Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 10 class info and discussion

I wish most mobs has high damage and can cast counterspell as an aura that can break chostasmata and has bloodletting skill that works on rank 3 debuff. maybe 5 seconds duration and 30 seconds CD for both on each mobs. And mobs should have a new debuff, decrease damage by Min(.9,STR/(level x 2.5)) for physical or Min(1,INT/(level x 2.5)) for magic maybe 2 seconds and reduce healing done on the debuffed by 30%. Rank 3 Debuff. Increase mob MS to 50 for 3 seconds when aggro’ed

No I don’t. Do you even velco right?

New Dev Blog is out guys, seems like they’re giving old classes (rank 5 and 6) attributes with the Rank 10 patch comes along

Fencers will have 40% extra damage when using Fencer skills, that’s nice :heart:

I ignored the new enchant part as long as I like the new master attributes!

What’s the max cooldown reduction you can get from the new Muleta: Showdown attribute?

I’m pretty angry with the lycanthropy one. They basically ripped the melstis functionality off it so they could resell it to us in attributes.

First post updated according to today’s patch notes.

• Tooltip info for Blandir Cadena bonus damage under certain situations added
  • Over-Reinforce duration changed
  • Infernal Shadow+Joint Penalty infinite loop bug fixed (all vids previously listed are outdated now)
  • Tooltip info for Katadikadzo and Emphatic Trust updated
  • New BM3, SM3 (Linker) and Hakka gameplay vids added

Infernal Shadow looks perfect now!

3 Likes

Except for the fact it makes no sense why Shrink Body is still allowed, and that is absurdly overpowered.

Also, I heard that any Infernal Shadow copied boss counts as a “ground” monster for Shadow Thorn’s attribute, which also makes no sense and is OP.

Agree on the Shrink Body, disagree on the “ground monster” bit. Shadowmancer should have a method of triggering its most important skill attributes without relying on other class circles, provided that method is less convenient:

• Infernal Shadow is still only single target and only sees use on bosses
  • 15 second duration on a 30 second cooldown
  • requires you to stop DPSing the target in order to cast it with the potential of missing depending on how garbage your PC is

Compare that to Heavy Gravity, which has a 25 second cooldown, does damage, is AoE, doesn’t interrupt your rotation, and doesn’t require you to aim. The only plus Infernal Shadow has aside from Shrink Body is the ability to link the Shadow to the target with Joint Penalty, but I question if that should remain either.

1 Like

This is not an issue. There’s always a moment in your rotation where downtime exists, especially when Shadow Thorn is coming off cooldown. It takes less than 4 seconds to get out 4 Shadow Thorns, which means you can pop Infernal Shadow pretty much as soon as it comes off cooldown as long as Shadow Thorn is 11 seconds or less left on its cooldown, and it will be up in time for you to throw out your thorns.

This is a huge gain, but there is also the fact that with Divine Might, 120% of damage is redirected, which is a 20% multiplicative damage boost. This is absurd. It is an insane skill not only for yourself, but if a Shadowmancer is anywhere in the area (especially on world bosses), it’s going to change the game into everyone just beating up a shadow while the boss is off who knows where. You could have a tank with Zaura off in some corner and just have two Shadowmancers cycle pulling shadows out of it while everyone does 20% more damage in complete safety. You could even get 5 Shadowmancers and have 5 shadows of the boss, joint penalty them all together, and spam Shadow Conjuration. This is only like bare minimum levels of abuse… bring other classes into the equation and I’m sure there’s much more you can do. I originally thought this skill wouldn’t work on bosses, and IMC decided it should, so they really need to make sure it’s balanced or else people are going to break it.

While I believe it makes no sense that I can make a shadow of a flying bird and it’s suddenly a ground monster, this one I would be willing to let slide just because you get free ground Shadow Thorns on every other Shadow Thorn cooldown. It’s not that bad and it’s a neat mechanic (though two Shadowmancers completely gets around this).

However, I still stand by that the ability to use Shrink Body is overpowered beyond all reason and really needs to be nerfed, or else we are going to be seeing Shadowmancers on every boss and some extremely fast kills. This is especially stupid due to no hit count limit; it will be up 100% on world bosses, and even for low man content like Velcoffer, bringing two Shadowmancers is suddenly extremely appealing. It also forces every Shadowmancer to include Thaumaturge in their build, because it is the single greatest support/damage circle you can choose.

His name is Kartas. Verified through datamining.

3 Likes

I’d rather they just make the shadow have same immunity like boss. Boss no longer immune to JP but I think it’s fine because of hit count. And we can create some sense that the boss’s shadow considered as ground as shadow is always part of ground.

1 Like

Would you say that Enchant Earth is even worth the point investment as Enchanter C3,given the block cap?

I’m thinking of distributing the skills for Rank 10 the following way:

Enchant Lightning : 15
Agility: 15
Lightning Hands: 10
Overreinforce: 5

Since we can have access to level 17 Arcane Energy Scrolls at Rank 10, I doubt having Enchant Earth over Agility would provide any benefit for the party (except to some individuals who don’t wear a shield),
providing everyone with an increased chance to actually evade an attack (evasion is way harder to cap out, so it’s way more effective to avoid physical damage).

Maybe I’ll sacrifice 1 point in Lightning Hands for Enchant Earth for the base block effect…

How many users are even close to capping their block anyways? Definitely minority. And there are still plenty of 2 handed users, particularly Staff. Agility formula is so tragic that I would only put 1 point in it for the speed attribute. At 200 STA, you are only getting 3% extra chance to dodge at Lv 15.

2 Likes

Alright so Enchant Earth or Agility??? :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::scream::joy:

Interesting insight. This could easily be remedied, though, by giving the Shadowed Boss a non-stacking debuff on which runs on the skill’s internal timer that prevents it from being shadowed until the timer runs out.

An alternative way to do it is to give the shadow a fixed race and element regardless of the boss (Demon-Dark, for example), make them ground type, and otherwise give it status effect immunity like ordinary bosses (except maybe Link). What this does is that it forces the Shadowmancer (and, likely, only the Shadowmancer) to spec into specific equips to take down bosses, such as Unicorn cards, much in the same way Druid specs into Illiswort without forcing the rest of the classes in a party to build around one character.

The chance is actually higher. Someone who tested it a while back said that it’s about 10 times as high as previously estimated&stated in the description, so Agility 15 would be ± 30% extra dodge chance with 200 Stamina.

You can easily come close to it. 65% block chance is possible if you have around 250 CON from equips and/or base stats. In total you need about 460 CON to cap block at raid bosses, and around 380 total CON for capping block at Demon Lords if you use a level 15 Alchemist Block Potion.

This doesn’t include the Enchant Jewel block rate boost, which reduces the overall CON requirement ,too.
I also left out block boni from subweapon[i.e. shields] and blue gems in them.

I was very interested in this part
NEW! [C3 Attribute] Warlock: Darkness (Character Rank 10+)

When using Dark property skills, generates additional Dark property damage in a value equal to a percentage (proportional to attribute level) of the caster’s maximum magic attack. Applies to all Dark property skills, regardless of class.

When using any Dark property skill:
Lv 1
Added Dark damage equal to 2% of max. magic attack
Lv 5
Added Dark damage equal to 10% of max. magic attack
Lv 10 (max.)
Added Dark damage equal to 20% of max. magic attack
Magic attack weapons don’t normally have random damage deviations, but equipping Red Gems can increase their maximum attack.

I thought of 3 possibilities …

1 - need to have max magic atack deviation, that is, put at least 1 red gem in the weapon, max chande attack will be applied in 50% damage and then the extra 20% would only be added in 50% of cases.

2 - If you do not have max magic attack your magic standard attack and the max attack will soon be applied 100% of the time

3 - Eh applied at max literal attack, for example, if the sum of 5 red gems give 1000 of max damage when you use a dark skill will be added + 20% to those 1000, ie max damage increases to 1200.

Has anyone understood otherwise? What is your opinion?

They just mention the red gems to explain why magic would have a “maximum” matk, while magic weapons alone have no variation by default.

Regarding the attribute itself, from what i understand it is a passive “Enchant Dark”, that only works for dark skills.

With 10k matk each hit of your dark skills would do 2k extra dark property damage (20% of max matk).

Just another trap attribute for Warlock. Not like it needs something new to compete with the R8 classes anyway.

Someone who tested it a while back said that it’s about 10 times as high as previously estimated&stated in the description

I’m not convinced, but Agil 15 with very high STA should be easy enough to test out this accuracy, so I’ll wait for more info.

65% block chance is possible if you have around 250 CON from equips and/or base stats. In total you need about 460 CON to cap block at raid bosses, and around 380 total CON for capping block at Demon Lords if you use a level 15 Alchemist Block Potion.

Please tell me how you arrive at these values with the ^0.7 in the formula. My calculations can’t even come close to what you are saying. (Edit: I shall assume your Lv 15 potion applies to everything instead of just demon lords). And furthermore you are just describing how to get more block, to which the majority focus on their damage instead, or simply have no ability to (all 2 handed users and all non-shield subweapon users).

First of all, you have at least 99 base block rate at level 390. Level 15 Block Potion adds 260 block rate.
if you add extra 10 base CON (quests, titles, collections) and 250 equipment CON, you get additional 208 block rate. That’s 567 block rate.

Now, we take Velcoffer as an endgame estimate to estimate the endgame relation between Bosses at the same level as the character with their block penetration/base block ratio.

Velcoffer has 186 block penetration. At level 360 you have at least 91 base block (Wizard has the lowest base CON), this means we can expect around 95 more block penetration than base block rate.

For 99 base block at 390, we’d get a block penetration of 194 block penetration.
567-194 = 373 block rate. 373^0.7 = 63,12 % block chance.

if you add a single Molich card, you’re already at 65%.

If they get Enchant Earth lvl 1, they can block all they want with the block they get from their equipment.
That’s why I say on Enchanter, it’s better to add to Agility than Enchant Earth.

The actual gain is pretty small if you up Enchant Earth. With Divine Might you already have +9% block chance.
65+9% = 74% block chance without any shield.

imagine leveling Enchant Earth, at level 5 you’ll already have 80% block chance [= cap] for those low CON people, upping further would add only more boost for people without any CON.

That’s stupid to assume people have no CON at all and still impose on parties for endgame like Velcoffer while not proposing any alternative (e.g. Life Line to get the CON from other people). Endgame content is the only content where block matters anyway.

I’ll test Agility at Rank 10 for myself(currently reset it away for the sake of the Enchant Shop to earn money), but even if it isn’t that great, it’s still better than adding not even 1% more block chance for leveling Enchant Earth beyond lvl 1.