Tree of Savior Forum

Evasion chance in ToS

Hi, I’m kind of new to this whole re:build thing, and I’d like to know if anyone here can provide me with how ToS calculate evasion chance in this game. I’ve heard that it’s (attacker accu/my eva)^0.66, or just accu/eva. But for me, both are kind of not true or the result is just confusing. so yeah, if someone here can clarify on how evasion chance are calculated, it’d be appreciated. Thanks beforehand.

1st formula is right.
and it’s not working on pve.

i see. so nobody knows what’s the formula for PvE then?

Well the formula works, it’s just that if a bunch of mobs target you, your evasion is cut down by half if I remember correctly? I could be wrong.

yes. every 5+ mobs cuts down 10% of your eva chance up to 50%. but i think boss still counts as 1 so a lot of eva could help in boss fights(?)

you can’t evade 100% and especially boss, they always will hit you hard. really hard.

but evade works well with normal mob.

It’s just sad it seems bugged in PvP (?) since you get hit far too often considering some pplz eva and their opponents acc, or do I miss something?

According to the dev blog this is how evasion works now, if you somehow manage to get to the cap of 50% evasion you still can have that rate cut by half if 10 or more monsters target you, I don’t know if this is the same on PvP and what they meant by target you, maybe it consider surrounding enemies because evasion on PvP seemed pretty lame too.

I dont think that eva chance is capped at 50%. A simple test of bringing your max lvl character to fight 5 hanaming should show that it’s actually not capped at 50%. But from time to time, the hanaming still can hit you, and this puzzles the heck out of me. According to formula i stated above, the hanaming should have less than 1% chance to hit me, and yet in reality, i’d say they have 5% ish chance to hit me.

Maybe it’s capped on PvP? I really don’t know how exactly it work, because with Rogue’s Evasion skill I shouldn’t be able to hit them (since they can achieve 5.000+ evasion) and sometimes I can.

tried to experiment with evasion in tos but no luck in getting a proper conclusion, i collected primus with evasion on all 4 parts with weapon with enchant of evasion too. Using rogue with max dodge skill, tried to duel with my friend with just the average accuracy ( average player who does not pay attention to accuracy stats) . one time ended up hitting me lots of time and other time almost never =.=

Seems like the formula is (my eva/enemy accu)^0.66-1 for pve. i’ve tested it on several maps and the result is rather consistent. Problem is, the formula gets pretty wierd when my eva/enemy accu is more or equal than 2. And why the hanaming is still able to hit a max lvl character, is still a mystery. Perhaps its capped at 90% ish to prevent character just afk farming in low level areas like dina bee and demon prison, but eh, who knows. Thanks for the answer guys.

What is the correct formula to calculate evasion chances?
From what I found is (def eva/atk accu)^0.65 instead of acc/eva.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.