Tree of Savior Forum

PVP rebalance? What do you want?

That could be a thing! I’m surprised nobody thought about this before!

default Gear in TBL or pvp modes for everyone
and Revenge Sevenfold nerf

(the gear also for fitting everyone’s build and playstyle, it can be an starting set which is balanced in every stat, and with TBL points you can get more equips for exclusively for TBL to fit your builds, like more damage focused or deffensed focuse, having weak and strong points, it’ll be like a custom class, as far they’re balanced gear it’ll be fine)

R7X should be a self buff only in pvp, not pt buff.

1 Like

I am against default gear… It cuts the whole pve Fun. People do pve to Win pvp and gvg (like woe)

1 Like

Perhaps completely standard gear isnt the answer, but i definitely believe that the discrepancy between someone with low/mid tier gear and high tier gear is too extreme. One solution would be to tone down the significance of weapons while not completely making them irrelevant, incentivising people to improve their gear, while not straight up winning because they had a stage6 skull smasher and lolopanther armor while the opponent had a pevordimas mace and perhaps roxona armor.
The gap between highly geared players and medium/low tier geared players is too extreme, and even more so, because the oneshot meta almost forces people to go full CON, which makes the reliance on a good weapon even more significant.

1 Like

If It was that hard to get a top weapon and some gear in this game… I still believe that something like a bronze, silver, Gold, diamond league would solve. Ofcourse there are yet several changes needed for a competitive PvP.

I have no problems with leagues, but I think it should not be possible for other players to see what league you are in.

I think a lot of people avoid the current pvp because they don’t like appearing as if they are bad players. So we should aim to remove things that make people choose not to play it.

We could reward the top league by showing players who are in it using a symbol next to their name like the current numbers. While making all other leagues private.

1 Like

Then you’re against a pvp that has many people in it. If gear isn’t standardised, the number of people playing it will only ever be the top 1% of players with top gear. Pvp will stay dead. .Like now.

It makes no sense to drastically limit the number of players participating in pvp with such a high barrier. It won’t help it. Keep normal gears in something for woe/gvg, not arena pvp.

5 Likes

You are right, and you are wrong.

What we need for gear is PVP gear, based on rank and pvp points.
Just like NeverWinter, Guild Wars 2, WoW, etc

PvP is not death in my server. But It still has several flaws to be seen beside gear.

Gw2 is a example of what standard gear can make to PvP. Easy and Boring. Well, that’s my opinion. A game for casuals is a boring game. Casuals Don’t have commitment to any game.

Funny How ppl can make a 320 char in one day and get more mystical clubes… Practo weapon is relative easy to get and transc after It. Go for It.

1 Like

Even if you think Gw2 pvp is boring, Gw2 pvp is 1000000x better and more popular than TOS.
So I think we can use some of those ideas

Every thread that has someone saying something about those nasty casuals in the past the user has quit the game and left the forums.

I don’t think we should cater to the hardcore. Catering to the hardcore is how you have a dead gamemode. The only thing the hardcore care about is the rewards they can get from it. And they quit and move on to other games faster and more frequently than the average users do by burning themselves out on the game anyway.

Example, this user, who made this thread in August 2015. Who then never posted to the forums again only 2 months later.

See, I did not say go for extreme HC game, just avoid to reward lazy ones… I trully hope there is a mid term. As I said before It is not that hard to get some gear and a top weapon in this game… But a rank 5 probably will be stomped anyway no matter what he believes… lol

standardized gear.

I

1 Like

TERA and WoW have default gear and they had pretty nice PVP (TERA at least, didn’t played WoW).
PvP is player vs player, and can create an competitive enviroment and meta and many stuff.
right now pvp most of players who is active in pvp is like “oh, I lose? will get better gear then” instead of learning match ups and etc, this makes pvp be dead at least slowy.
and also, default gear will make more fair for newcomers, so their first experience will not be 95% of time be a stomp on them, disencouraging to continue or try pvp anymore.
like, I have seen many, maaany new players some weeks ago in pvp, they seemed interested, but now most of them doesn’t appear anymore, yeah there is the ones who keeps going pvp and are experienced and etc, but it’s hard to see newcomers go more than 2 matches, this what will make a dead pvp within time.

All healing and CC(duration) effects should be cut by half imo. Healing and CC are by far the two most toxic and broken mechanics in a PvP scenario. There’s nothing, literally nothing more frustrating than be completly locked and watch your enemies get healed from 5% health to 100%.

Gear is not the problem. It’s the completely broken skills suchs as R7, Hook, Restrain/Rush, Mag Force Raise and cryo perma freeze. Those are the type of skills that make the game rage inducing as there’s literally nothing you can do about them except sit there unable to move for the entire match.

They need to rework cc to make the pvp in this game not be comeplete sht.

To be fair, I don’t really see Hook as a problem at all. It seems to only be a problem to people that have never tried to learn counters to it as a skill. Sure, its duration is very long, but if you know the skill is on the enemy, it shouldn’t ever hit.

If you jump, hook will miss 100% of the time. It can not hit someone when jumping.

This also applies to some other skills in weird ways. Like Meteor, Arrow Sprinkle, Hail. They’re ground skills and can only hit enemies that are physically on the ground. If you spam jump they’re not able to hit.

Scatter Caltrops
Pear of Anguish
Ice wall
statues aukuras
there is a lot of skill which counters hook (also Malleus)
cryomancer has kinda limited range, mag force to raise there is classes which counters it pretty hard (works 5x5)
R7 unfortunately is pretty strong, still have counterplays (but still op)
catacraph as long they don’t kill but spam stun for me is kinda fine (also mounting characters are glitchy sadly)

yeah cc is strong in this game but I think gear is a big problem (too)

Hook is completely broken even with jumping because it only has to hit something around you to grab you and even if you manage to jump it has to be at the exact moment.

The hitbox is also broken. It can miss very clearly from quite a distance and still grab you with a delay.