Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 preliminary thoughts

Have a Sword C3, Rod, planning for Rod C3, Shinobi into Murmillo.

With the option to switch Shinobi for Dragoon in order to get 1h Spears access but I doubt that necessary.

My Doppel will obviously go C3.

how bout this one? all around striker build?

sword c1 > highlander c1/sword 2 > pelt c1 > rodel c2 > doppel c1 > rodel c3 > murmillo

mix in doppel for cyclone and Deeds of Valor, but then again i dont know how it would do in pvp since we dont have corsair

would you think doppels should get punish since it seems that it might be a decent aoe with a high multiplier if we should what would anyone drop since zuncken and redel seems to become really strong with the added hits? btw im was about to create my doppel and then this came out and i was like hell yea im doing it so would it be wise to invest into dex? i personally own 2 sissel plus i have a couple of lvl 6 greens and red but in eather case i can get 2 gladiator bands.

I’m building a swordsman with the following build:

Sword -> Highlander -> Highlander -> Rodelero -> Rodelero -> Rodelero -> X -> Murmillo.

As mentioned above Highlander C3 does not provide any decent CC pvp-wise, I’m wondering if getting sword 2 at R7 would help my build :confused:

No wonder they nerfed skyliner was my first thought. Dragoon 2 seems to be an amazing choice with that bonus 100% buff. What I will assume is that lancer skills are mounted locked based on the vids which could very well mean they’ll get an attribute that enable them to mount a companion.

Shinobi does pierce damage and won’t benefit much from Murmillo. This build also doesn’t have spear lunge to add 50% damage to Shinobi’s Kunai.

Essentially this build is Sword 2 > Pelt 1 > Rod 3 > Doppel 1 > Murmillo (or replacing Sword 2 with High 1). Looks like a PVP build with Restrain.

Sword 2’s Restrain now has 30% stun chance, which is still very inferior to Sword 3’s Restrain at 60% (Source)
Doppel 1’s main damage source comes from Cyclone, which is slash damage that doesn’t benefit from Murmillo’s helm buff. I guess you could stack DoV, but that would halve your defense, which is quite dangerous as you wouldn’t last that long. If you’re taking up Doppel 1, maybe throw in Barb 1 for the extra 50% damage from cleave buff?

Punish, although it looks impressive, still has its flaws.

• Still requires at least 1 enemy to be knocked down to use (useless during boss fights).
  • Still 1 hit only
  • No overheat (unless they change this).

It might be ok to get level 1 of this skill for gathering mobs, but Doppel is already short on skill points to use to warrant taking this skill higher. You’ve got DoV (15 points), Cyclone (15 points), Zucken (10 points), Redel (10 points) and the new skill Zwerchhau (5 points) to choose from, plus you gotta fit at least Zornhau level 1 in there somewhere for the shock debuff.

Again, Highlander doesn’t benefit from Murmillo’s helm buff, which only increases damage to shield skills.

Also, I would advise taking lower rank classes at rank 7. There are way more better options out there. If it’s PVP you’re after, consider Corsair c1 for Iron Hook, its usefulness is explained in my OP.

Shinobi is an easy spike in damage working with my Swordmen skills while I already have 60% Stun rate.
Far more consistent then hoping for Kunai to resolve all the troubles of the world.
As with or without Shinobi skills the Core of a CC juggernaut remains consistent, with Shinobi allowing extra burst, and then we resume our linebacking in R8 with Murmillo.
Ezpz.

This depends on whether Murmillo skills can or cannot be used without a shield.
Shinobi and Murmillo have 2 separate skillsets that don’t synergize much with each other, but it is probably the only decent choice out there at this stage, if Murmillo is not too restricted to shields.

LoL GL with 400SP skill. I would leave my zucken at low level due to astronomical SP cost.

In PVP it might be a good finisher, but yes that SP cost is terrible…

Can you use dragoon skills while having dagger offhand? Currently rank 6 corsair c2, probably going dragoon c2 in the future

Yes, look at the skill calculator.

Would that be beneficial though? Would it be better to use 2 handed spears for dragoons?

This is not an easy question to answer. It really depends on the new equipment coming out past 280, the stats on the new 2H spears / 1H spears / daggers

Hypothetically if i am still rank 5 with sword 1 pelt 1 hop 2 cors 1, should i just continue to cors 2 dragoon 2 or do you have any other recommended path?

Hop 3 for rank 6, then Dragoon 2.
The corsair 1 u got has iron hook which helps with PVP

Renamed

Sword 1 > Pelt 3 > Rodelero 3 > Murmillo 1

to PVE, I can’t see any PVP build without Corsair 1 or Cataphract 3 in it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Rank 9…Give it at least another year

you forgot that murmillo gets instant quick jump if u look at the videos… Also its still unsure what kind buffs murmillo gives to pelt / rodelero skills. Might actually change lame charge into real charge etc :smiley: