Tree of Savior Forum

Questions about pvp dragoons

you can even get stunned if the hit misses

wtf.

check the red debuff at the top right corner below the fencer’s health bar

not sure if that’s the stun.

edit: ok it seems like the stun duration goes back to full aka refreshes if your initial and followup-attack proccs it, so it doesn’t add up but refreshes even when the initial stun is still in progress

edit: stun lasts 1s (1,036s)

The proccing while missing works on any skill with a stun effect, for some reasons… So it’s some sort of global bug.

Also, that little red star debuff is indeed the stun effect.

How can he use cyclone 2 times in a row without CD?

it has overheat
overheat means you can use it several times before it goes on cooldown

damn, my browser is bugged, it actually was mentioned by tosbase

I see, thanks (why 20 characters D:)

Dude just go for Swordsman 3 - Cataphract 3 - Dragoon.

PLEASE DONT listen who said Restrain isnt good because it is VERY GOOD and OVERRATED.
I got this build, and i can 101% guarante that Restrain works with skills BUT, you got 0 benefit using it with burst skills, insted you will use it with RUSH, using rush+trot+restrain you can hit and almost perma stun til death anyone and even 2 or more ppl because you got great AOE and ultra fast speed mobility due Trot.
Those guys who tell restrain is #@$@# dont even make de build, dont even get Rush and enter in the Arena, they arent playing krTOS Open Beta.
So, if you want play dragon/pvp, go for this.

(Is low dmg on bosses and dungeons)

2 Likes

I never said I played Arena. Restrain never used to work with skills in previous CBTs… Or, at least, nobody ever said anything concrete, back then.

Oh, and it’s highly unliekly you can hit two people with Rush at the same time. The range is not that massive.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Not stunned but shocked. It’s different effect(applied with Highlander Crown/Doppel Zornhau). It decreases INT/SPR by a lot.

Also, it’s really interesting that restrain works with skills. Still no use in PvE, but in PvP it sounds very strong.

1 Like

So what do you guys think about this skill build for the sword 3 hop 2 dopel build being used in the video.

Is double slash any good?

Also these ranks look pretty shitty in PvE. Also what stats would you use. I can’t get a straight answer for how much dex ~ you need in PvP. The guy in the video said his stats are like 100 Str 140 Con 200 Dex. The stats look like really low dps for levelling as well.

Hope they have stat resets :frowning:

i think you want to max gung ho and leave concentrate at 3
@Erokhi mentioned concentrate doesn’t scale well

also double pay earn has no use in pvp

the thing with dex is that you max it because you don’t know how much dex your enemy will take, so you go 200dex

i read somewhere that you shouldn’t go past 200 stats since it benefits you less in pvp or something… not sure why :slight_smile:

http://steparu.com/reviews/mmorpg/1814-tree-of-savior-online-pvp-review-and-first-impressions

There also seems to be some kind of diminishing return for stats over 200 or going all out in one stat not being good, unless you’re Swordy or something. I suggest investing points into CON, if you’re planning on PvP’ing in the long run.

2015 though… I don’t understand it tbh :stuck_out_tongue:
might investigate later

Thanks! Well the double pay earn thing would be for PvE bosses / farming for that little extra reward. I’m just worried that I’ll do so little dmg in PvE which will make solo-levelling a pain and I don’t have swashbuckling which will make me kinda useless in parties (along with the low dmg). Idk how much of a pain levelling will be then.

Also what about taking corsair as a rank somewhere, can you use Iron Hook and then long stride to the target to get close. Or is it only possible to use keel hauling while iron hook is active?

Restrain working with skills is the only reason to consider sword 3 imo, but if it makes the PvE experience abysmal IDK if its worth it. If I took hoplite 3 I think long stride + spear throw (at lvl 5 good dmg + the bind) will immobilize enemies well. Not as good as stun because the target can still use skills, but that would allow a sword 1-pelt-hoplite 3 build.

afaik @Erokhi mentioned that you can use long stride during iron hook.

the bind attribute is good but you lose your weapon if you throw it at an enemy :confused:

so you probably want to stick with hop c2

you could take all offensive spells in swordman c1-c3 and reset later on
according to shop you can reset skill points but no classes/stats

I read somewhere that Concentrate hit count is based on skill activation or normal attack, so lv 5 means 11 skills/normal attacks

That’s the problem you should learn to overcome. It’s obvious that levelling PvP focused char is substantially harder. And it seems there won’t be any stat reset scrolls unless special events happen.

His stats are great for PvP, it’s hard to make much better distribution(though it depends on your classes).

@doombringerhon ,

@Erokhi then corrected himself that multihits use only 1 stack of concentrate. So scaling is not that bad.

For PvP you should max Pain Barrier and Restrain for sure, put some points into bash, concentrate and gung Ho.

I’d suggest maxing double slash as well since it scales greatly. And then put remaining points in concentrate/restrain on your preference. Though you don’t need too much in concentrate, I’d suggest level that grants 2 stacks(so you will use them when cd is up) and then max gung Ho.

Sure double pay earn is useless in PvP but 2 points in it will help a lot. As c1 doppel you have only 2 important skills: cyclone and DoV. So you have 5 points to spend elsewhere.

Going past 200 benefits you less only because it scales with STR. It’s like attack damage and crit chance in mobas.

Actually there is an effect opposite to diminshing return, that will grant you more bonus stats as you invest points in single stat. It’s here to compensate stat synergy for those who like single stat builds.

Skill resets are doubtful, so relying on them is a bad idea.
Actually swordsman C3 damage is not terrible, double slash is pretty decent. Though Cata looks much better for PvP then hoplite as all his skils are PvP oriented.

@doombringerhon

If you long stride to the target then cast throw spear right under yourself you’ll hit the target with 60%? chance of bind (max attribute), and you’ll pick up the spear again automatically coz its right under you.

@Derael

Yeah I know cata offers significant advantages in PvP. But I never really liked mounts and I don’t like the cata playstyle honestly. The vids above show that even without cata this guy was quite successful.

Also since you can switch between 1 and 2 handed spears. Is it possible to throw a 1-handed spear with gaebolg/throw spear and then swap to a two handed spear without any of the dmg loss? And wait for the 1handed spear to return automatically?

Here’s another build with a rank of corsair (just for iron hook). It’s sort of a pvp/pve hybrid. Spear Hook

PvP: Iroon Hook + Long stride (to get in close) then use cyclone/dragoon skills. Got knockdown/stun Umbo blow, knockdown from bash. Default 1H spear + shield and switch to 2 handed spear when in attack range.

Long stride does have a pretty long CD though :< have to use it strategically.

PvE: Swashbuckling, Jolly Roger. I also will have 100+ CON and ~180 Dex, I hope that will help with tanking. Jolly roger + deeds of valor would also help DPS.

What say you?

Dust devil should be 0 I think. Better get higher keel hauling.
Everything else is good.

How Swash Buckling is useless in PvP, if it gives you 25% of your total HP?

Pelt is good for PvP, just as swashbuckling, but he said that pelt is useless for cata dragoon and it’s kind of true. Though some of his arguments are a bit out of place.

Swordsman3 is better than alternatives for 2 reasons: level 10 restrain and level 15 pain barrier. Other builds can give you more damage but will never compare with swordsman3 in terms of CC and mobility. Also hoplite main skill, stabbing, is very gard to land in PvP. And finestra level5 won’t make any difference.

1 Like