Tree of Savior Forum

Please don't listen to the casual players

Please don’t listen to the casual players… The XP rate on the game is fair and adequate… don’t lower it for them even if you were to lower it they would complain on higher levels over the xp not being enough…

So Jelly Rite Now… This is a post from a lvl 102 player

28 Likes

I have no idea what you just posted.
All I know is that if you specifically choose to disregard the opinions of others, your opinion tends to lose some value, too.

46 Likes

The guy that don’t respect of another opinion is the one we shouldn’t listen to dude.

7 Likes

At higher level you will need 1 Million Exp for Character Level and 3~5 Million EXP for Class level, Looking at the EXP rate now that you like,
Higher Level By 5 = 100++ EXP , Same Level = 80~50 , Lower Level = 30~20

Max Level is 600

and you guys want it like that?

They made the EXP not scale, unlike KRO which higher monster gives 1k++ EXP

@Note: LMAO!! i put KRO instead of KToS, to much RO

3 Likes

Albeit this wasn’t a very articulate post he does pose a point: Something I’ve seen happen in numerous other games us that altering the design to accommodate a more ‘casual’ group overall can set an unfortunate precedent, often to the point of alienating a dedicated or core playerbase.

Once the streamlining of features and lowering of a game’s grinding/skill floor/etc begins, it can very quickly become a slippery slope, something which has left many gamers easily frustrated and paranoid about people crying out for things like higher EXP rates, and with good reason. It’s all too easy for the loudest voices of a casual minority to continue to, as the OP said, ‘keep complaining about the grind, just at a higher level’ until there’s nothing left at all.

I’ve seen the whole “give an inch, they’ll take a mile” mindset from loud minorities in every game from Dungeons and Dragons Online to Ultima Online private shards, so I can understand where the OP is coming from, even if his post was a garbled mess.

This isn’t to say, of course, that there isn’t valid criticisms that drag down the grind. Poor enemy AI, a lack of variety in zones, and a mediocre selection of leveling options early on can all make it out to be worse than it actually is, and these issues should be discussed and addressed; just hopefully not at the cost of a lovely rate of progression.

20 Likes

They aren’t altering anything. The exp rates used for this test were not the normal rates. They were lowered to keep people in the low level areas because most of the game remains unfinished/untranslated and because this was just meant to be a short test to check Steam and the hardware. So yes, the full version will have higher exp rates, but not because people complained.

Also, I hate the term “casual”. As far as I’m concerned, anything you do as a hobby is casual, so until you are an MLG pro making money for playing games, you’re a casual. Besides, “casuals” have every right to have an opinion of the game too, there is no sign that says “No casuals allowed”.

46 Likes

^This is the reason.

2 Likes

Yes! So much this! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Not sure if you’re trying to be funny, but this game is pretty casual. The only thing difficult about this game is it is time consuming=grinding.

4 Likes

oh shut up, theres 600 levels youll have plenty of grinding to do…

5 Likes

This was what I was talking about in the game about “elitist people that can grind like a zombie and talk about it as a hardcore skill”. You may have some points but your attitude is what makes a game community rot from the inside.

7 Likes

also please take a look at this http://www.tosbase.com/game/exp-tables/base/ this is just to level 300 but look at 286 nearly 20million exp. EVERY SINGLE MONSTER past level 20 or so on iCBT gives 100 per kill… thats 200,000 kills… this isn’t even HALF the intended level cap and your already grinding for 60 HOURS for one level assuming you kill one per second without stopping for 60 hours straight. please do some research before making silly remarks about how “hardcore” you are

5 Likes

It’s strange that the level curve keeps going up but the EXP from monsters is capped… Maybe that was just for the beta and will change? I mean what’s the point in challenging harder mobs when they do not give any more EXP? Well, the items but due to the grind you should be stuffed at a time.

Black Desert CBT3 -> OBT is the only demonstration you need of the fatal dangers of appealing to the casual market with your MMO.
Casuals have plenty of games that pander to your kind. You don’t need to come in and ruin ours even further to get your way.

4 Likes

I wonder if that “SKILL” of theirs work in making food and doing the laundry lol.

1 Like

Their skill is as much of a skill as being a meth addict.

1 Like

game is on beta status ofc there’s no balance atm but raising the rate won’t fix the scaling problems…

Link me to the post where a dev said they lower the rate to keep people on low levels…
cause i felt the game wasn’t grindy at all.

1 Like

Are you sure the game you were playing was called Tree of Savior?

3 Likes

And that “question” isn’t a link to a post made by a dev saying the game had lower exp to keep players on low level areas…
stop spreading stuff without having proof please.