Tree of Savior Forum

PvP and PvE - Ktest's New Gung Ho lv15, or Guardian lv15

Murmillo is a burst class + guardian don’t give you anything vs mages. Let’s Gung Ho for PvP, Guardian for PvE.

But if you have a good PvP build, you will not be able to pick Peltasta.

My murmilo is sword2 pelt1 rodel3 corsair1 murmilo, i had no problem reaching top10 to 5 when i bothered with tbl. Corsair1 is enough, High kick is super fast to land+headbutt will kill all non full con. Just horde a lot of movement speed potions because you will need, Also invest in your accuracy and block pen.

Pro tip: Switch to https://tos.neet.tv/items/103302 when a inquisitor uses malleus on you.

Sword 2 is not so good. Imo you will have better results with sword 3 instead of Peltasta, 60% stun is huge and unlike 30%, it can give you the possibility of stun-lock.

Maybe, Peltasta can be more effective vs pure physical team. When you look at Ktest Palaquisitor … big armor / block will be mandatory (1530% skill with 3 overhit, buffed by 50% with a mace, buffed again by 60% after a Conviction xD) !

You don’t have any multi hits to take advantage of restrain that much, i can already stun lock people with AA using restrain lv5 and rodelero combos, peltasta gives me block since the bigger treats for me are physical classes (i have 6k mdef). Also i am not talking about ktest in there, in ktest a lot of things will change still. Theres a lot of good murmillo builds, the class require way more skill than any other, if you manage to understand your combos you’ll be effective despite the build.

Restrain lv10 is not necessary to do well in PvP. Lv5 is enough. Block and evasion can be helpful in PvP. Even swashbuckle can be useful in PvP.

Not tree of clerics eh? Tree of Kinos?
Just took this from Telsiai, count how many clerics there are
I’m sure you can spot the Murmillo too…oh wait…

People who think tree of clerics are scrubs? Are you sure you’re playing the same game? Who’s the scrub here?

It isnt called tree of clerics because of pvp alone.

To give you some numbers on Gung-Ho level 15 with lv50 attribute.

Say you can get roughly 350 STR.
Gung-Ho will then give you (38 + ((15 x 0.2) x ((350 x 0.5) ^ 0.8))) x 1.5 (attribute)
Which is about 337 PATK.
337 PATK is roughly 10% - 20% of your PATK (probably less as you get better weapons).
Each extra STR gives roughly 0.574 PATK (100 STR = 57.4 PATK).
Edit: multiply above STR values by 1.5 with 50 attribute.

Guardian gives you 55% PDEF straight.
I would say it really depends on which you prefer.

Note that an x% increase in PATK also means an x% increase in your total damage in the new formula, since it’s multiplicative.

Thats a pretty decent buff actually. But yeah, I see your point. If you are wearing a shield, and your intent is to outlast your enemies, you will get more mileage out of Guardian.

With 350 STR and Gung-Ho level 15 :

(38 + (3 x (175 x 0,8))) x 1,5
(38 + (3 x 140)) x 1,5
(38 + 420) x1,5
458 x 1,5 = 687

That’s not “good”, that’s huge ! And unlike armor anyway, that’s usefull versus EVERYONE.

Please have a second look at the formula (caption ratio 1):
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/10003

Character 힘 = Character STR.

Power function (^) is not the same as multiply (x).

You wouldn’t happen to know if Deeds of Valor have changed would you?

Oh yeah, you’re right, i don’t even see that x) … Anyway, it’s still an huge buff with the multiplicators and i start to think that it can be better to have both offensive swordsman buffs level 15 than having a longer duration of Pain Barrier.

You will have a shorter window of protection but it’s look ok for characters based on burst rotations.

I think that 50-100 CON, 50-100 DEX and the rest in STR can be a good option now.

Stacks and ASPD removed.

Damage dealt + (5 + skill level x 2) %
Damage received + (5 + skill level) %
At level 15: Dealt +33%, receive +19%.

Looks like a pretty even spread of clerics and wizzies. Wanna bet how many of those wizzies are kino3?

#number 1 is a catagoon and he is complaining about clerics. lol.

IMO people are putting too much emphasis on new Gung Ho. Keep in mind that the new skill formula means that putting points into your low rank damage skills matters much more, it’s not just something worthless like +30 damage or whatever it’s +30%. This should actually be a huge buff to Murmillo’s damage attributes as well as High Guard’s bonus to Umbo/Rim Blow, which were previously weak because they were based only on the base damage of the spell. Even if they reduce the damage from 40% bonus to 10% bonus, we’re talking about 40% of a tiny number vs. 10% of a potentially very high number. A Murmillo with lvl 15 Umbo/Rim Blow, lvl 5 Butterfly, lvl 10 Shield Lob, etc. could do very considerable burst.

Some basic math: ATM Umbo Blow 15 does 500 base damage, so +400% Murmillo attribute brings it up to 2500 base damage, I.E. 2000 bonus damage. New Umbo Blow 15 is (currently) 431% damage, so at +100% from Murmillo it’s 862% I.E. 431% bonus - to get 2000 bonus damage from the extra 431% you need only ~500 attack damage, AKA basically nothing at lvl 300+, so at 1000 attack which is still pretty low you’re getting twice as much damage from the Murmillo attribute as before. So this is definitely a considerable buff to the attribute just by virtue of the new damage calcs. Also pretty much the same for high guard.

If all you care about is PVP you probably don’t have room in your build for Pelt3 because PVP is currently so imba that certain ranks are necessary for Swordsman to function, but keep in mind that one of their next big priorities after class rebalancing is PVP rebalancing. But for PVE the Pelt3 Rode3 Murmillo build is looking much better thanks to Pelt skills contributing a lot more damage. No idea how it’ll effect the Shinobi builds though, since that mostly relied on Rodelero’s debuffs which are being nerfed.

Essentially, I’d like to be a shield user, that wouldnt have terrible damage, and I could use my Pierene Sword. PVP isnt super important to me atm because of said imba issues, but we will see how it goes after changes.

Also, randomly, I have an atk ratio 1 headgear. Swordies already have a good atk ratio typically. Should I swap it out for something else? Im pretty conflicted on this.

Number 1 is yugimori who is a known big spender, just search his name on the forums and you can see this. I’ve played with him in dungeons too and i’ve seen his gear

Again, where’s the murmillo and where’s the kinos? Do you even play the game?

Depends. AoE ratio headgear is pretty much BIS alongside movement speed because AoE ratio is hard to get, and also pretty rare on headgear. But it’s a minimal increase in your overall strength, and you could sell it for a lot to buy better gear if you need it.

No, aoe attack ratio is very important for murmillo skills.
For PvE you can go sword1 pelt1 hop1 / rodel3 shinobi murm, or sword2 hop1, sword1 pelta2 or sword3, You would lose only finestra from hop1 if you use a sword.