Tree of Savior Forum

PVP rebalance? What do you want?

Perhaps skills like Ausrine could benefit from having a charge up time at round start and character respawn?

IE. You can’t use it at round start, a 30s round start CD.

Same could be applied to R7X and some other skills.

But I’m still kind of against individual changes to skills that only affect the skill in pvp. Tiny little nitpicky rules for individual skills are a lot for new players joining pvp to learn, global changes that achieve the effect we want would be better for the longevity of pvp as we will always need new players to be able to join it.

ausrine and r7 don’t just affect pvp. They were abused in ET with krivis to pretty much just cruise through the entire thing. They are broken in every aspect of the game.

1 Like

I’m surprised that everyone posting here agrees with standardized gears. I mean I understand why people like it, when it’s all about skill of player but there are a lot of MOBA on the web for that kind of game. Tree of Savior is a MMORPG. The goal is to create your own char, build his strength and acquire nice gears through hours of grind/quest and then you reach the end game : PvP, GvG and hard instance. Of course there are often (not to say always) whales which are too lazy to get these stuff with hard work and prefers spend money but that’s a fact of MMORPG you have to deal with. I will say it : I don’t really like PvE (I don’t hate it neither) but I only did over 1.5k hours of grind to be able to play comfortably in PvP. It might seems stupid to spend so many time in a game with poor PvP content but I don’t regret it. And I don’t think I am the only one in this case.
I agree that the difference between a nice geared and a common geared player are way too big and need to be reworked, but I disagree with standardized gears in PvP.

1 Like

It doesn’t take 1.5k hours of grind to play current pvp. I play pvp without a single item with transcendence, 220 level gear, and I’m 6th place this week.

Gear is super-negligible when skills kill in 1 use anyway.

Revenged Sevenfold should be invisible like most other buffs,too, to make the fights more interesting.

It’s not very fair that you can see the buff above the head and just hit the guy with whatever to cancel it. If you can’t see it, you always have to be cautious, which would improve tactical PVP-feeling by over 9000%.

Maybe Fade or some similar skill could be given the ability to also make buff effects invisible on use.

Revenged Sevenfold should be invisible

You’re joking right? Forgot a /s?

Yeah…no.

Having the buff over your head adds to the strategy of the game, not diminishes. If you don’t know whether it is up or not you would have to assume it is up at all times which would streamline things in a rather boring way.

If it is visible, then your strategy adjusts in real-time based on whether it is there or not.

EDIT: Another example of why it boosts the strategic nature of the game. Lets say your opponent sees Revenge7 is not up. You can use this to ‘bait’ a strong move and then cast revenge7 at that time to punish.

2 Likes

R7x is a skill that should be meant to be used strategically for a healthy experience, not just a tool of oppression.

I have a kabbalist 2 and I agree that the skill is too good as it is, a tone down is required.

3 Likes

Having 1k atk weapon vs 6k atk weapon is a negligible difference?

It depends on the class you play.

Yes. It doesn’t make any difference when the attack kills the other player with both weapons.

What matters is the total number of attacks to kill, not the size of the number. 1 hit kill is still a 1 hit kill.

1 Like

which build you playing cuz that seems like a very powerful/OP build to me.

Just for the record, with my build, my skills are only taking out a quarter of the total HP with 1 skill. I have yet to see a single 1 hit kill so…

Falconer3

Sonic Strike gg.

Except when they block it. Or have over 50k.

It doesn’t really matter though. Magic CC into dps = death which is a one action outcome too anyway. Even if you have to hit the target more than once, you still won with 1 skill by getting the CC. The outcomes are the same, 1 skill wins the fight, regardless of gear. Barring specific matchups that just hard-counter some classes/builds.

Two things and the skill would be fine.

Have r7x not work on non-player characters, and make it so r7x can’t trigger from magic circles.

The 2nd one is to prevent a player from walking into a magic circle like Hamaya, and casting r7x.

You could also nerf the effective range of the counter so that you could out range it.

2 Likes

It could be because I’m in a lower bracket, but while I haven’t 1 shot anyone, noone has 1 shot me as well. I was raised a couple of times by kinos but was never actually killed (pre-balance I would surely be finished), always ran away with more than half HP remaining (full dex, 5v5).

So maybe I need to play more, but of what I’ve played I have not 1 shot anyone, noone 1 shot me.

Before such thing is applied there are other ‘features’ that require adjustment. Like Falconers 3 being able to snipe your whole team at the start of a round with Sonic strike :smile:

1 Like

Psh…just use revenge7 at the start of the match and they will die!

That’s what I do right now, I am just saying that they have to fix that before decreasing the R7X trigger range. I am okay with R7X not being triggered by tiles btw.

ahh. well…erm

yeah birds are jerks

Might just be the situation with Fedimian pvp. Geared players or just good builds getting 1 shots may have drastically reduced the number of people willing to participate in pvp due to the frustration of it, resulting in survivor bias towards only those players with the ability to not get 1shot or to perform them.

We don’t get 5v5 matches without pre-organising via discord. Pvp is pretty much dominated by 20-30 people and a small selection of one time participants that are typically not even R8 yet. This atmosphere causes a slide into the pvpers all only using op builds capable of 1v2 because of the sheer number of times you have a partner that instantly dies.

Fedi pvp is basically rock paper scissors, or hard countered by an entirely unwinnable fight.

I think you can imagine what it’s like for new players joining pvp to get 1 shot to never want to play pvp again, which is what keeps pvp so dead over on Fedi.