Tree of Savior Forum

R8 Swordsman Skills Translation

lol will be 2580 sorry for the error

Zucken hits 4 times redel hits 5 times.

thanks for the notice

Ok, since you asked for it so much, hereā€™s the best video I can find:

http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/convertIframeTag.nhn?vid=411E666D90C6AD24661CBB9EAD3D6B3A7A4A&outKey=V123d501301d3da390c4ff6cff91b91f7aaec843df4d1a7f5847cf6cff91b91f7aaec&width=1280&height=720

Note that this is one cycle of Doppel skills (excluding cyclone). After this, Doppel needs to wait until the cooldowns are up

Compare this with Dragoon and Fencer in this video:

Fencers can literally spam skills nonstop and Dragoons are just ridiculous damage.

If I get more Doppel vids Iā€™ll keep posting

That probably goes for solo play only, I believe you can still build a swordy party and have fencer & doppel deal more damage than Dragoon as long as the serpentine debuff is active.

As for the Dragoon deal, even with the C2 attribute & Dethrone, I still see it as a bossing party class, that can solo bosses pretty well solo, but it should be more or less the worst when it comes to mobingā€¦

In my opinion, while other R8/R7 C2 classes got like 2~5 skills that deal 7k~ damage on each with low cooldown and overheat charges, I find Dethrone somewhat balanced (minus the cooldown, if it was 30sec or so it would have been better, although that would give the user even less skills to use for a rotation, but at least it wonā€™t be a single skill doing everything), and while it is OP now due to 2 hits & 16k damage at Lv5, it might not be that op once we get R9, but then again that should also open the flood gate to Dragoonā€™s most OP skill, probablyā€¦

i alredy saw those xD, fencer has 0cd skils xD and fencer is doing double dmg cus dragoons debuff.

i think ill wait some more days to see the reddit guy stream =)
but my bet is with doppel as the best overal (mobbing and boss) dps swordsman

well i just state the dps for solo

if you need dragoon to out damage him its just wrong to compare with

its the same with spear user is best if some highlander use crossguard

:sweat_smile:

did u see the doppel one already? If u missed it itā€™s here:

http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/convertIframeTag.nhn?vid=411E666D90C6AD24661CBB9EAD3D6B3A7A4A&outKey=V123d501301d3da390c4ff6cff91b91f7aaec843df4d1a7f5847cf6cff91b91f7aaec&width=1280&height=720

I donā€™t see how is that wrong if it helps dealing more damage, would you rather 2 fencers or 2 dragoons or 1 fencer 1 dragoon in a party?

As far as it goes, for solo, 1 dragoon > 1 fencer, so having 2 fencers is worse than 2 dragoons, 2 dragoons wonā€™t benefit each others that much (while they can still somewhat uptime serpentine debuff), 1 dragoon & 1 fencer will most likely deal the most damage overall due to having a dragoon dealing okay damage and boosting fencer to deal more.

its the same with spear user is best if some highlander use crossguard

Not really? can highlander outdamage spear user in solo? can spear user outdamage highlander if crossguard debuff magically works, which is far from being the same deal as serpentine attributeā€¦

Youā€™re taking it from the point of having a dragoon doing nothing but helping the fencer while its not the case, the dragoon deals damage AND boost the fencerā€™s damage to deal more, they donā€™t need to ā€œguardā€ or waste DPS to help the fencer, they just do it while they are dealing damage themselves.

i saw a lot of doppel ones xD actually that was the first video i saw, yesterday xD
the same guy made another one 1 min long, but he miss a lot of skills and combos so doesnt count, but he gets 20k+ / hit with cyclone (without cleave or the other zsasaahsuasuza skill)

actually the debuff works everytime lol for 8 secs. buuuut i believe the best PT have fencer + dragoon + doppel.

one use cross guard + skull swing, the other use serpentine. this probably is going to be the best boss party lol

Well going inside the kTOS swordsman board:

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?name=subject&keyword=ė„ķŽ &x=27&y=10&come_idx=4195&iskin=&mskin=&p=1&query=list&my=&category=&sort=PID&orderby=&sterm=

Doing a quick google translate of Doppel discussion reveals many comments such as s***, gutter, the end, donā€™t bother, etc.

Kind of sad to be honest, killing off sword builds and forcing swordies into spear / rapiers.

Yep, I agree.

Its for the best to have 3 different classes synchronizing with each others than 3 of the same class.

After all, dragoon C2 is only better in solo, if they share the debuff with others, they most likely deal way less damage, in addition to that, they can also make profit of other debuffs

Swordy DPS party anyone? future Dragoon C2 here :wink:

might still not be the best thing for mobing tho ;_; unless doppel attribute help that much on it

duno, id have to test/see it for myself, as i said, most ktos doppel i see in youtube are bad players lol
if u want to check for the latest videos u can type ā€œTOSā€ and go in the most recent ones

future doppel 3 here xD i had to restart (again) cus they changed so many skills since last time i played

Same, had to go for a party bossing future-proof build, but I didnā€™t really lose progress since my cata3 helped me grind all my gear so far.

really hope they are talking about the c3 skills (cus that looks like they sck, only the debuff worth 1 point) not overal damage

If itā€™s only 1 or 2 comments I wouldnā€™t be too worried about it.

But u got a board full of threads like this, I went through at least 10 threads asking about Doppel and all were like this.

Donā€™t get your hopes up too muchā€¦

1 Like

let the koreans do some noise and lets see what happens loool

Well, donā€™t get your hopes up much, while the damage can be good and stuff, its only good against bad bosses, I still wouldnā€™t see a full swordy+cleric party viable for ET, especially when it comes to mobingā€¦

But yeah bossing potential at high risk is what I wanted to see DPS swordsman builds as, glad it became true, even if its for a short time only maybeā€¦

And this only goes for R8, R7 and below is still trashyā€¦

At least you can be sure swordsman wonā€™t fill all the party slots, other classes will still be required for either their safe range DPS, healing or AOE, so unlike archer/wizard/cleric currently, this ā€œchangeā€ doesnā€™t make other classes useless (except for some other swordy builds, which is still a sad thing).

1 Like