Tree of Savior Forum

Question: retarius dagger guard

I have 762 evasion without any buffs, so with dagger guard evasion attribute (and enhance attribute level 100) it should give me a 144% evasion buff, result: I wasn’t dodging any more hits than before, with or without dagger equipped.

So the way it is now is basically nothing more than an abusable level 1 CC resist buff, since you can still use a shield with it.

Reason I asked because it could work like finestra which increase crit chance instead of direct raw stats. Finestra only affective when you already have decent crit rate. Oh well, can try again soon once we have class point event.

Suddenly not seems worth as a defensive option for 2H sword build

If you do dg 50 for coin event, you will notice mob hardly hit your max char which debunked the 50% evasion cap. Similar post below

@peonage_parisi
Default Spear+Dagger then? You’ll lost some style point (and dps) but Reti have 1h spear mastery to offset a bit.

Finestra adds Crit Rate, not Crit Chance.

Read the whole thread then argue from that.

I’m aware of that thread, the conclusions are incorrect. To test this, go to an enemy you’d otherwise have 0% Crit Chance against, then use Finestra to bring yourself over that enemies Crit Resistance.

If Finestra increased Crit Chance you’d still have a 0% Crit Chance, if Finestra increased Crit Rate, you’d begin Critting.

In my example above you can see this to be true:

Yellow Leafnut’s have 638 Crit Resistance, I have 500, so I do not Crit.

After using Finestra, I have 785 (+57%), and begin Critting at about a 13% Chance.

2 Likes

I’m specifically trying to build a 2H sword swordsman though. I just felt too squishy with HL>Barb>Dopp which is why I tried going Reta>Barb>Dopp

Thanks for the video effort, this changed a lot. I’ll do some test sometimes. But finestra must hae been gone many changes. Sometime it work 2h spear, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes the 50% doesnt even feels like any increase.

@peonage_parisi
Squishy in terms of which content?

PVE in general XD…

You can always not using dov until you’re good enough cos some content, survivability is better than damage. Max bear with durandal should help or get used with utilizing knockdown skill like cleave and bash.

1 Like

Any way I can CC or defend myself against a boss?? I’m not sure if knockdown works on them (regular bosses). With my mage I usually chain freeze bosses.

You can’t knockdown bosses. Just don’t facetank some of the boss if you know they hit hard. Can also ready 1h weapon+shield in autoswap in case you met such boss.

1 Like

Alright. Thanks for the advice. Is there any CC though in the swordsman class that works on boss? I mean hard CC. Coz I believe not even stun would work if I’m not mistaken?

If cm/saalus boss, stun work. Rode shield push is the most reliable hard cc that last 10s. Hackapell come next with many stun overheat. The rest of sw doesn’t last long.

1 Like

Does embowel still do any CC? I remember it having a long stun before. Does this not exist anymore??

The question:

Does the skill is buggued?

Yes
or
No

it is legit to use it without dagger or it’s an abuse?

It’s a bug, yes. It’s not intended functionality.

It’s very unlikely you will suffer any repercussions for it, but yes, using it to gain an advantage in combat is abusing a bug. KTOS is using it too.

i think it’s the problem of the equivocal skill tootlip, but not a “bug”. i checked the skill, and the skill is weird stated. The skill consists of 2 parts: stats increase buff and 3 attributes.
The weird part is, the skill is called “Dagger Guard” but IMC makes this skill open for " ALL " types of weapon and in its attribute Dagger Guard: Deflect Projectiles it writes:(only 60% of effect is applied and only while daggers are equipped), which sounds like it is intended that you can cast the skill with other weapons too and it also writes while equipped with dagger you will have additional block and evasion buff and if unequip dagger, the buff will be removed.
so to my understanding it is now a buff that can be used for all, but you can’t abuse the evasion or block buff with other weapon or shield if you don’t wear dagger( removed when you unequip dagger) but the skill will still give 25% immunity to debuffs due to its another attribute.
The toolip looks not clear enough overall, and the name of skill is confusing too, if IMC wants this skill to be used with dagger only they should make the skill open to dagger only and without the description “only with dagger” in its tootlip or attribute.
Maybe we can wait to see if there will be any change in ktos later.

ALL.

Only Dagger Guard Deflect didn’t work with others weapon.

But the confusion still here…