Tree of Savior Forum

R8 Swordsman Skills Translation

Well, don’t get your hopes up much, while the damage can be good and stuff, its only good against bad bosses, I still wouldn’t see a full swordy+cleric party viable for ET, especially when it comes to mobing…

But yeah bossing potential at high risk is what I wanted to see DPS swordsman builds as, glad it became true, even if its for a short time only maybe…

And this only goes for R8, R7 and below is still trashy…

At least you can be sure swordsman won’t fill all the party slots, other classes will still be required for either their safe range DPS, healing or AOE, so unlike archer/wizard/cleric currently, this “change” doesn’t make other classes useless (except for some other swordy builds, which is still a sad thing).

1 Like

They do seem to overact a little, remember the guardian changes and how people just deleted there characters? Unless people have actually done that in itos, which I haven’t seen, all we’ve done is complain right?

1 Like

I fu**ed myself, my sword build is sword1 pelt1 hop3
my char is based on the block with con > str > dex a tank build

I intend to take dopel2 on rank 7 but the rank 8 will not have even a class that matches. Or dopel1 dragon1 rank6 and 7

hoplite is based on one handed spear and shield however, all lancer skills are for two handed spear and murmillo all skill are for one handed sword or sword + shield

the best solution would be dopel 1 dragon 1 dragon 2?
however dragon without the mount is not too bad?

what should I do? delete this char? …

RIP hop 3 and corsair3 !!

Yes. It is good.

/20202020202020

No, just see the previous and so on dragon was made to be the unmounted spear for late ranks so just go for dragon2, you will have fair great dps than than a dragoon who is cata, because with the spear lunge+dov5+plus the new buff from dragoon 2 will make the burst a lot stronger, and do not forget that all hoplite skills beside the one that needs a shield can be use with 2 hand spear as well, and you will also gain a extra 20% damage bonus against large mobs and 10% against bosses using a 2 hand spear(dragon passive), plus the 10% that 2handspear already have because is 2hand.
so to make it simple the build hoplite3-doppel-dragon2 is by far the strongest DPS build with spear, with the release of rank8.
to be true i would now feel bad for the dragons who is catagoon and mostly the ones who likes to use one hand spear, since they would loose not only the 20% damage from the passive plus spear lunge, so they are the ones who is ■■■■■■ up right now.

@valkren9 too

Also check out this thread if u haven’t done so already:

So, Doppel is in a better spot than Fencer in PvP?

umm no…why would u think that?

Fencer’s crits are insane and they have that disarm skill for PVP to make opponents lose their weapon.

What does doppel 3 have? Fake multi-hits and some call it “bugged damage”

Doppel 3 vids:

http://blog.naver.com/king_sop/220792022834

http://blog.naver.com/king_sop/220792027332

http://blog.naver.com/king_sop/220792028193

@GoldenCross @danielnito007 @Destructivo @MattBR @KnightXlll @migzzz @EternalDream

EDIT: now i saw the guy got 10 DOV stacks in the last 2 videos. but duno how much that afect the dmg. but the first video is without DOV

2 Likes

I know about these already.

The problem is Doppel’s numbers still can’t compare with dragoon’s double damage stacked with pierce vulnerability or fencer’s epee stance crits plus 0cd spam skills.

Edit: yeah and as u mentioned, 10 stacks dov to achieve this, not something u can keep up continuously in practice unless u have an unlimited supply of mushrooms. It’s also not practical as u’re likely to be dead before u do any real damage

Spear lunge is just 50% more damage. It’s significant in PvE yes. But not for PvP cuz you won’t really be able to connect with spear lunge. It’s hard enough trying to hit with it in PvE lol.

DOV lvl 10 = double damage.

Well, it doesn’t seems fake 3 hits and in slow motion I see more than 10 hits in Redel. What do you think, guys?

PS. Yes, he used Zucken too.

well, the topic seems to be about rank 8 , not PVP “only” so i find it a valid reason to point out in the damage loss given by spear lunge, but i know the difficulty of using it in PVP and i can agree that most people would skip spear lunge bonus for PVP, but again the game is not only pvp and many players also like to play with cata for PVE as well.
i have knew some that do not even like pvp but play with cata because he is a fan of mounted character and i also have a sw3cata3dragoon and a sw1petalhopcatagoon as well that uses mainly one hand spear with shield for a tank-hybrid that i use for PVE because i simple like to Run too.

DOV 10 = double physical base dmg from weapon + str right? not all dmg x2
and its like 12-15 hits from redel not 10, cool

yes, but now they already have made a fix to dov15 where defense can not go negative, so going with dov15 may be a nice thing in the long run, even if this means to skip one points with one of the other skills.

I play for PvP only and I hate mounted characters. It’d be so easier if I liked catas…

how many characters do you have man?

lolz and all ur chars higher level than me I think.

I just got no time to play.

right now i have a sw3catagoon, catarank6 and fencer2 who is high level, and i have some in the range from 100-200 as well, but only 3 who is 200+
i do not play all day as well, it is that when we had the first datamining about rank8, i stopped my current main that is rank6 cata, and started farming money or doing alts, to test things, until rank8 was released, so just now i have start to level him again, and got only 2 lvls in 2 days,so this shows how much hours i play a day.
but on the bright side, i farmed 2 sissel 2 max peta, and some gold for attributes in the time i was not gaining level.

well if you play pvp only i would not recommend swordsman at all, at best he can do fine, but still is fair weak in the long run, i can say that because i have playing in high rank pvp on league since weak 1, i was rank13 in the last pvp round this week , but since i arrive late everyday i can only play one hour of pvp a day, so i do not know if i still at top20, i will check again and edit this if i had lost my ranking.
but if you do not like cata i would recommend for petalhop2corsair2dragon2
some may say that sw2 would be better but the reality is not because the swash giving 25% hp and the new guardian is a very nice thing to have, fair better than restrain since corsair do not have many utility for it.
you could choice also shinobi for pvp only because of the invi that would allow for a better close range hook but would loose a lot in the long run, since as you can see rank8 is simple too strong to pass, but corsair2 does already a very nice job and once you learn how to hook well, you will be able to kill almost everyone who have less than 20k hp, with you skill rotation in a close range hook.
a tip for a corsair pvp is, do not always go for the close range hook, mainly at the start of the match simple keep the distance and try to hook the enemy or save a friend if they rush on your team, once the enemy team have been down to 2 or 3 person is safe to try a close range hook .

1 Like

I know swordies are not the best but it’s the class I have fun playing with. I had a Cryokino and a Diev and I had no fun at all. I’m only 210/6 with main but I can pvp alright. No max petamion, attributes or fancy equipment but I’m always around top 50-150. I like disabling enemies and Iron Hook makes me have a great time with Corsair.[quote=“nery_ma, post:220, topic:321914”]
but if you do not like cata i would recommend for petalhop2corsair2dragon2
[/quote]

I was going with that but I don’t know how that would work with ~150dex. Most hop builds go high str/low dex due to Finestra and all. I do love this build since you get Spear Lunge and Long Stride so you can hook and still avoid AoE spells. @sttr413 is constantly uploading his TBL experience I really like his vids since his playstyle is close to mine (except for the fact that I hate missing hits and not dodging stuff). I’m currently working on a Fencer3 since I like shields (“block op”) and Fencer has spammable skills. Corsairgoon2 seem to have few good skills (besides the ones in Hoplite circle, I’d say Hexen Dropper, Serpentine e Dethrone only) while Fencer 3 seems “complete”. Dethrone range is very tempting though.

Nah. Quest is too boring/long, people say bombs are expensive and invis is pretty buggy. I mean, I hook invis people (scout) if I swash buckle and I see that protection from status ailment box around the char moving [Bloodletting]. [quote=“nery_ma, post:220, topic:321914”]
corsair2 does already a very nice job and once you learn how to hook well, you will be able to kill almost everyone who have less than 20k hp, with you skill rotation in a close range hook.
[/quote]

Yup, I can kill most archers with Hexen Dropper 2x. No pierce debuff or att. I just need to hit them hehehe

Nah, I stay in the backline with wizards and clerics. I keep them alive and they keep me alive. I only hook at melee range if I know their team is not gonna come towards me.

Honestly, I’d make a corsairgoon if I was sure there was no nerf coming in the next couple of months and if I had feedback on 100+ dex hoplite based builds. This build is the more tempting choice for me but Fencer feels safer. You just made me want to go hoplite with the toon I created yesterday (about to get rank 3). :smile_cat:

Looks like he’s also using glass mole cards or whichever give patk when consuming an sp potion.

1 Like