Tree of Savior Forum

[Question] Archer Class - Gems

Hello everybody.

I wonder if anyone can tell me about Archer Gems. In my case, i’m a spammer archer type, so need basically as much as critical as i can afford. For that reason, i know i have to use Green Gems for critical rate and put them into the weapon. But i have few questions.

1. Which is the max level of a gem?
  2. Which level should a gem have to be worth in a temporary weapon?
  3. Being full DEX, will still be worth to use Green Gems?

Now i’m almost lvl 130 i start to worry about this and want to improve my equipment.

Thanks in advance!

heya :grin:

1 - probably 10

2 - I use them at level 2 or 3

3 - why full dex :confused: oh well, just look at stuff that gives you crt damage, phy attack. Hair acessory, red and yellow gems. If you take archer c2 or rogue c1, you will have all the crt chance that you want. Imo, stop the full dex stuff and put points into STR and a bit in CON. lvl 200+ mobs will prob. 1 hit KO you (archers mobs will allways hit you even if you go full dex and mage mobs… will *&¨%¨& you with magic damage and CC - as freeze - for ex.)

Thanks for the reply!

1,2 - Thanksss

3 - I don’t know full DEX is that bad. I’m Archer C3 > Scout C2 and plan to do the same as this guy.

I saw that video.

Now Im really worried about you my fellow archer :cold_sweat: :scream:

That guy / gal on video is lvl 240 and he is killing a lvl 130 mob. He took sooo long to kill a mob in that level, Allways starving at sp (look at the 05:35). So he crt a lot on normal mobs, but in the “boss” type mob his crt rate is a bit low.

Now think with me: If we take off 100 points of dex and put them into STR he will kill faster?

You already got crt rate from archer c2, you can have more from gems, hair acessory, equips, why you want more? And EVEN on a LOW LVL MOB you will not CRT that much (as you can see on video - boss type - ) So…

Now look at this video:

Its a SOLO mission. Mob of her level. Look her STR, look at that critical. Plus, she uses only ONE green gem. Now pls say no to that full dex thing :joy:

2 Likes

I think i’m ■■■■■■ now :DDDDDDDDDDDD.

Anyway i got 159 dex at this moment (he has 151 in the video) so… do you think should i go str from now, then?

haha ty

Sure! Its just 8 more, its not a big deal. note that build is for pve, she didnt have any point on con.

Alright!

Thanks for the info, gonna use lvl 2-3 gems for the moment in my temporary bow.

I am assuming you are going the spammer archer build from your other post. Scout3 and Rogue3 builds differently, rogues don’t need that much dex because they have sneak attack while scouts C3 don’t. If you are planning to go musketeer or cannoneer for R7, str doesn’t benefit them as much as dex because they already have super high skill damage and you prefer them to crit more often than not. Your physical attack will always improve as you progress further due to weapon upgrades and better skills but your crit rate doesn’t due to it being a secondary stat, so in theory for futureproofing Dex builds aren’t bad at all. For my spammer archer I’m probably going 4:1:1 dex:str:con

Well, my playstyle is based on spam Split Arrow from Scout C3 all day long. Probably i will take Cannoneer because Archer/Scout classes lack big AoE damage.

I just trusted @FLoki because i’ve been seeing recently many guides about spamming archers with STR.

I’m seeing it so blurry once again xDDDDD.

Look at the video (the scout one), look at my arguments. Stop copy and past others argumets, based on what you think that dex on LvL 190+ will be that good? Archer c3 > scout c3 got acher c2 critical buff (+25%). You will just gimp your damage on 190+ with a full dex, or almost full dex build.

Sure the 25% critical buff will help but that’s a percentage, so if you have only 50 critical rate to begin with, then you will only get an extra 12.5 which is barely 10 dex. Since critical rate is not a static critical %, you will need higher numbers as you get higher level to maintain the same critical %. So like I said, unless you are a rogue with sneak attack, you are also gimping yourself if you ignore dex. The video you provided is based on a rogue which is different than a scout C3.

In this guide we all know: [GUIDE] Archer Class Types

Viald recommends those kind of builds.

If you see carefuly, he says in “High DEX/Full DEX” the next: “from their skills since you don’t really need min-max (such as Split Arrow, Magic Missle, etc).”

So i think the best option should be 1:3 STR:DEX, for example.

Aww X_X

Your choice man. You can allways stat reset later on.

“At some point you get diminishing returns on dex. They found after cbt2 that a mix gave better dps in the damage formula. Sort of like 1 point of crit rate might give you 1% crit percent when you have 10 crit rate. But at 400 crit rate 1 point might get you .01% there’s sort of a soft cap in there somewhere.”

“Actual Critical Rate = (Critical Rate - Critical Resist) * (42 / Character Level)
Source: Confirm by recent kOBT patch note on March 24 https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4bqxg5/ktos_324_weekly_patch/
Other Source: Critical rate formula (iCBT2 updated)

Search is your friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

TL/DR

200 critical rate on lvl 100 is something good hiting a mob with 50 crt resist.

200 critical rate on lvl 200 is something not so good when hiting a mob with the same 50 crt resist. Why? Look at the formula. And I confirmed this in game, as my critical rate is around the same for 60 lvl+, the mobs with around the same critical resist got less criticals as I lvl up.

@Yusha Your statistics are right, but you are just looking at the problem by your view. The problem is, at high level you will need toons of dex just to keep up your critical rate. So, at some point, is just better not going for it, as every point of dex will give you less and less critical rate.

Or lest just agree to disagree :smiley:

Cya guys, have a good game