Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 preliminary thoughts

Shinobi does pierce damage and won’t benefit much from Murmillo. This build also doesn’t have spear lunge to add 50% damage to Shinobi’s Kunai.

Essentially this build is Sword 2 > Pelt 1 > Rod 3 > Doppel 1 > Murmillo (or replacing Sword 2 with High 1). Looks like a PVP build with Restrain.

Sword 2’s Restrain now has 30% stun chance, which is still very inferior to Sword 3’s Restrain at 60% (Source)
Doppel 1’s main damage source comes from Cyclone, which is slash damage that doesn’t benefit from Murmillo’s helm buff. I guess you could stack DoV, but that would halve your defense, which is quite dangerous as you wouldn’t last that long. If you’re taking up Doppel 1, maybe throw in Barb 1 for the extra 50% damage from cleave buff?

Punish, although it looks impressive, still has its flaws.

• Still requires at least 1 enemy to be knocked down to use (useless during boss fights).
  • Still 1 hit only
  • No overheat (unless they change this).

It might be ok to get level 1 of this skill for gathering mobs, but Doppel is already short on skill points to use to warrant taking this skill higher. You’ve got DoV (15 points), Cyclone (15 points), Zucken (10 points), Redel (10 points) and the new skill Zwerchhau (5 points) to choose from, plus you gotta fit at least Zornhau level 1 in there somewhere for the shock debuff.

Again, Highlander doesn’t benefit from Murmillo’s helm buff, which only increases damage to shield skills.

Also, I would advise taking lower rank classes at rank 7. There are way more better options out there. If it’s PVP you’re after, consider Corsair c1 for Iron Hook, its usefulness is explained in my OP.

Shinobi is an easy spike in damage working with my Swordmen skills while I already have 60% Stun rate.
Far more consistent then hoping for Kunai to resolve all the troubles of the world.
As with or without Shinobi skills the Core of a CC juggernaut remains consistent, with Shinobi allowing extra burst, and then we resume our linebacking in R8 with Murmillo.
Ezpz.

This depends on whether Murmillo skills can or cannot be used without a shield.
Shinobi and Murmillo have 2 separate skillsets that don’t synergize much with each other, but it is probably the only decent choice out there at this stage, if Murmillo is not too restricted to shields.

LoL GL with 400SP skill. I would leave my zucken at low level due to astronomical SP cost.

In PVP it might be a good finisher, but yes that SP cost is terrible…

Can you use dragoon skills while having dagger offhand? Currently rank 6 corsair c2, probably going dragoon c2 in the future

Yes, look at the skill calculator.

Would that be beneficial though? Would it be better to use 2 handed spears for dragoons?

This is not an easy question to answer. It really depends on the new equipment coming out past 280, the stats on the new 2H spears / 1H spears / daggers

Hypothetically if i am still rank 5 with sword 1 pelt 1 hop 2 cors 1, should i just continue to cors 2 dragoon 2 or do you have any other recommended path?

Hop 3 for rank 6, then Dragoon 2.
The corsair 1 u got has iron hook which helps with PVP

Renamed

Sword 1 > Pelt 3 > Rodelero 3 > Murmillo 1

to PVE, I can’t see any PVP build without Corsair 1 or Cataphract 3 in it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Rank 9…Give it at least another year

you forgot that murmillo gets instant quick jump if u look at the videos… Also its still unsure what kind buffs murmillo gives to pelt / rodelero skills. Might actually change lame charge into real charge etc :smiley:

Even if u can jump next to the enemy, the stun doesn’t last long and can be countered eg. Bloodletting.

Corsair’s iron hook can’t be stopped by anything in 1v1, so any non-mounted PVP build needs to have at least Corsair 1 in it.

Not really, Between Slithering and Shield Charge, it’s not like Rodelero doesn’t have means of approaching, albeit at a slower pace then Cataphract.
Then it is a CC party.

Yeah, but if u can land Iron Hook in melee range, that gives you 9 secs of pure damage, much safer and more reliable to apply Slithering + High Kick and burst down the enemy.

For Fencer C3, I feel that Sw1-HL2-Barb1-Pelt1-Fencer3 provides much better sustained damage compared to the Barb3 variant, considering that you get to cycle between Moulinet, Cartar Stroke and Cross Cut-Skyliner combo on relatively low cooldowns.

Pouncing, while insanely strong as a burst move, also has 81s cooldown, which means you’re left with Seism + fencer skills in terms of your sustain rotation. You already get Cleave (for the debuff) at Barb C1 along with Helm Chopper for a stun.

As a side note regarding the still-far-away R9, this build also gives you the option of transiting into Shinobi since it will have access to both pierce defense ignore/damage buff (Sept Etoiles / Preparation) and slash debuff/skills (Lunge + Cleave / Moulinet) for Bunshins, making it an alternative path to the normally spear-based Shinobi builds. The HL2-Fencer3 body also provides a much better sustained dps compared to the regular Hop2 variants due to access to Flanconnade as a strong, 2-hit spammable filler.

While everything you said in theory is true, for the reality of fencer i do not think so mainly because fencer already have a very powerful slash type ability with 0 CD and also one with pierce, so in the end of it , you can even gain a little more damage in theory with higland, but in reality is not true, since it would be far more easy and cheap to upgrade the attribute of one skill than a lot of them from highland-barb and if we compare the damage wise of all the highland skills only moulinet may suppress the dps of fencer 0 cd skills, but since the cd is high it would also not work in reality.
And this is the reason why fencer does not need many “filler” damage skill, they already have a 0 cd one.
So going highlander3 or barb 3 just to maximize the effect of one or two ability is better than to try to use many of them., and with the recent barb cleave buff, i would say that barb is better than highland3.
But i’m won’t say that the build won’t work or be good, because the ability to choose shinobi later won is also true, but does not mean that it is a good choice as well, since we do not know what the next classes would be too.