Tree of Savior Forum

PVP rebalance? What do you want?

I personally think the game should go to another PvP path, leave TBL behind and move forward to Open PvP or if they want to add a War of Emperium (WoE) type of PvP should be ideal. Of course it comes with optimization and class balance but reducing the PvP environment to 5v5s or 2v2s is really…boring.
As for TBL im all up to standardize gear and reduce heals to start with. We all know the Cleric or “healer” advantage not just on this MMO but in general in PvP.
As for GvGs hopefully open pvp areas. Most CCs can be dispelled except Iron Hook, so starting by making Iron Hook a rank2 or lower status ailment would be a good start.
Server Optimization, optimization and more optimization.

Discussing about specific skills is really subjective and lead to long never ending arguments, so i’ll leave it there.

It wouldn’t be so difficult deleting the buff with a simple aa hit mid-air if the net code wouldn’t be as bad as it is.

No matter what I try, client and server are asynch when I’m moving too fast which results in me slapping penpen to delete r7, but nothing happens due to posi-lag. Yes I got him according to my client, but server says “no”. So I need to slap again. Standing still.

Yay for being an immovable object and perfect target.

Currently the server-client communication is rotten to the core. I can’t even see in which direction ppl fly to after astral body explosion when they were moving before getting hit -.-"

1 Like

Yeah, the sv desync is a really important issue in general :confused:

default items like before huehue

Content is a separate issue. It’s not really a rebalance issue. But I agree.

Content should be something we make a lot of noise about afterwards. When they are moving onto content.

No matter how many time rebalance, its still tree of cleric, p2w, the game is going to close like Rok.

2 Likes

Completely off topic. Complain about those issues in threads that are about those issues.

-Bring standardized equipment back to TBL, balance accordingly. Invested Stats can still matter, id be fine with stats on gear as well, just ignore the attack/defense values and standardize them.
-r7x only works on player characters
-give missile hole the ‘bloodletting’ treatment in pvp, i.e. nerf duration and increase cooldown in tbl only. Can remove hit limit as a nerf/buff if needed

Crowd control needs to stay the way it is imo, it is centric to success in the pvp of this game, and there are currently counters to everything.

2 Likes

Not being able to overlap hard CCs such as Freeze, Stun.
Decrease R7x duration and make it limited to players only.
Adjust knockback and position desync.
Adjust Magnetic Force and Frost Pillar’s dragging mechanic or whatever it is called.

2 Likes

I would agree with that, if you are frozen you can’t reset the duration with additional freezes until the 1st one ends, same with stun.

It would not affect Restrain all that much, but it would enable some classes to use instant abilities when the 1st stun ends.

As long as the Mag force graphic actually reflected its true range, I would be fine with keeping it the same. Frost Pillar just needs to not strip prophecy off immediately.

a good start would be to standardize level into 330, I don’t like the idea of losing around 9,500 HP when damage remains unchanged when entering TBL

Yeah a big problem is that while levels are shot down to 200, attack values from gear remain the same. This results in ridiculous power creep and not enough HP to cover it.

1 Like

Do not allow players to queue if they have any of the following classes

Priest 1-3
Diev3
Kino 2-3
Cryo 1-3
Cata3

3 Likes

Just make it standardize gear again as before. No need to nerf any cc or any skill. Cc, damage and immunity are parts of tbl and it makes tbl beautiful but not OP gear where you can win brainless

1 Like

Tfw people confuses MMORPG and MOBA…

How can you possible rebalance a P2W game where a whale already has the best gear, the highest lvl gems, the easiest weapon enhancement, etc and etc? There’s no PvP in ToS, it has no point or merit at all.

Possible only if there is standardized gear again.

Position desync! That was something I completely forgot about.

This is incredibly important for skills like Full Draw that basically cause characters positions to completely break and bug out.

@Hachigatsu

Nobody is confusing the two. Simply using a game with skill-based cooldown combat that’s solely dedicated to creating fun, balanced, enjoyable pvp as its primary mission as an example of something to take influences from. There is neither the time nor the budget to try and pretend they can make something better themselves, therefore taking influence from what clearly already works for pvp in games entirely dedicated to it is the quickest route to establishing fun in a side-gamemode that will never see the amount of budget or dedicated focused development those games receive.

Besides, mobas are all just CD-skill-combat without the months of levelling and gear grind. Taking influence from them on how best to make CD-skill-combat fun is only rational.

No need to re-balance damage numbers. They just need to scale everyone up to lvl 300 now. This means a ton more hp and armor.

Also, the main problems with pvp are immunities and neverending cc. We need at least a 1 second cc immunity after being cc’ed. This makes people rely more on using their rotations well and teamwork to burst people who get cc’ed instead of just do whatever because he won’t be able to move for the next 30 seconds either way.

Ausrine si still broken and so is r7. I don’t think r7 should be a buff you jsut throw out and wait until it kills someone, it should require skill meaning it lasts 2 seconds and you need to really use it to counter a specific attack. For some reason i remember back to super smash bros and characters that had counters that had to be executed at the perfect time, but it was incredibly satisfying to when it worked.

1 Like

I know this isn’t a “balance” thing but also: Bugs and bugs that turns into mechanics.

What bugs? Guardian Saint + R7X, Limacon causing SR to desync, buffs being invisible on enemy target info, some skills taking all Prophecy charges like Frost Pillar etc.

There’s a big gap when, for example, you need to outwit R7X or Missile Hole by knowing the target have them compared to when it bugs (inconsistently) and doesn’t show the buff on target while it still applies.

But just not bugs but also the advantage gained by game modes.

Mainly about bad targeting system for keyboard/controller makes objects and pets a “defensive strategy” while for mouse mode user the targeting is more precise. Or otherwise, mouse mode users cannot aim mounted characters because it aims the pet while keyboard/controller users doesn’t have this problem - or even, mouse mode users have problems to target things behind the game UI such as chat and party member list.

2 Likes