Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 10 class info and discussion

@nxscythelynz

Wugu Rogue Musketeer - CM
Sapper3 Rogue Musketeer3 - Velcoffer
Sapper Musketeer - Dungeon 330 Boss

@STAFF_Amy, @STAFF_Yuri, @STAFF_Ines, @STAFF_Bob, @STAFF_Letitia, @STAFF_Ethan

With Rank 10 coming next week on iToS, Iā€™d like the staffs to pass this question on to the developers, please.
The reitiarius is already broken and extremely OverPower, and the TBL is totally empty and the disinterested players because of the lack of balance in some classes like: Sage, Reitiarius, Druid ā€¦ Will you launch Rank 10 further increasing the imbalance? Are they really going to make Reitiarius rete give silence and pull Featherfoot and Falconer down? Is it already absurd for a skill to take out the enemy shield, and still make things worse? Want to destroy the game instead?
This 10 rank is the big chance IMC to save the game.

TBL is already broken - it needs a full revamp to fix it including gear rebalance, rewards, times, etc.

r10 wont be solving those problems in 1 weekā€™s time, it is fundamentally broken.

5 Likes

Fix/Remove anvil enhancement first, then it will be easier to balance the classes.

7 Likes

Neutral Equipment for TBL/PVP and then we can talk about class balance or both, idc

9 Likes

Neutral gear dont make sense in an mmo.
You play/Pay to get better gear pvp/gvg players wouldnt care about pve anymore.

Just put a F****** cap und enhancement and nerf block (Hard).
Wiz cls need a nerf in pvp too.

I played ro for 14 years mostly for woe/pvp without the need to get new gear i would quit years ago.

2 Likes

You need to play more games. Thereā€™s a good amount of games that uses neutral or specific PvP gear in PvP content and itā€™s much better.

And thatā€™s one of the reasons TBL is a wasteland. Those players are forced to suffer through hundreds or thousands hours doing PvE content to gear up their characters and be able to enjoy what they like to do in a MMO. Itā€™s also bad for players that like doing PvP with more than one character, since they have to gear up each character.

Compared to the current days, I miss the ā€œoldā€ times when our biggest concern was having a Diev Kabba Inqui in the opposing team in TBL.

2 Likes

I do agree that tbl is broken butā€¦this is not a topic for discuss that, or it is? I came here to found new videos and some others stuff :frowning:
Please, create a especific topic for that, and i promised to help get lounder!

Definitely not, PvP has many factors that help determine a victory and itā€™s super important which factors contribute the most. Majority donā€™t want a game where you can win every game off class or gear despite being a no skill scrub yourself.

Some of the many factors that contribute are

Skill: A players ability to react, aim and move quickly and accurately
Knowledge: A players understanding of game mechanics, classes, stats, and sometimes even their opponents or themselves.
Gear: The obvious strength of the player sure but also an extension of the players knowledge in many cases, which stats you choose, what effects you get, these are a huge part of increasing the knowledge aspect
Class: How strong a class is and what it counters, or how unfair it is in comparison to other classes, so in ToS Wizards and Cataphracts
Numbers: Worst of all the amount of players. 1v2 1v5 1v10. Happens in every game and the best way to lower itā€™s effectiveness is to increase the role Skill and Knowledge play. The least fun way to lose a game is to a horde of garbage that individually you are far better than.

I left a few things out that play less of a role like luck and such but lets examine what happens when you apply equalized gear to ToS. I donā€™t have many other players memorizes since they mostly arenā€™t all that serious about PvP, so letā€™s use my BM for now for this thought.

I have all my points in CON and some CON rolled on my gear but I have a ton of STR and DEX rolled as well, I come to about 100k hp (little over) and around 200 STR (+50ish accuracy from a purple stat) and about 300 DEX.

With my current stats I land about 10% of smash bullets on a target with a simular investment and shield equipped. I also land about 25% of smash bullets on full DEX PvE players.

Now say they equalized the gear theyā€™re probably not gonna give everyone 50+ of every stat per gear, because developers never go this way, instead what is most likely is Solmiki sets, or a blank Set with no rolls on it, just the stats that are effected by trans and enhancement. In either case of those, my 10% and 25% will drop to like 2% Thatā€™s not just me though, every physical class would have this issue, the invested CON adds so much block and without being given access to the counter stats, despite the fact that players would lose about 300 CON, theyā€™d still have an advantage of 360 over the other players STR and DEX. Now a PvE build could be used but then youā€™d have the pathetic HP pools that result in one-shotting through your trans 10 gear. (Or being one shot by someone with a transless weapon.)

That equalization, kills a decision you make that allows you to remain somewhat relevant. Equalized gear in ToS would make it so Wizard is the only playable class (Maybe Cleric Mages like Taoist/Krivis and then ofc the obvious Cataphract Lancer)

I used to play Tera, and when the main PvP became equalized the game died, fast. Nobody wanted to queue 3v3 without stun reduction on their gear, healers being such low endurance made them take too much damage. It took less than a month for all the big names to disappear and then when all the good players were gone the ā€œnoobsā€ had nobody to look up to, so why bother.

Back in those days I could queue for any of the battlegrounds and get in within 10 mins tops, it became so bad just off equalized gear that you COULD NOT get into battlegrounds and they eventually introduced a fix which is still in place to this day, if you want to queue for a BG you queue for a specific one based on the day. Because it gets increased prizes. I logged in recently, queued for Corsairs Stronghold (content not relevant) and did like 5 games, the very next day I queued for it again, hour later I still wasnā€™t in a match, asked global, and they said it was Fraywind day.

This is the result of EQ gear. Stop dumbing the game down, MMOs are not meant to cater to casual audiences and the fact that they didnā€™t in the past is a huge reason why they were able to have such success. Why they were the best place to get PvP.

To be clear, all IMC are proposing to do is normalize attack and defense from gear. The stats meta would still exist, so there would still be a level of gear investment necessary to perform in PVP.

Normalizing attack and defense would serve to eliminate the power creep issue, so IMC can focus on balancing damage output and healing from skills.

I donā€™t think anyone is for a perfectly homogenized PVP environment in an MMO, if you want that then play a fighting game or pick up DOTA

1 Like

Sorry for being rude, but you donā€™t really know what youā€™re talking about. IMC plans to remove bonus effects from anvil enhancement and transcendence. Sub-stats and set effects would still apply.

And a bad example like Tera isnā€™t an argument. You probably never played games such as Blade & Soul, Dragon Nest or Guild Wars 2 to see how to properly implement normalized gear or PvP gear.

The arrival of Rank 10 will only aggravate the issues the PvP in this game has since the power creep is always getting worse.

5 Likes

MMOs used to be about PvP, until PvEā€™rs took over and ruined it for us, not accepting that is fine. Itā€™s not wrong to want back what was taken from us. I shouldnā€™t have to move on to completely different game types to get the same sort of experience I did a decade ago. Itā€™s bad enough I even have to move on to new games.

Fighting Games and MOBAs have done a lot of things well but those things theyā€™ve done well can be done in MMOs to.

@Pokeart Yes I came to this thread and yours was the comment it showed me, figured I had read everything above it and so didnā€™t understand the full context of this situation, just saw your comment which was stating what I know to be lies.

I have played all of those games to some degree, Dragons Nest I didnā€™t play long enough to even try the PvP, it was complete garbage.

BnS has itā€™s own issues that stop the EQ gear from ever being worth thinking about. GW2 is not even remotely a skill based game, itā€™s PvP is decided by class and numbers and that makes it a huge mess that nobody should ever care if itā€™s EQ or not, itā€™s basically a game solely dedicated to providing PvE players an experience that they can identify as PvP.

Wait, what? So MMOs are only for PVPers, and the PVE player, even if majority, took it from you? What?

MMOs are about bothā€¦ you canā€™t say it was only for PVPā€¦ unless I lost something in the last 30 years of MMOsā€¦

Can we please stay on topic? Rank 10 class info
Tia

6 Likes

Not what I said, it used to be a mix of both, but a vicious cycle of PvE focused decisions by developers along with the rise of other good PvP options (FPS, MOBA, Fighting Games, Battle Royale) caused the large PvP player base to quit their games, which made developers further focus on PvE. If you have no PvP community, why focus on PvP they think.

you seem to be forgetting that fps, fighting games, moba were all in existence prior to MMOs as a genre

1 Like

Back to the topic, Velcoffer being defeated in 3 min:

Pretty good coordination with the Kabbalist and the Linker.

4 Likes

Hmm Linker3-RC-Chrono3-Warlock1?

How long Mastema holy debuff work?

Does it work with Blind Faith?

Feels like Warlock1 also a good choice for support.

I was unaware that MOBAs came before MMOs and I still donā€™t quite believe it, but yes FPS and Fighting Games did exist before MMOs. FPS was mostly just console though, made it a lot less competitive especially since of all the options itā€™s the one that appeals to the least amount of competitive players (I think) Fighting games were always popular and even without online play, players made opportunity for PvP.

Just became they came before MMOs doesnā€™t mean they didnā€™t grow after though.

DOTA (defense of the ancients) was a UMS (use map settings) mod of Warcraft 3.

uhh - Quake 2 and even Quake 3 Arena existed way before MMOs, Q3A did come up after Ultima Online but thats digging way deep into the past, when MMOs were a fringe thing and not in the mainstream.

1 Like