Tree of Savior Forum

PVP rebalance? What do you want?

All-swordie touuurnament aaaaarc

1 Like

same class PvP sounds awesome! @hkkim pls

though a archer bracket is only a stealth game, while cleric brackets are going to utter boredom of both sides healing and refuses to hit each other due to R7X.

See, the real thrill is in the swordy tree!

Yeah, but id would be interesting to see nonetheless. Kinda hard to match 5v5s though so I would suggest designated days for it aside from regular TBL.

make the PvP map gradually smaller as the time runs out.

Having multiple modes like that reminds me of Uther Party mod from Warcraft 3. Man, if Tree of Savior had that sht, it’d be a blast every day.

Upcoming update includes some PVP changes. I’m putting this into the OP.

Discuss.

Personal thoughts: This isn’t even close to what people want to see change with pvp. CC isn’t really the main issue, nor is movement speed.

Buff duration changes will affect Revenged Sevenfold changing it to last only 20s which is nice, we’ll see how that plays out in game.

Buff changes will adversely affect some other classes though. Shinobi’s already short stealth will be ruined. Cataphract will no longer have permanent Trot. Just to name a couple of common pvp classes.

Transcendence reduction is not what people wanted to see when it comes to equipment balancing. Even without transcended equipment there are many instances where skills will instantly kill players. So the lame meta of rock paper scissors instant 1 hit gameplay will remain. No significant changes to the overall damage that occurs which was implemented as far back as having only Rank6 skills, not Rank8 and soon Rank9.

Full details:

Buff uptime reduction is going overboard, way too many classes will be hit instead of just the problematic buffs.

CC reduction is ok but doesn’t affect Kino or Corsair (unless Iron Hook counting as a buff means something).

Trans limitation isn’t enough, and Heal is still untouched.

Suggestions:

• Transcendence System change from +20% weapon damage to +20% damage against monsters;

• CC immunity or resistance system change to reduce debuff time. Example: 80% resistance to stun mean stun duration reduced to 20% of it normal time;

• After be affected by a debuff increase your resistance to that specific debuff. Skills with debuff immunity should be revised.

That lazy buff duration nerf is extremely bad, if this is what IMC considered as balancing then I have trouble seeing any hope for good pvp in this game

Also, being able to get full value from your transcend armor will make that extremely potent
Not a big fan personally, it just makes clerics who go full defense mode even more unkillable

If IMC is approaching PvP balance like they did PvE, this first round is meant to equalize stuff according to their tiers/ranks.

If that’s true, it would explain the general feeling we get of it being done “without much thought”, but we can also expect future minor patches tweaking stuff on a class by class basis.

I liked the approach to PvE rebalancing, so I have (some) hope it’ll be well done in PvP as well.

1 Like

Don’t forget DEF only plays a role inside the log function in the damage formula, and that function actually has some really strong dminishing returns. I’m guessing that’s why they didn’t feel the need to actualyy cut trans effects on armor. besides, that might for once gives us soem reason to invest on armors further, since it’s totally unnecessary pve-wise (which is all there barely is at the moment).

I know how the formula works but with massive def investment you will do very little damage even in the new formulas
And honestly thats not really a problem, being tanky from alot of def is good
But with clerics who can instantly heal themselves full with one set of healtiles that scale indefinitely even if they’re full CON will make them just stronger again

The less damage thats being done, the stronger clerics will get

Totally agreed, but that’s not on the armor/def system, that’s on certain classes/skills needing further and much deeper looking into in terms of PvP balance. Like I said previously, I really hope IMC’s approaching PvP like they did PvE and that this first is just the first and generic one to set out the terms, to then later on balance classes more deeply.

1 Like

Looks like the 1/3 buff duration only applies to certain skills like Bloodletting/Beak Mask/Counterspell/MH/etc.
You can check which skills are affected in ktest neet.
Subzero still untouched, which is a huge pain. but swordie buffs are safe now.

2 Likes

Thanks for this clarification. Clears up a major concern I had with that line.

I hope they release a fully detailed breakdown of the effects (and not affected) with the official release and patch notes. It will be a problematic pain without detailed information. This kind of un-specific one line for something that has many different effects is a regularly complained about issue with the way they release changes.

Better queue system. Don’t want to see 3x Clerics vs 3x anyoneeslebutnoclerics anymore.
In ideal, queue should put only one core class character (sw, arch, wiz, cleric) in a team. I don’t mind queue time being prolonged due to this. I wan’t class-balanced fights. Now team-setup is the most important thing in TBL and it sucks.

Also I wish they’d make a premade queue type (with different from the random queue rank ladder, OBVIOUSLY), where people could go in their 3 man party and polish the synegry, try out new combination, etc.

1 Like

Good to know that swordy buffs are fine…
1/3 painbarier time would kill sw3 for pvp complete.
But restrain got nerfed very hard.

Perhaps safety zone being considered a neutral tile and usable to anyone.

3 Likes

Thanks God. Nobrain catacopters with stun lock are the same cancer as kabbatards.

Perhaps safety zone being considered a neutral tile and being used by anyone.

Awesome idea.

1 Like

When you think about it, safety walls in RO were exactly like that! I would hate to see someone take my safety zone, but it would surely balance it.

What about sterea troth or Diev status?