Tree of Savior Forum

Question: retarius dagger guard

Alright. Thanks for the advice. Is there any CC though in the swordsman class that works on boss? I mean hard CC. Coz I believe not even stun would work if I’m not mistaken?

If cm/saalus boss, stun work. Rode shield push is the most reliable hard cc that last 10s. Hackapell come next with many stun overheat. The rest of sw doesn’t last long.

1 Like

Does embowel still do any CC? I remember it having a long stun before. Does this not exist anymore??

The question:

Does the skill is buggued?

Yes
or
No

it is legit to use it without dagger or it’s an abuse?

It’s a bug, yes. It’s not intended functionality.

It’s very unlikely you will suffer any repercussions for it, but yes, using it to gain an advantage in combat is abusing a bug. KTOS is using it too.

i think it’s the problem of the equivocal skill tootlip, but not a “bug”. i checked the skill, and the skill is weird stated. The skill consists of 2 parts: stats increase buff and 3 attributes.
The weird part is, the skill is called “Dagger Guard” but IMC makes this skill open for " ALL " types of weapon and in its attribute Dagger Guard: Deflect Projectiles it writes:(only 60% of effect is applied and only while daggers are equipped), which sounds like it is intended that you can cast the skill with other weapons too and it also writes while equipped with dagger you will have additional block and evasion buff and if unequip dagger, the buff will be removed.
so to my understanding it is now a buff that can be used for all, but you can’t abuse the evasion or block buff with other weapon or shield if you don’t wear dagger( removed when you unequip dagger) but the skill will still give 25% immunity to debuffs due to its another attribute.
The toolip looks not clear enough overall, and the name of skill is confusing too, if IMC wants this skill to be used with dagger only they should make the skill open to dagger only and without the description “only with dagger” in its tootlip or attribute.
Maybe we can wait to see if there will be any change in ktos later.

ALL.

Only Dagger Guard Deflect didn’t work with others weapon.

But the confusion still here…

It’s been confirmed as a bug by IMC and will be fixed in the future.

If you read description carefully, you will find that the skill is working as intended, because now the skill works as same as the way it has been shown from skill tooltip, even if they will change the skill in the future it’s not called a bug but it’s not conforming the concept of “Dagger” Guard as a bad design.

1. Skill dagger guard can be used with ALL weapons(shield etc. Or even without wearing anything), as same as it shows from tooltip.
  2. Block/evasion increase effect Only takes place WHEN A DAGGER IS EQUIPPED. (if u don’t wear a dagger, u only benefit from attribute Vital Protection, +25% immunity to debuffs)
  3. The buff is removed when the dagger becomes unequipped. (If you take a dagger first to use Dagger Guard you will get a buff which increase your Block or Evasion, and the buff will removed if you swap dagger to shield or other weapons. It’s because the buff given will not change when we swap weapon so they want us to rebuff without the dagger again to receive the buff without Block/Evasion. Same as when you use skill gem/Divine Might to get +1 skill, after used the buff you swap your equipment and your buff remains the same.)

We can have a look the patch notes where they changed the skill Dagger Guard,

If it’s a skill limited to only dagger user, they should write “You must take a dagger to have dagger guard buff” Instead of " You gain block/evasion buff ONLY when you take a dagger" . Doesn’t it means the dev team knows and intends to make the skill to be used with all weapons? and in the description of new attribute Vital Protection they didn’t write " To receive this buff you must wear a dagger" like the block/evasion buff above (as picture shows).

From the skill description:

The buff is removed when the dagger becomes unequipped.

You are not intended to have the buff from the skill at any point while not equipped with a dagger. The patch notes and other wording might try to lead you to believe otherwise, but this one line in the skill description is very clear. The skill is intended to have a stance requirement which prevents use of the skill if you don’t have a dagger equipped, which would then afterward cause the buff to be removed upon unequipping the dagger in any way. This would make it functionally similar to Hard Shield.

IMC has confirmed this is a bug that will be fixed.

My explanation to the point you mentioned “The buff will be removed when dagger is unequipped” is at the 3rd point I listed in my post. It doesn’t conflict with the fact the skill can be used with All weapons because with or without dagger you will receive 2 types of buff. even if they will change the skill in the future it’s not called a bug but because it’s not conforming the concept of “Dagger” Guard as a bad design. The skill works as intended now and players who use them before any possible change is not called abusing it.

The skill literally called dagger guard, what else you want it spell to you? People are just looking at loophole to abuse for excuse.
It must be coding conflict/limitation with auto swap function which previously you can abuse it without even using dagger as long you have it in auto swap.

3 Likes

Still curious about this XD

It was never stun unless you have the wild nature buff which is now deleted.

1 Like

IMC already called it a bug. I personally reported the issue to them and they said it’s not intended and will be fixed as a result. Any explanation you may come up with is false just from that.

Hey Crevox,

Can you make a screenshot of this that IMC confirm the change? (just for close the debate).

Thanks in advance.

It was a private discussion as I reported the bug. You’ll just have to take my word for it.

And… Dagger Guard Evasion is still bugged and not working at all? i.e. they don’t give any evasion stat or evasion chance?

It doesn’t show the extra evasion in the F1 window BUT you clearly evade way more. With my Reti I have 2100 eva and when I use Dagger guard I evade almost everything, even against weekly bosses, misrus, legend raids, ETC. Its clear to me that I get a good amount of Eva, around +153% (following the skill description) which would end up being around 5300 eva for me.

1 Like