Tree of Savior Forum

Quest not getting marked when taken

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) :

Server Name: Telsiai

Team Name: Kokotea

Character Name: Eika

Bug Description :
when accepting a quest, the quest isn’t automatically marked and placed on the side screen to see even if the quest tracker is empty

and also having problem manually adding quest,

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. get quest
  2. quest not automatically marked for quest tracker on the right screen
  3. clicking the box near the quest name sometimes wont work

i know this is kinda a minor bug, but its annoying

tried both with and without betterquest addon

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Mouse

2 Likes

Had the same problem, and it was caused by some completed quest who kept marked…
Fixed it using “quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(INDEX)” on console. (change INDEX to 0~4)

do i use Devconsole addon for this command?

and i tried that and copy pasted

“quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(0~4)” = did not work
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(0~4) = did not work
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(0) to quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(4) = did not work

What?

You mean the chat box?

I meant console addon.

1 Like

It was supposed to be used 5 times:
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(0)
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(1)
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(2)
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(3)
quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(4)

1 Like

thanks

that finally fixed the problem with uncheckable quests

but it seems that accepted quests are still not getting makred automatically for the quest marker on the side

I have the same problem. Now every time i finish a quest i have to use dev console and quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex in order to select the new quest…

Not getting the problem any more…

Never mind, it’s back again >.>

I have the same problem, have to download the addon?

I have this issue as well and I never used an add-on and don’t even understand what any of the suggested fixes mean (not a native English speaker). I just want to use questwarps again…

Did anyone submit a ticket about this bug already? Otherwise I will do it… this bug simply makes questing impossible. You can’t select them, follow your progress or warp back when completed.

1 Like

I didn’t want to talk about it since its a gray area (and was hoping IMC would fix it faster since it was so simple), but i’ll explain what exactly is this bug and what its causing it.

In this patch they changed some small things in how quest are shown, most are imperceptible, and while they did this changes, they added a conditional when removing automatically checked quests and is this conditional that is causing it: (it was simplified)

if GetClassByType("QuestProgressCheck", questID) == nil or (is_updated_abandonlist == true and GetClassByType("QuestProgressCheck", questID) ~= nil) then
  quest.RemoveCheckQuestByIndex(i);
end

The function GetClassByType, if ID is found in database, always return a object, if not it will return nil. is_updated_abandonlist is normally false, only true when abandoning a quest. So, in this conditional, where delivered quest should be unmarked, is ignored. And that is it, already complete quest are kept marked, but aren’ t show in the ui to manually unmark it cause they are completed.

All this was just to say that I did fix this and made into a addon.

IPF file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1InB0XB73vV99V_4Na4f8Gvs-G84PsTPd/view
"Fixed" code: https://pastebin.com/Qciw6J9Y
All code is IMC’s, i didn’t add nothing there.

13 Likes

thx bro. i have same problem and now can fix

i love you man <3 it worked

Thx A LOT dude, is so stupid that someone can fix this shits and the retard developers of IMC can’t

NANAMI, YOU ARE THE BEST, I love you! IMC Programmers should be ashamed.

Not all heroes wear capes, and today, you are the hero :heart:! thanks!

Sorry for bothering you, but, i also have this bug: whenever i take a quest, it does not automatically shows up on the right side of the UI, do u know how to solve it / have anything to solve it?

Thanks again :smiley:

2 Likes

From this patch? If so, its related. Probably you already know, but there a limit of 5 quests on the side bar and every time a quest is updated it tries to add on the side bar. The main problem was that is already were 5 quest (probably delivered and so invisible) marked, so new quests werent add.

If it is not from this patch, I probably would not look at it, since it does not bother me at the moment.