Tree of Savior Forum

Quitting After Having My Character Ruined

There’s a quest you have to do to get Practonium—an item used to create a lot of the best weapons in the game. The quest yields a cube with a small chance of containing the item. For some reason I can’t imagine, you decided to put a timer on this cube after which it becomes unusable. There is no way to obtain another cube. If the cube expires your character is ruined. There is no instruction for how to use the cube in the item description or any warning that you will be screwed if it expires. I spent weeks building this character and forgave so many glaring flaws along the way, but this is just over the top. I quit, and I encourage anyone reading this to quit as well. The longer you spend building a character in this game, the more disappointed and frustrated you’re going to be when you happen across a fatal game design flaw that permanently negates all that effort.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Be careful, White Knight shitstorm comming.

4 Likes

Not being an exactly white knight, but you can pretty much buy the weapon with time. It will take longer than getting from the cube or could be earlier.

Make silver selling stuff or simple keep doing saalus till you get enough shards to trade for it.

Options have some, it’s just a question if wanting to do.

I do agree tho, this thing of timed items, specially one of importance for many, is a pretty stupid design.

1 Like

how much shards is needed for an trade ?

There is another way to obtain the cube. Be part of a lvl 12 guild, do raids, and do the quests for absidium ores and pieces of paper. I got my second cube on 1 char recently. And there are quite a few lvl 12+ guilds, on most servers I believe. You can also get full practoniums from guild raids 13+.

Also, purple tier gear from 315 (like 320 HG), which is also hard to get and as powerful as 1 practo weapons in many cases.

I agree with you that the timer on Unstable cube makes no sense and should’ve never been implemented. I also lost one cube that way.

1 Like

Hell would I know, that is why I said it may take a long time to complete the right amount.

Or he could simple try farm the items with highest price in market as of now, even material is fine, I used to make 10mil/week (it’s not much but it’s something) selling material.

As I said, there are options. And I’m not even listing the real money one.

1. Knows how to do secret, non-intuitive quest that could only be done with other players help - most likely read a guide.

2. Doesn’t know/reads about the huge effin warning in every source of information about the quest that explains the expiration on the unstable cube.

Like, ???

The design is ■■■■ but really, we are almost a year into rank 8 and people are still letting their cubes expire. Despite all the warnings in all the guides. Despite it being common knowledge for any player that played for over a week.

Someone explain to me how this happens. It doesn’t check out that one would go as far as getting info about a super secret quest but wouldn’t get the most important and wide-spread info about it.

2 Likes

lol, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand make crying post at forum hueheuehueheueheueheueheuehue :v
thats the result if you not read all guides carefully,

thats a meme for you byee, have a nice day mister

~wigglewiggle,2017

5 Likes

Thats the same as dropping your ice-cream and blaming the ice-cream factory

YOU, sir, ruined your own character
Stop crying 'cause you didnt know how to use the cube and lost your prac
If you spent so much time farming instead of whining you probably would’ve already bought a practonium

1 Like

i admit the design is trashy but its been like that since months. There is no way anyone can miss such a crucial part after so many player did it and whined in forums. You read all in forums about everything but miss that crucial thing. How the heck is that even possible. Now you even get warning for expiring items which was not the case earlier. How could you blatantly ignore that and blame IMC.

2 Likes

i do remember that when i first open the mystical cube and got unstable cube then i was about to quit there was a warning msg that tells you about the expiration of unstable cube. if selected “check” then you totally agree to quit and “cancel”

1 Like

Man, lots of complete assholes in this thread making me glad to be quitting this game. I just don’t get how people like you manage to sleep at night. I mean, everyone has to find some way to believe they’re a good person right? You guys are just obnoxiously awful, mean-spirited animals.

7 Likes

Now telling the truth is being mean spirited? That’s some logic you have there.

10 Likes

OP is right, mechanic of mystical cube is just plain absurd. And to all those rejoicing and trash talking, losers, just losers, with no freaking clue about video games in general. White kinghts? White sheep suits better.

5 Likes

You are just acting like a spoiled kid there.

I don’t have any Practo weapon on my chars, even so, I can still outdps who have them, if you come here and say that you ruined your char because you lost a chance to get a practo, it’s really a good idea to quit and avoid being frustrated.

As some say…

You should look at yourself in the mirror before making these remarks lol.

MeeeEEEEeee, follow your herd, sheep.

As much as I want to pity with you, if you have researched before diving into pract quest, you would have known. So many victims before, so many threads before, but if you chose to ignore the warning flags, then there’s only pity. And rugrats. Lots of rugrats.

Also quitting over a missing practonium?

4 Likes

You’re obviously wrong, since OP is saying he missed it. I’ve been playing since beta and I didn’t know this either. :V Is info out there? Sure. Can people miss it? Yes. Get off your high-horse my man.

3 Likes

Thats bad but good news:

• Apply to a lv14 guild and get your prac for free.
  • Buy TP.
2 Likes

At least try be funny when you´re trolling! Kids theses days, sometimes I believe they were already lobotomized before being born, sad, very sad, :pensive:

3 Likes