Tree of Savior Forum

PVP rebalance? What do you want?

Yeah that isn’t unique to your server, although we(klaipeda) get matches with people running non-meta builds…they just die quickly and are totally ineffectual. lol

There really isnt much ‘outplaying’ going on in 5v5 or even 2v2. It is just a gear(re: weapon) check and then a class check. If you pass both, you will win.

3 Likes

It is just a gear(re: weapon) check and then a class check. If you pass both, you will win.

Perfect description. That’s the environment I think we should be blasting. It’s not a healthy environment and will result in dead pvp with only the same 10-30 people playing.

What I think we should want from pvp is a situation where it takes 2 or more people applying their skills with team combination in order to bring down an opponent. Resulting in rewarding gameplay for those that work together, and the choices people make coming to matter. In this way, the people that make the best choices rise to the top, combining their abilities with their teammates, not just solo playing their build.

1 Like

Reminds me of the 2x2 I had with a Rank 5 pelt squire in my team, yet I still managed to win because ABE is balanced :thinking:

Even with the lack of skills, lower ranked players will also have a chance of winning with gear standardization (is that even a word? wot.) . After all, you are able to join the pvp after you reach that rank but there are no rank brackets or anything. R8 dominates the TBL fields.

To be honest I forgot about what a big issue the desync thing is, and I doubt it’s ever going to go away. Much like after a year we don’t have drastically increased performance in situations with large groups of players, it’s just bad code on IMC’s part that they’re not willing to rewrite. I imagine they can do a bandaid fix or two to at least make it less bad.

Anyway, should we have a new thread for PVP content ideas? I feel like most of the general balance concerns are pretty much the same for everyone: most things kill you instantly (either because they actually kill you or because they stun you so long you’re effectively dead), unless you are invulnerable or buffed by Ein Sof or etc.

I lol so much to this. Do think is it OP? It is balanced? I think it is underwhelming, should be buff into 3 overheat or 2

Sonic Strike does a lot of damage, but the problem is what it can do with Pre-Emptive Strike

On TBL, during the second or more start countdown, Pre-Emptive Strike makes the falcon attack the enemy’s base before the round start, which can cause the match start with two or more of your teammates dead.

1 Like

I think its a bug, sonic strike and Pre-Emptine Strike arent like that on PVE. The distance of the opposing sides in TBL is huge for falconer to use that skills. A falconer on my server is abusing that bug to climb higher, where he kills anyone below 50k HP before the match even started.

Sonic Strike should not function if the player is outside of a certain range of the opponent.

The Sonic Strike attack from the bird should only trigger on the player performing an attack against a target. Oddly, the bird just keeps repeatedly attacking which definitely strikes me as a bug, and at any range at all.

It would be nice if they would fix this bug and make Sonic Strike attack faster based on the auto attack speed of the player. Which was how it functioned in Ragnarok, and was a lot more fun.

But yeah Sonic Strike in TBL is about as stupid as R7X is to be honest. Both are fundamentally gamebreaking. But at least I think Sonic Strike’s brokenness comes from being buggy. The power is pretty comparable to a lot of other things.

I think so. Do you want to make it? I’ve got a tonne of ideas but, honestly, I wouldn’t know where to start with what the “core” things the community might want are.

WoE is an obvious one that has always been cried for.

I kinda think there should be a permanent casual pvp that uses any world map as the pvp stage, perhaps 3 random world maps being selected and a vote cast for next map. Games should only last 10-15minutes at a time and being most kills wins with respawns. That would let people tool around roleplaying their builds without fear at all. The stealth classes can have fun. The sappers with traps can have fun (4x duration should be added for these like in Ragnarok). Etc. Just a mode for casual free-for-all. Something that is absolutely not ranked, so that it is not intimidating.

I feel like if DPK is going to continue to be a competitive thing in the game pitting parties on a map against each other, just make DPK maps pvp maps and let those parties fight each other over the monsters properly instead of being frustrated with Killsteals etc. Make everything else other than a few purely DPK maps purely random drops.

Make missions that involve pvp content combined with pve. How about a pirate ship stage themed to corsair lore? Parties sale on a pirate ship on rails, getting repeatedly attacked by monsters, then their ship meets with another player ship halfway through the mission. Both teams have a bit of pvp before disengaging, lots of shooting at each other, a brief section where both ships connect for melee combat, then back to pve. Rewards for player kills on the high seas mid-mission.

I could go into more detail, but better reserved for a dedicated thread. I do think someone with a more solid idea of how to structure that thread should make it though. I don’t know where to start, and the quantity of ideas available for this kind of thing could never all be implemented at the same time as it could dilute PvPers from other gameplay elements.

I would be fine with pvp rooms like in RO, where it is just open PK with a ranking over the top killer’s head. If you kill them, then their rank resets and so on.

Wouldn’t have to be timed, just a room for funsies.

2 Likes

fix monk enery blast for pvp, used to do 5-8k now 1-2k . now there nobody playing monk in pvp, cause oracle null thier skill

Any cleric build with a support circle should be subject to do 30% less damage inside the TBL arena. Fking insane how they can just hide behind r7 and safety zone while 1 shotting people.

1 Like

The only reason I suggest timed is so that we could get a rotation of maps going. I can see a lot of potential for different maps in the world to have lots of different fun tactics and advantages for different classes.

Falconer 3 exploits are out of hand as well. They can 1 shot entire team as soon as the round starts from the other side

1 Like

Reviving this old thread with suggestion that I liked from it!

Add pvp room RO style.
Somewhere you can warp in with full pvp in it. Maybe have a kill count and stuff like that. Maybe add a headgear obtainable after X kills?

Add woe like wars that last 1 hour each week. WIth a reward for the winning guild. Would add meaning to continue getting gear. To have the pride to see your gear name somewhere all week long.

Reduce dmg a bit.
My astral body explosion hits for 150k with Chapp proc… Probably still kill a full tank character…
It would give a chance to have counter play when you are hit by a CC.

Have ways to resist CC.
Right now, there is nothing I can do i’m im not PD2 to resist most CC. Have maybe boss cards giving immunity to CC? Monster gem with certain immunity maybe. Because lets say it, not every class can stack full SPR and be efficient. And even full SPR, you still dont resist status often.

But this last wouldmake whales even whaliers. Now facing a whale with huge CC immunity would make them really hard to kill. WOuld make those gems/cards mandatory to pvp efficiently. Maybe those cards could come with a drawback? Like weakness to pierce, or to whatever else.

Tell me, who you know is a ‘whale’. I am not talking about people who dedicated alot of time to this game, but instead paid money for their gears. Do you really know someone like that? Because I don’t.

Also,I like your idea of RO style pvp room. Would be a great place to hang out and goof.

PvP has been a literal meme in this game for god knows how long and anyone who takes it seriously must have brain problems. There’s very little skill input at all and I doubt just nerfing the damage would fix anything.

PvP and GvG have been nothing but “free abrasives” and “win trading for TP”.

It’s bad enough you’re capped and limited to certain times per day, but a PvE dungeon gives more points than actual PvP.

How to fix it:

• There would have to be a whole new gear system, just for PvP.
  • That gear shouldn’t work outside the battlegrounds, not as well as PvE gear anyway.
  • Needs more maps / bigger maps with some parts of the map favoring long range and some close range.
  • PvP should have it’s own spec, meaning you can have 2 builds on one character.
  • Lag free! Better servers, dedicated for PvP.
  • Buffs / potions / enchants / trans shouldn’t work in PvP.
  • Your weapon’s % bonus could come from your PvP ranking (top 10 gain 50% more damage or 20% more health etc.?)
  • Level pools, basically everything below 200 stay in below 200 and above, stay in above.
  • 2v2 should be open 24/7, with 3v3 being timed.
  • 2v2 would have no rewards, purely for fun / glory.
  • 3v3 would give out points.
  • Points would be used for PvP gear, PvP enchants and PvP potions.
  • PvP only potions.

Just to list a few.

2 Likes

Best suggestion so far

1 Like

This.

Gear based PvP is almost impossible to balance and it creates a very negative environment for new players. It requires them to get wrecked over and over again until they can acquire the appropriate gear or, more likely, leaves such a bad taste that they refrain from PvP altogether.

Removing or standardizing gear effects would make it much easier to adjust and put skill (Not Skills) at the forefront of everybody’s win/loss ratio.

I just want it to not be feature only for wizards and clerics. Also, right, PvP should have standard gears for everyone, not people with +40 and 10 transcendence 315 orange weapons.

Like in other MMOs, if you’re a tanker you still a tanker in PvP, but with how the weapons and armors are in TOS, you get screwed, there is no such a thing.

1 Like