Tree of Savior Forum

PVP rebalance? What do you want?

So why would you use the extreme exception to the rule in order to prove your point? 99% of players don’t have that kind of defense.

1% of playerbase are actually competitive by nature. We always see them in TBL so it is only natural to balance according to meta they shape. Cata3 cant cope up with them. Currently meta is 1 shot skill festival, cata3 dont belong there. Maybe cata 3 is balance it cant 1 shot people,so by that logic all chars that are capable of 1 shotting should be tone down to Cata 3 tier or buff Cata 3 to be able to catch up with them.

Competitive PVP never get balance according to less-skillful of players or in TOS case undedicated players. If we use your logic then might as well we remove heal damage in PVP because it can also 1 shot undedicated players. Actually even geared people are dying from heal tiles.

So you lose to a Whale…big whoop we all lose to them.

Show me cata damage against someone with average gear. Please remember this was your claim:

Even sadhu is quite a cancer now in TBL. Thx to bandwagon crying about buffing the class. Safety wall then astral body explosion for 120k damage while with trans 10 +11 regard pike using Max attribute Rush will only deal 1.5k damage on them per hit.

You need to clarify that you are doing 1.5k to extreme geared players that don’t actually represent the majority of the playerbase, or your points come off as disingenuous. Also that same sadhu will not be doing 120k damage to the Whale.

only the top 1% is actually competitive in TBL tho so his point is valid.

That is pure horseshit.

I TBL with mediocre gear and get in the top 10 all the time. Define ‘actually competitive’.

Well if you use a meta class maybe. Try it with catagoon see if you can do the same?

The whole point is that classes are not balanced…

Correct, they are not balanced around +11 trans10 full solmiki geared players. That isnt the top 1%, that is the top .000001%

stop exaggerating things we all know catagoon is not balanced at all. with mediocre gear you know and i know you wouldn’t ever make it to top 10.

I am not the one exaggerating and saying that rush does 1,500 per hit.

He’s not really exaggerating if it did do 1500 per hit against well geared players. And anyways, everyone’s standards of being competitive is different. For example, with mediocre gear, I’d be fine with placing in the top 10 to top 20. But if I had a trans 10 regard horn pike I’d expect to be in top 5 or even top 3.

In 2v2 pretty sure any well-geared catagoon can get in top5 maybe even top 3. There are multiple factors at play.

Is the catagoon level 330 or lower is the big question. If you are level 330, then you will never be paired with another 330 in 2v2 unless all players are 330.

What this means is that the game will always pit you against other 330 players, so if that other 330 player happens to be a .000001% whale, then yeah you are going to lose every single time. Better to be 329 so you can get paired ON his team.

We all know that 5v5 is a clusterfuck that favors clerics and wizards, thankfully it is going away.

Alright I’ll believe you this time. I have to admit I have only been checking the 5v5 TBL charts recently and the best I’ve seen catagoon ranking is in the top 20.

5v5 is REALLY hard for swordies. I go on my murm who has corsair2 and it is still an uphill battle since most of the people queuing are cryo/kinos and any flavor of kabbalist.

In 2v2 you can work around those classes and cancel revenge7 on 2 targets instead of 5, then proceed to go nuts. Subzero Shield is honestly the toughest thing to deal with, forget about gear.

well pre “balance” i was actually able to do pretty good in 5v5 with my catagoon, and had a good shot of landing in top 10 or top 20 with mediocre gear.

But yea, I get your point. Subzero was a bitch then, and a bitch now I’m sure.

All the balance did was make everyone’s damage go through the roof, hopefully the TBL balance will help a bit with that.

1 Like

That’s kinda messed up. I’d hoped that the “balance” would tone down everyone’s damage. TBH I’m suprised that everyone deals so much damage now…it shouldn’t be this way.

PvP balance of ToS is so shitty that it requires the entire game to be redone, so I dont expect anything out of it.

The first - The core engine of the game must be fixed, so, the game can achieve considerable HIGH fps on top end computer. Currently a high end computer can only achieve “tolerable” frame rates, something that is unacceptable.

The whole interface should be remade and clarity design philosophy needs to be applied - To have a sucessfull competitive PvP, the game needs to make the player fully aware of what is happening, how, and when. We need to have better ways to idenfity stuff on the game as soon as it happens. For example, why i’ve died, from where i got CCed, for how long it will last, the area of effect, that kind of stuff.

Responsiveness - The lack of synchronization is unbearable. Knocking down a player then attacking it with no damage is no surprise in current ToS standards. Players that got repositioned through CC are almost always out of synch - you attack the enemy on your PC, but in reality he was on a different position.

Also the game STILL fails to register inputs, skills failing to be casted for no reason, and the unbearable skill animation based on lag - this is unnaceptable on a PvP enviroment.

Lag must affect a game in form of JUST input lag, nothing else.

And thats only a few stuff about the core mechanics, i’m not even talking about shitty class balance. If i would, the list would be so long that I know it wont make a difference so, whatever.

damage is too darn high. now cryomancer damage is decent before 1 dmg

A pvp-meta cleric has spoken

Wow, IMC is listening?

A lot of changes in this post will hit soon in iTOS