - x7 damage if critical
still you need rank 9 for that :smile:

Hmm possibly…
PVE Tank
SW1, Pelt1, Hop3, Dopp1, Drg 2
^new Meta? Not Pelt 3 though…maybe:
SW1, Pelt3, Hop2, DRG2?

PVP Tank
SW1, Pelt1 (leveling), SW2, Cata3, SW3, Lancer
^Will be so annoying, new pvp meta?

Rank 8 Swordsman in a summary
Doppelsoeldner

Fencer

and Murmillo

back to topic Fencer C3 seem promising both in PVE and PVP

7 Likes

guess there is no hope for my shin…gonna make it for material hunter instead…still got jolly roger lol

hmmm…while ur farming with jolly roger = dismounts. up to you if you choose lancer. it’s good for pvp tho…look at that spell breaking skill

meh…they only give 5sec +50% slash attack from cleave attr. but still way too lame.

Maybe if people complain enough, they can make different styles of helmets the player can choose from! :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t like the previous ones such as Fencer/Doppel/Drag etc. lol it seems like Murmillo and Lancer will have their time from now on. The only one I think will do something interesting is Dragoon C2, but unfortunately we have a bad moment with Fencers and those who went for Shinobi. ):

The question is: How will all of these classes do a noticeable damage on bosses?! I’d like to know…

Yes they kept calling Fencer a sewing machine but I wasn’t quite sure whether to take it literally when translating.

i think fencer will be better at bossing
attaque ignore pierce attack
preparation double pierce attack damage
now epee stance from screenshot like 4x-7x pierce damage on critical

Shinobi now don’t have any choice for damage increase
even going fencer c3 at rank 9 or dragoon c2
coz i think their 2 buffs ( epee stance & serpentine 100% damage ) is a BUFF not debuff so clone can’t copy it
still not sure about serpentine 100% damage but epee stance must be a buff

maybe dopple for DOV

From what I’m reading. Headbutt is a stand alone skill with a chance to stun yourself without the helmet. The helmet probably won’t be nessacary if you have immunity to the stun. Assuming it’s a lvl 1 or 2 debuff. I believe it’s also shown as the second skill used in the first Murmillo gif.

As far as everything else, it seems like it’ll be a standard class with 4 base skills. No telling if the ground AoE will require a shield though. The animation doesn’t make it look like a shield would be nessacary. Since most shield based skills make the use of a shield delibrately obvious to see. The helmet itself shouldn’t be weapon restricted either.

Honestly surprised more people aren’t happy about the passive resistance to magic and ranged attacks.

@Altariel
It fits. They make intricate needle like strikes…like a 2000 dollar sewing machine.

I am curious as well, why an Western hairy stinky foolish racist is even playing the game developed by small-eyed people?

This skill is great, but will be worst with long colltime

Spear Shinobi will definitely be locked into picking Dragoon in the end of the day for futureproofing. Serpentine at Dragoon C2 gives 100% damage to melee attacks. Kunai is a melee attack as seen in https://tos.neet.tv/skills/11205, therefore Serpentine, coupled with the Kunai + Bunshin combo might be one that seals the deal for hunting down world bosses or bosses in general. The downside is, as you might have guessed, R9 is a long long loonng way to go son.

Alternatively, I actually think Fencer C3 will be a good candidate to go Shinobi at R9, for a Rapier-nobi build.

1. C3’s Balestra Fente for a crit resist debuff, which will benefit Bunshins as well.

2. C3’s Epee Stance will drastically increase your crit damage multiplier (screenshots so up to +300%, where crit is normally at +50%), and while this will not apply to Bunshins, it is still a very strong boost to your character’s damage. Imagine 400% crits with Kunai.

3. Instead of Spear Lunge for pierce debuff, you get Attaque Coquille for defense ignore with pierce skills, which works out nicely with Kunai. You can also set up with Prep first for double damage on Kunai.

My current plan for Fencer C3 is Sw1-HL2-Pelt1-Barb1-Fencer3, if nothing else is available at R9 for rapiers, I will either go Doppel1 for Cyclone or Shinobi for the clone burst. I’ll have Cleave debuff + Moulinet + Crown and Pelt skills for Bunshin as well.

1 Like

Fencer epee stance surely a buff that won’t copy by clone

Serpentine 100% damage still not clear a buff or debuff
I believe Buff that affect your stats at F1 affect your clone too
like gungho, DOV, finestra
But not Highguard for 330% damage with umbo and rim blow CMIIW